Best of the Best

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Rocky did at least redeem itself with the last one, Rocky Balboa, which I felt was fantastic and quite possibly the best of the series.

Here's another one that got worse as they progressed: American Ninja (weren't there like seven of those?)

Daniel

on that note..

Kickboxer..... I liked 1, 2, 3, and 4.. the 5th was the worst IMO.
Bloodsport.... 1 was the only good one.. the ones after it are horrid.
American ninja..... 1 and 2.. anything after that doesn't exist in my eyes.
No retreat No Surrender.... all equally bad.. but the fight scenes are pretty good in all of them.
Missing in Action... I still think 2 is better than the original.
Shootfighter.... William Zabka!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I admit I am a total nerd. I really liked all 6 of the Rocky movies. Everyone dogs Rocky V, however I thought it was decent as far as the story telling went.

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just seen Best of the Best 4 ... pretty poor! Though Philip Rhee still looks good at TKD & Hapkido!

Stuart

OP
D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I admit I am a total nerd. I really liked all 6 of the Rocky movies. Everyone dogs Rocky V, however I thought it was decent as far as the story telling went.
You should read up on the filming of the fights in Rocky IV. Lundgren and Stalone were pretty hard core in trading blows. Lundgren said that for those close ups where the fist comes in and hits the jaw and you see the spit and blood fly that they each just stood there, let the other guy slug them in the face, then take a Tylenol.

One of Lundgren's blows to Stalone's body sent him to the hostpital with swelling of the tissue around his heart.

After filming the scene where Drago throws Creed into the corner, Carl Weathers reportedly walked off the set and had to be convinced by Stalone to not quit.

Supposedly, Stalone and Lundgren both enjoyed working together, and in a recent interview (there's a link to it in the Kyokushin section here on MT), Lundgren spoke very highly of Stalone and his experience in making Rocky IV.

Daniel