title and ringside freestanding heavy bags

ottowill

White Belt
Reaction score
hello all,

i would be very grateful for anyone's experience with these title and ringside freestanding bags. there doesn't seem to be reviews or much info about them on the web or ma forums. they look a bit more solid and reactive than most, from what i can tell off the sites...

TITLE MMA Liqui-Shock Freestanding Thai Bag
http://store.titleboxing.com/title-m...nding-bag.html

TITLE Boxing Power Reflex Freestanding Heavy Bag
http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...-heavybag.html

RINGSIDE FREESTANDING HEAVY BAG
http://www.ringside.com/ringside/pun...heavy-bag.html

RINGSIDE THAI ATTACHMENT FOR FREESTANDING HEAVY BAG
http://www.ringside.com/ringside/pun...heavy-bag.html

i'm interested for punching and kicking including low-line, knees and elbows, movement, speed and accuracy more than power.

many thanks for your time and help!

Benevolentbob

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm currently shopping for a freestanding heavy bag as well so I would also be interested in hearing what people have to say about this.

OP
O

ottowill

White Belt
Reaction score
hi, thanks for the reply. could i ask how you find the spring action in this title bag? and how much have you found it moves around? many thanks,

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
hi, thanks for the reply. could i ask how you find the spring action in this title bag? and how much have you found it moves around? many thanks,
The Stability is pretty good. All things considered.
The ones we used were filled with Sand, and it didnt move around too much unless you really hit through it. And if youre hitting that hard, what else do you expect it to do, really.
It doesnt sway around too much. If it moves, it tends to move most of the whole bag. But alot of the Impact just Dents it, rather than Push. The Dents come out reasonably quickly.

As for Push Kicks, theyll, well, Push it. But if its sufficiently full, it requires some effort.

For Knees; Get a Shield or something and stick it underneath on one side to lean the bag over, then grab on, pull it toward you so its off the shield slightly, and get to work. That way, its closer to a Clinch, than some dude standing there leaning over, if that makes any sense. In terms of how Stability.

Elbows are no issue at all. Unless you want jumping downward Elbows. In which case, get a BOB :)

As for Low Kicks, we had one bag where someone put a Weight at the bottom, so there was more resistance to Low Kicks. It made for a great workout, since the Bag wouldnt move, pretty much no matter how hard you hit it. And if you did move it, youd probably need to rest your leg muscles for a second.

The only real flaw I can think of, is that it can get marks in the cover if you beat it around enough. But thats talking months. Not weeks, or days.
And the Dents can take a couple of Hours to come out. BUT, they take a fair few blows to the same place to get there in the first place.
The important thing, is that they do come out.
And while it provides excellent absorption of Force - If you DO really Power Strike it, its own Weight will carry it down. As such, having something behind it, roughly chest height, for it to bounce off, can circumvent it falling over. Unless you feel all warm and fuzzy when you knock over stable things that arent your Opponent.

Any other flaws are nit-picks.
For example; If youre 6"4, you may not get the best there is for Head Punching, since its only... I cant remember the exact size. But its around 6 Feet. Or 70 Inches, or something (We dont use Inches much in this Country. At all.).

On the flipside, it holds about (Well, we used;) 265 Pounds of Sand, with some extra room. So thats nice.

Anything else?

OP
O

ottowill

White Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the detailed reply. that's pretty much the first review i've read of these mma size freestanding title bags! i'll give that some more thought, cheers.

The Stability is pretty good. All things considered.
The ones we used were filled with Sand, and it didnt move around too much unless you really hit through it. And if youre hitting that hard, what else do you expect it to do, really.
It doesnt sway around too much. If it moves, it tends to move most of the whole bag. But alot of the Impact just Dents it, rather than Push. The Dents come out reasonably quickly.

As for Push Kicks, theyll, well, Push it. But if its sufficiently full, it requires some effort.

For Knees; Get a Shield or something and stick it underneath on one side to lean the bag over, then grab on, pull it toward you so its off the shield slightly, and get to work. That way, its closer to a Clinch, than some dude standing there leaning over, if that makes any sense. In terms of how Stability.

Elbows are no issue at all. Unless you want jumping downward Elbows. In which case, get a BOB :)

As for Low Kicks, we had one bag where someone put a Weight at the bottom, so there was more resistance to Low Kicks. It made for a great workout, since the Bag wouldnt move, pretty much no matter how hard you hit it. And if you did move it, youd probably need to rest your leg muscles for a second.

The only real flaw I can think of, is that it can get marks in the cover if you beat it around enough. But thats talking months. Not weeks, or days.
And the Dents can take a couple of Hours to come out. BUT, they take a fair few blows to the same place to get there in the first place.
The important thing, is that they do come out.
And while it provides excellent absorption of Force - If you DO really Power Strike it, its own Weight will carry it down. As such, having something behind it, roughly chest height, for it to bounce off, can circumvent it falling over. Unless you feel all warm and fuzzy when you knock over stable things that arent your Opponent.

Any other flaws are nit-picks.
For example; If youre 6"4, you may not get the best there is for Head Punching, since its only... I cant remember the exact size. But its around 6 Feet. Or 70 Inches, or something (We dont use Inches much in this Country. At all.).

On the flipside, it holds about (Well, we used;) 265 Pounds of Sand, with some extra room. So thats nice.

Anything else?

Benevolentbob

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So I thought I would just update this thread by saying I went ahead and bought the TITLE MMA Liqui-Shock Freestanding Thai Bag and it just arrived today. Setup was pretty simple and construction seems solid. The thing gets pretty darn heavy when filled all the way with water and doesn't slide around too much except for side kicks. The spring that allows the actual bag part to move around is far more active than I thought it would be, it moves a lot like a hanging bag except all the weight is in the bottom so the impact you're expecting never really comes. This will certainly take some getting used to as it bobs quite a bit but it should be good in the long run as it makes you work on your distance and timing. Overall I really like it so far and the height should work for most people six feet tall or shorter.