Best Scam

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for that head's up, TLH3rdDan! Limited nourishment, physical harm, oaths of secrecy...sounds like brainwashing to me.

Cthulhu

OP
K

kickyou

He Sounds like the next David Koresh.Only with a martial atr twist.Very disturbing

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Use the search feature in the top right of the screen. You'll find several interesting and rather heated discussions on it.

Very brief summary - a very dangerous (to you) style, that some have said borders more on cult than art.

:asian:

OP
K

kickyou

Chung Moo Do simply put is insanity.Nothing more Nothing less.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
i was really surprised to see you post the truth about the Tracys. i have heard all the controversey and know the story, but i've never come out and said it because tracy people just get all in a huff and it's all for nothing really. plus, i wasn't there so i can't say completely for sure what the truth is, but after looking at the system some time ago, it seems like it's the truth.

<rant>

you want scams?

1. KravMaga: not so much a scam, but just bad "martial arts"...i know they don't like to be called a martial art, so bad whatever the hell they are. they are also arrogant SOBs. pretty much study this video you get from napma and take this 2 or 3 week course and you too can teach KravMaga at your McDojo.

2. SCARS: probably the most idiotic, arrogant, style/system bashing jerks around. they have mastered the art of bashing all martial arts in general, but that's about it. and the endless claims of the head man jerry peterson training navy seals is ridiculous.

3. DEFENDO: listen to the name..."DEFENDO"....need i say more? it's crap.

</rant>

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk

ROFL .. thanks for the info, and your commentary. :rofl:

Have any of you ever hosted, or been to a hosted grappling
seminar? My instructor said he'd like to bring in a guy to
teach some grappling.

We have been to some in K.C. unfortunately I was not able to attend. It was a Gracie Seminar. We also hold quite a few at our studio.

Michael

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

Thanx Pierre. I used to call it "knuckles & skulls" but people don't like that...

Oh I hope I get a chung mood doe practitioner for easter!
:mad:

:rofl:
Michael

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by TLH3rdDan

ok here is one for ya not really a scam just someone to look out for if he shows up in your town.... the guys name is roger haygood and he claims to be the only person in the united states to teach a very rare form of southern mantis kung fu... which i have not been able to find out if his claim is real or not... but what he does is rents a house and begins to find a few students and gets them to take classes from him then ends up moving them in with him and making them fix up his house and worship the old chinese gods and basicly brain washes them... of course while they are there they get the privealge of having the hell beat out of them on a daily basis and are only allowed to eat small amounts of rice... yes i know it sounds a bit far fetched but i had one of them come into my sifu's school before it closed and he looked like he had been run over with a car it was that bad and he said thats the way they train every day and that he was not allowed to show any techniques from the style due to an oath he had taken.... but this guy haygood is a nut case.... an example of his lunacy is that he sharpens his finger nails to points and dips them in herbs to hard them and then supposedly covers them in some kind of poison as a form of self defense lol dont know if thats true or not but that came from his former student... and not soon after this haygood left the nashville area as far as i know so be on the look out and he is a real guy i know the 2 guys in this area that teach mantis for real know of him... this guy haygood also does alot of the fake chi tricks... but thought i would let you guys in on that one...

Ok that name sounds too familiar, do you have some locations of where he had schools? There is a local school that has Dojo Rats for real. He makes some of his students sleep in the basement part of the week. A lot that I have heard is hearsay, though. I am meeting with an old friend this week that has been studying there for a year maybe I can get the real scoop.

Michael

OP
G

GouRonin

While admittedly outdated it's based on solid stuff, basically the Fairbairn-Sykes-Applegate military hand to hand material. These three men developed and used this material in Shanghai in a time when it proved itself. I do not know what the Defendo guys are doing with it or how they teach it but it is solid material as they should have got it, However, what they have done with it I do not know.

The Krav Maga that is the USA is much different than the stuff that started it all. It is similar but watered down for McConsumption. However. I have met and know of some practitioners that can use it effectively. However they learned it in Europe.

I would think that these are good examples of styles where the artists are important to making it effective.

OP
F

freddytai

Gracie Jiu jitsu is a great grappling art, no argument there. Well I was studying at a (unnamed) academy (in Las Vegas NV). The head/owner/GM of the school found out that I had done MA for sometime and wanted to open a school in the future. Well As the wise man that he is he say a opportunity to strike. He called me into his office and sat me down. He proceeded to tell me how much money I can make by teaching RGJJ. And that he would let me use his name for a % of the bussiness. He referred to me as HIS retirement. I could get all of this wonderful knowledge and name along witha bag of chips for a mere $10,000.00 US. Oh I was stoked, he was fireing my bubble in some hot steam baby. It made my mouth water to think how much money I could give him, salivate baby. We're talking 20-25% FOR LIFE. For his closing argument, to sweeten the pot that is. He said After I pay him the 10 grand for my BLUE belt he will teach me for the % of my school. And not to worry about any contract's, I could trust him. Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!

OP
R

RCastillo

I 'm disapointed in what I read about what peole are saying about the Tracy organization.

This is something that I still see on another site(among other things) that some of you may frequent, and I felt things were different here.

While I'm only 47, I can only look at what's happening now. Whatever happened between the Seniors, and their issues, is apart of their history, and time has distorted much, I'm sure. Plus, there will always be two sides.

Yes, people can say what they want, and they will, but my feeling needs to be brought out as well.

I hope this will not be consistant here.

:asian:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Ricardo

I am the one that made the disparaging remarks about the Tracy system and they are my feeling from my dealing with their organization. As I say to each their own. But I have also said in other posts that in my opinion Tracy kenpo is better than no kenpo at all.

OP
J

jdmills

ok here is one for ya not really a scam just someone to look out for if he shows up in your town.... the guys name is roger haygood and he claims to be the only person in the united states to teach a very rare form of southern mantis kung fu... which i have not been able to find out if his claim is real or not... but what he does is rents a house and begins to find a few students and gets them to take classes from him then ends up moving them in with him and making them fix up his house and worship the old chinese gods and basicly brain washes them... of course while they are there they get the privealge of having the hell beat out of them on a daily basis and are only allowed to eat small amounts of rice... yes i know it sounds a bit far fetched but i had one of them come into my sifu's school before it closed and he looked like he had been run over with a car it was that bad and he said thats the way they train every day and that he was not allowed to show any techniques from the style due to an oath he had taken.... but this guy haygood is a nut case.... an example of his lunacy is that he sharpens his finger nails to points and dips them in herbs to hard them and then supposedly covers them in some kind of poison as a form of self defense lol dont know if thats true or not but that came from his former student... and not soon after this haygood left the nashville area as far as i know so be on the look out and he is a real guy i know the 2 guys in this area that teach mantis for real know of him... this guy haygood also does alot of the fake chi tricks... but thought i would let you guys in on that one...

Sounds like this guy should quit the martial arts and go into the cosmetic industry. I know women who would pay big bucks for a good nail hardener.

Jim

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Rob_Broad
Ricardo

I am the one that made the disparaging remarks about the Tracy system and they are my feeling from my dealing with their organization. As I say to each their own. But I have also said in other posts that in my opinion Tracy kenpo is better than no kenpo at all.

Rob, don't worry about it. I shoulda just read it, and went on my way. I've let my skin get alittle thicker since then(this was written sometime back)
I do understand your feelings though, it happens.

Peace:asian:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by RCastillo
Rob, don't worry about it. I shoulda just read it, and went on my way. I've let my skin get alittle thicker since then(this was written sometime back)
I do understand your feelings though, it happens.

Peace:asian:

But.......BRING ON THE GOLDENDRAGON, I WANT HIS TITLE!:cool:

QUIT HIDING, QUIT RUNNING, FACE ME!:boxing:

OP
W

Withered Soul

an example of his lunacy is that he sharpens his finger nails to points and dips them in herbs to hard them and then supposedly covers them in some kind of poison as a form of self defense lol

Better be careful he doesn't pick his nose!:D

Latest Discussions