Bad good guys & good bad guys

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Legion of Doom/ Road Warriors usually played the Heel, but I always loved them because they just took over & didn't play the "typical" bad guy role. I always loved The Missing Link, too. (He was just so odd, ya had to love a guy with the guts to do that!)

I can't think off the top of my head, but I'm sure there were Baby Faces that I never liked as Baby Faces.

Who were the Baby Faces that you never liked & Heels that you loved?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - When he first started out, the writers tried to portray him as the ultimate good guy. Not surprisingly, the fans didn't like this, and booed him lustily. It wasn't until they made his character into an arrogant megalomaniac, that he was able to win over the crowds.

During his babyface years, I still remember seeing some signs in the crowd that said "Rocky Sucks!" (back when he wrestled under the name of "Rocky Maivia"), or even "Rocky is Gay!"

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - When he first started out, the writers tried to portray him as the ultimate good guy. Not surprisingly, the fans didn't like this, and booed him lustily. It wasn't until they made his character into an arrogant megalomaniac, that he was able to win over the crowds.

During his babyface years, I still remember seeing some signs in the crowd that said "Rocky Sucks!" (back when he wrestled under the name of "Rocky Maivia"), or even "Rocky is Gay!"

Good call! That was a plotline that fell flat.

Latest Discussions