Contract Schools.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by don bohrer
Tess,

I do understand the payment problem and accountability part. One of our students got $150 bucks a week... a week for allowance. We still had trouble getting his parents to pay. :mad: Go figure!

Are you and Seig going to offer a short trial period, or a small discount on monthly tuitions if under a contract?

we offer to everyone a free week of classes, kid and adult. I'm not sure of how the contract reads yet. Seig maybe better able to answer this :)

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A local instructor charges one price for a month-to-month option, and gives a $10/month price break if the student agrees to give four months' notice when stopping. That seems fair to me.

J

J-kid

I dislike contracts alot, and i try to avoid them at all costs.

First off what if i move or i am injuryed or i want to train else were.

I would rather pay for what i am doing.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
there was a clause in the contract that if you were injured or had a military transfer, in the case of an injury, your contract was put on hold until you could resume training, and military, you could get out of your contract if you had orders to move elsewhere.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
we don't have "contracts" per se, but we do have automatic collection of tuition (EFT) and ask the student for a committment to one of our membership plans. We were against it early on when we first opened but we were not profitable until we went to EFT's. We worked too hard to lose money!
This arrangement is more professional, allows us to teach instead of chase after overdue tuition, and allows us to remain in business! Knowing they have to pay is incentive for students to make more use of their classes.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ps. if there is a medical situation, some one moves, or there is some other legitimate issue, we never give the student a hard time about cancelling their membership.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I chose my first school there was no way that I would have signed a contract. There were just too many things that I didn't know about MAs. Would it be for me, was the instructor a cheat, and a thousand other questions that go through your head not to mention the questions you don't even know to ask. A contract was just something that I felt would have locked me into something that I had no idea I would be getting addicted to. Now that I have trained for a while and am beginning to figure out what to look for, what to expect and know now that it is for me I don't have a problem signing a contract that doesn't set off alarm bells in my head. I don't have a problem with the idea of contracts. Americans tend to flit from one trend to another on a weekly basis and that doesn't keep steady income coming in. Consider me a contract convert.

Latest Discussions