Beyond belief?? If only!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
From what I understand this is not all that uncommon in what is allegedly the holiest city in Christendom (Jerusalem) There are a lot of brawls between various religions and various sects of the same religion over things that make absolutely no sense. It all comes down to, IMO, they are fighting over whose way of worshiping God is better…. You know, love thy brother…unless of course he doesn’t agree with you completely then slap him up side the head kind of thing.

As to the ladder, hell, stuff like that happens working for the state but it is more along the lines of “I’m not doing that... that's your your job... I only put ladders up... YOUR job is taking them down" :D

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This whole thing reminds me of a funny bit in one of Garrison Keilor's books, where he talks about the sectarian fractionation of the Lutheran church in Lake Woebegon, where there are subsects of the major sects, and subsects of those... one case he describes involves a small sub-sub-sect which split apart because of a disagreement about who was sitting next to who at the Last Supper! :rolleyes:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"None so blind as will not see" seems particularly applicable at this point; after all, what is safety in the face of something that might "subvert their claim" to a holy site revered by multiple religious groups.:confused: [heavy sarcasm here, in case it's not obvious]

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
This isn't surprising, really. Silly, but not surprising.

For how many centuries have we seen Christian on Christian violence?

When Peter the Hermit's crusading army entered the city of Semlin (modern day Zemun, in Serbia) in 1096, they killed 4,000 Christians. Then there's the Inquisition and suppression of heresy, the French wars of religion, the conflict in Northern Ireland, the Thirty Years War, the Mountain Meadows Massacre, Catholic versus Protestant conflicts in the United States, the KKK's targeting of Catholics....

Ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Regards,

Steve

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is the result of religious clubs.

In Acts, the Saducees were in a religious club that would not allow the Apostles to speak of Jesus. Religious clubs are all over in the Bible and the squabble continues today, each one thinking they are superior to the other. It's a shame.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I find it slightly sad but mostly comical. Hope noone got badly hurt.
I am really sick and weary of cult mentality however. The whole world is brainwashed to some degree, but some cults and sects are downright dangerous and so extreme, even the ones that say good things.

j

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I must totally misunderstand the word "revered", seems like there was no reverance demonstrated by those who should be examples and mentors.

Latest Discussions