Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
BOB would be great, but I need one that I can also use for lower kicking.✌️

So get the VS BOB...

century-versys-vs-bob-01_1600.jpg

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thank-you, JR. I'll look a little closer. What are your opinions on the XXL Wavemaster vs BOB XL?? Thx again!✌️

See my first post on this thread.

I like the longer striking surface on the Wavemaster XXL. And the base doesn't seem as high and as wide as the BOB. I can kick lower on the Wavemaster XXL in combination with punches.

The BOB XL gives more realistic striking options such as hooks to the chin, uppercuts, knife hand strikes to the neck, and so on. It's far better for realistic target practice.

I chose the BOB XL because I think it'll last longer. Too many people have had issues with the part where the Wavemaster XXL screws into the base splitting. The one I hit rattled quite a bit because it would unscrew from the base. And it had indentations from where it was commonly hit. It was at a YMCA, so I have no idea if people were abusing it or not, which could've been the cause of the problems.

I'm a private school teacher with young kids, so I don't have much disposable income. I wanted the one I think would last the longest, and with the cash in my hand I went with the BOB as it seems more durable. If durability was equal (at least if I thought it was), I very well might have bought the Wavemaster XXL. It certainly wasn't an easy decision. Both are quite good IMO. No other freestanding bag I've hit compares.

OP
Uncle Max

Uncle Max

White Belt
Reaction score
See my first post on this thread.

I like the longer striking surface on the Wavemaster XXL. And the base doesn't seem as high and as wide as the BOB. I can kick lower on the Wavemaster XXL in combination with punches.

The BOB XL gives more realistic striking options such as hooks to the chin, uppercuts, knife hand strikes to the neck, and so on. It's far better for realistic target practice.

I chose the BOB XL because I think it'll last longer. Too many people have had issues with the part where the Wavemaster XXL screws into the base splitting. The one I hit rattled quite a bit because it would unscrew from the base. And it had indentations from where it was commonly hit. It was at a YMCA, so I have no idea if people were abusing it or not, which could've been the cause of the problems.

I'm a private school teacher with young kids, so I don't have much disposable income. I wanted the one I think would last the longest, and with the cash in my hand I went with the BOB as it seems more durable. If durability was equal (at least if I thought it was), I very well might have bought the Wavemaster XXL. It certainly wasn't an easy decision. Both are quite good IMO. No other freestanding bag I've hit compares.
Sorry, JR.. my bad. I meant the "vs BOB", like Dirty Dog posted a little while ago. They seem to knocked around around fairly easily. I've never used the vs BOB.. there isn't one where I train. Anybody have any hands-on experience? How cumbersome is the footprint?? Thank-you everybody.✌️

OP
Uncle Max

Uncle Max

White Belt
Reaction score
Master Ken's review of the vs bob holy crap lololo_O

Latest Discussions