Berzerker style fighting. No, really!

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
http://www.vikingfighting.com/Default.aspx

I'm cracking up at the site. I mean, it might be legit for all I know (however unlikely), but every time I read 'Berzerker', I get this image of someone just going ape *** and flailing their arms about while screaming.

That, and I keep singing "Spear and Magic Helmet" from that old Bugs Bunny cartoon.

:D

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The "Tactical Warhammer" and the "Rape the Rapist" are two of the new modules. "Viking Gun Fighting", "Viking Gun Defense" and "Mug the Mugger" are also new.

LOL. Viking Gun Defense. Im certain the Berzerkers of Old were worried about Gun defense. I know, I know they said it was new... but WTF is a viking gun defense?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This site is actually hilarious. Read thru the discussion forums and see how he just makes fun of everyone, no matter what they do and what they say. It's really funny stuff.

OP
Jonathan

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This site is actually hilarious. Read thru the discussion forums and see how he just makes fun of everyone, no matter what they do and what they say. It's really funny stuff.

Y'know, I'm inclined to think that he's actually posting as multiple users... note how many are 'convinced' of the art's effectiveness.

All of which just makes it even FUNNIER. :D

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Y'know, I'm inclined to think that he's actually posting as multiple users... note how many are 'convinced' of the art's effectiveness.

All of which just makes it even FUNNIER. :D

oh yeah, it's obviously someone's private little joke. Good stuff!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL. Viking Gun Defense. Im certain the Berzerkers of Old were worried about Gun defense. I know, I know they said it was new... but WTF is a viking gun defense?

Hmmm?

A Viscount is not quiet a count. (* Shhh go with it it will be funny. *)

So a Vi-King is not quiet a King.

Does this make them a queen or a jack or maybe a joker? Either way, they are a few cards short of a full deck?

I would have to see a lot of comparison of a knife/dagger technique used in gun defense. And even then, I would still be thinking hmmm, to myself?

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am having trouble stopping laughing long enought to type this. Absolutely hilarious.

MantisStyle21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Lol wow that is absolutely hilarious, I wonder what one of his seminars are like hahahahahahaa.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score

It's fantastically funny. It's great to see how if you don't do Berserkere training and worship the founder as a god you're gay. I got the definite impression that Sven Svenson (or whatever his name is, I don't really care) is about 9 feet tall and wanders through Norway with a huge battleaxe in each hand.

I wonder if there rankings are denoted by helmets with progressively bigger horns?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it were American I'd call it Cheez-Whiz on a cracker.
Since it's Scandinavian I'll just have to call it hákarl on lefsa :wink:

Besides, they get so much wrong. The Baresarks were also called "Odin's men". They were devoted to the All-Father, not Thor who was more concerned with rain and fish. A Viking martial art which doesn't include the spear or the single-bitted axe but does use the war-hammer? Scandinavian fighting that doesn't include the holmgang? No wrestling? Horned helmets?

It's funny, but the joke could be done better.

Note: For those of you who don't know what hákarl is, it's rotted shark and quite the traditional delicacy in Iceland. The Blue Shark has toxic levels of cyanic acid. If you leave it to decay for a few months it breaks down. There are some foods which even make the Lutefisk McMuffin sound good
:barf:

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's great to see how if you don't do Berserkere training and worship the founder as a god you're gay.

Actually the worshiping ol' Sven bit ties into the the gay aspect.

I wonder if there rankings are denoted by helmets with progressively bigger horns?

I'm betting that anyone who buys into this needs, err, horn augmenting extenders...

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's funny, but the joke could be done better.
[/I]

Yeah, but... 'Berzerker Body Toning'?? 'Viking Anger Management'? ??? ???

I mean, if it were done any better it would be fatal! :lol:

Hmmmm... 'Berserzker Humor Weapons: Jokes That Make 'Em Die Laughing'...

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Making fun of your betters again are you, filthy spawn of Yme`s ampits! By Frøy`s golden pig, we virile vikings need no horn extensions. Horned helmets are only for cermonial use. As soon as we are done honoring Odin by pouring fresh blood on his image and eating raw horse meat we will set sail to burn your pitiful towns and take thralls and frilles. When you die your soul won`t be picked up by the Valkyrie, it will go down to Helheim where poison will forever drip on your head. Tremble in fear, weakling men!
1998-05-27.gif

Latest Discussions