Doomsday the rapture and glass houses

But at the end of the day, it is getting warmer, Billc.

yep. There was a time newfoundland used to have snow til like june. Now, our snow disappears before may 24 weekend.

And we used to have snow like 7 feet high. Now, our winters have much very less snow.

yep. There was a time newfoundland used to have snow til like june. Now, our snow disappears before may 24 weekend.

And we used to have snow like 7 feet high. Now, our winters have much very less snow.

and 1000 years ago you could grow grapes in Scotland and farm successfully in Greenland.

BillC, altho this is a discussion forum with, occasional spats not withstanding, participants who I consider to be well above average in their intelligence and education, wall-of-text posts are just not going to be read in this format - not by me at any rate.

That means that you're losing your 'audience' not necessarily through the 'message' but through the presentation. I'd suggest posting the core points in your own words, thus giving your preceptions of what you have read and then linking to the supporting documentation if you think it's necessary.

Of course, by all means it is up to you how you post and you are quite free to tell givers of unsolicited advice to take a hike :lol:.

Well, Elder said that when I gave little snippets, I was assuming the reader wasn't smart enough to read a larger sample, Tez said that the larger sample was too much, so, I do what I can to keep my fans happy.

Hmm, interesting! This is how I see it, Harold Camping is a true believer and on May 22, I felt sorry for him. He really thought this was going to happen. I stopped feeling sorry for the guy when he updated his so called mathematical prophecy, which now states that the rapture will occur in October of this year. The guy's teachings have caused people to lose their life savings and in some cases their lives.

Now, I do believe that the global war.....ugh, I mean Climate Change movement has some nutty people involved, and when it comes to the science, I don't really have a clue. It seems that some believe in this type of climate change as cyclical and some believe it's man made. What I do know is that the world has become a dirtier place, especially since the industrial revolution. So regardless of what any of us believe about climate change, surely we would all be better off trying to clean our own little plot on this beautiful blue and green ball. May be by doing so we can all be a little more healthy, wealthy and self reliant.

Well, Elder said that when I gave little snippets, I was assuming the reader wasn't smart enough to read a larger sample, Tez said that the larger sample was too much, so, I do what I can to keep my fans happy.

:chuckles: Rock and a hard place it seems :D.

I think the key is to say what you think in your own words rather than simply pointing off to what others have said or transplanting others words wholesale into a medium that's really not up to the job (for those of us without wall-screens at least :)).

As I say, it's not a criticism, just a comment - for I freely admit that I didn't read any of the 'barrage' above ... one post that takes three rolls of my mouse wheel to get past is too long for me in a web forum :eek: ... and that means that I missed out on what contribution you wanted to make to the debate.

I agree with you yorkeshirelad, everyone wants a clean place to live. The problem with the global warming movement is that it is being used to increase government intervention in people's lives. Is global warming happening, possibly, but I have heard that we are now entering a cooling period similar to the one between 1940 and 1980. We warmed up between the 80's and today and we are now about to start cooling again. Add on top of that the fact with the climate-gate scandal, that the leading experts in climate research were found to be destroying contrary data, cooking the books on temperature readings, and trying to prevent skeptical scientists from getting data or being heard, and you have a problem.

One of the big things for me is the fact that Ice, miles deep, used to cover the northern part of the world, it melted without the aid of modern industry. Yet, man is supposed to be responsible for minute changes in the climate.

I agree with you yorkeshirelad, everyone wants a clean place to live. The problem with the global warming movement is that it is being used to increase government intervention in people's lives. Is global warming happening, possibly, but I have heard that we are now entering a cooling period similar to the one between 1940 and 1980. We warmed up between the 80's and today and we are now about to start cooling again. Add on top of that the fact with the climate-gate scandal, that the leading experts in climate research were found to be destroying contrary data, cooking the books on temperature readings, and trying to prevent skeptical scientists from getting data or being heard, and you have a problem.

One of the big things for me is the fact that Ice, miles deep, used to cover the northern part of the world, it melted without the aid of modern industry. Yet, man is supposed to be responsible for minute changes in the climate.

I have no problem with the above post, but the title of the thread is a little strange to me. There is no moral equivilance to camping and the Climate Change movement. Camping's supernatural teachings caused people to lose their lives, life savings and dignity in one foul swoop, and the bastard still keeps the kindling on the fire with his new October predictions.

Here is a quick article about one of the costs of the global warming scare, higher food prices due to using food for fuel:

http://catallaxyfiles.com/2010/01/29/opportunity-cost-of-the-global-warming-scare/

This affects more than a few people who squandered their life savings following a religous leader.

From the article:

Increased bio-fuel production has contributed to the rise in food prices. Concerns over oil prices, energy security and climate change have prompted governments to take a more proactive stance towards encouraging production and use of bio-fuels. This has led to increased demand for bio-fuel raw materials, such as wheat, soy, maize and palm oil, and increased competition for cropland. Almost all of the increase in global maize production from 2004 to 2007 (the period when grain prices rose sharply) went for bio-fuels production in the U.S., while existing stocks were depleted by an increase in global consumption for other uses. Other developments, such as droughts in Australia and poor crops in the E.U. and Ukraine in 2006 and 2007, were largely offset by good crops and increased exports in other countries and would not, on their own, have had a significant impact on prices. Only a relatively small share of the increase in food production prices (around 15%) is due directly to higher energy and fertilizer costs.

Here is an article about the freedom of information act and the people who defend access...until you try to investigate the climate-gate scandal at the Universtity of Virginia. the author of the article is being attacked because he had the nerve to request records from the university about their part in the scandal. It goes to the credibility of the community that promotes the theory of manmade global warming and its defenders in the main stream media.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/wapo-op-ed-laws-for-the-masses-shelter-the-elites/

From the article:

The Washington Post has printed an editorial sniveling about a court order, prompted by a lawsuit, laying out how the University of Virginia must release certain records. These records relate to a former faculty member and pertain to the Climategate and “hockey stick graph” scandals.

The editorial expresses umbrage with my seeking out the records on behalf of the America Tradition Institute, which I suppose is more palatable for the WaPo to do than actually reporting that the school in fact agreed to hand over the records — just one day before having to go before a judge who would likely have ordered the release.

But how dare I, a “skeptic,” utilize a law the Left passed! Says the piece:

Freedom information laws are critical tools that allow Americans to see what their leaders do on their behalf. But some global warming skeptics in Virginia are showing that even the best tools can be misused.

Latest Discussions

Back