Attack of the Killer Trolls.

Mustafa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The first step in ignoring a bothersome person is clicking on their username, locate the "Ignore so-n-so" button (next to the "add so-n-so" to friend list button), make sure the little box has a check mark in it to be able to ignore them, and press the save button. You will no longer have to see what that person has to say, unless you choose to remove them from your ignore list.
It is written already (The quran says god does NOT change his word, i dont remember it). The way i see it, you should give me an apology. :D But you dont have too.
It gives me a, lot of raised blood pressures, headaches, whatever, having to reapeat things for you.

Second step in the process of handling a bothersome poster, is by simply moving your mouse over to the upper right hand corner of their post. You'll see a small white triangle with an exclamation point (!) in the middle of it. This is called the "Report to Moderator" button. You have to type what rules of MT they are breaking, and the moderators will therefore promptly look into the bothersome post, and will take care of it as they see fit.
That should be the duty of everyone (even if Bob and his staff are the ones who deals with the rules, bannings etc.)

Either way, these two functions saves a lot of raised blood pressures, headaches, whatever, and everyone is still happy in the end.
No they dont.
It is like not wanting to walk outside the house to get firewood for you fireplace i say.

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
The first step in ignoring a bothersome person is clicking on their username, locate the "Ignore so-n-so" button (next to the "add so-n-so" to friend list button), make sure the little box has a check mark in it to be able to ignore them, and press the save button. You will no longer have to see what that person has to say, unless you choose to remove them from your ignore list.

Second step in the process of handling a bothersome poster, is by simply moving your mouse over to the upper right hand corner of their post. You'll see a small white triangle with an exclamation point (!) in the middle of it. This is called the "Report to Moderator" button. You have to type what rules of MT they are breaking, and the moderators will therefore promptly look into the bothersome post, and will take care of it as they see fit.

Either way, these two functions saves a lot of raised blood pressures, headaches, whatever, and everyone is still happy in the end.
Well written and most excellent advice.

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
It is written already (The quran says god does NOT change his word, i dont remember it). The way i see it, you should give me an apology. :D But you dont have too.
It gives me a, lot of raised blood pressures, headaches, whatever, having to reapeat things for you.

That should be the duty of everyone (even if Bob and his staff are the ones who deals with the rules, bannings etc.)

No they dont.
It is like not wanting to walk outside the house to get firewood for you fireplace i say.
Acting this way gives you much pleasure it seems. Deriving pleasure from being a disruption is also a sign of trolldom. Given you continuous religious ramblings, what image are you presenting the world of how good Moslems act? Is it written in the holy that one will act this way? If you were judged by that which you hold dear, would you be found fit, or lacking and spat out like refuse? Spittle think do I.

Mustafa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Acting this way gives you much pleasure it seems. Deriving pleasure from being a disruption is also a sign of trolldom. Given you continuous religious ramblings, what image are you presenting the world of how good Moslems act? Is it written in the holy that one will act this way? If you were judged by that which you hold dear, would you be found fit, or lacking and spat out like refuse? Spittle think do I.
A trap is a "dirty weapon", and you cannot touch it without cutting yourself.
I am not presenting to the world how good moslems acts. But i am showing you how bad you act.
What is this way? (there are many things written)
I am being judged, it is not IF i am being judged - by what i hold dear.
I dont understand a part of your text so i cant quite reply to it.

To avoid cutting anyone, i will wait for someone to knock my door (not with hammer). It is not enough for you to tell me who need whatever.

MT Admin Team

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Note

Infractions have been issued. The rules & policies of MartialTalk are in place to ensure we maintain a FRIENDLY DISCUSSION of the Martial Arts. Recent posts have shown a disregard, if not for just the specific rules, then to the intent of the MartialTalk community. Please comply with them.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a magnet for sure. But the problem for now has been neutralized.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a magnet for sure. But the problem for now has been neutralized.

Thank you Bob and your great admin. team for keeping the best place on the web to discuss the MA's as troll free as can be expected. One of the many reasons I can't seem to keep away from MT.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What a bizarre thread.

I find it rather ironic that the mention of trolls seems to attract them. Rather ironic indeed.

Then let's not mention them EVER...We should post a banner on the sign in page "No Trolls Allowed"...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What a bizarre thread.

I find it rather ironic that the mention of trolls seems to attract them. Rather ironic indeed.

Then that's one way to neutralize a threat, eh? ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just left a forum I've been happily contributing to for over three years because I can no longer stand being abused by what is termed a troll but is in reality nothing more than a foul mouthed bully. The forum has mods but the policing is that it's self policing. At first the troll came on with racist remarks, I'm not going to repeat them but his signiture was 'you can't keep a white man down' so you get the idea. He abused (he calls it humour) just about every group you can. Some of us stood up to him believing that if new or young people were to browse the forum they'd think it was ok to be a racist on the site. What I got in return was the posting up of the most foul mouthed abuse back from this guy who calls himself Jones, including the f and c words. he posted up that I was sending him threatening PMs, that I smelt of urine and worst things. To say I was upset was an understatement.I'm left shaking. I'm looking into the legal aspect of doing something about it but I think it's a lost cause.
The way this forum is moderated makes me feel safe from this kind of attack, I tried to answer back but am hampered by my unwillingness to use foul language! Thank you for MartialTalk!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! As you probably realise I enjoy debating but not arguing. I might not agree with what someones said but I can enjoy the way they say it, I do feel passionately about things but when you are arguing with someone who has a KKK hooded figure as an avatar it's horrendous. He later changed it to a Golliwog. I don't know if Americans understand the significance of that? Black people used to be insulted by calling them 'wogs' over here. It's understood by decent people that you just don't do this.
Anyway enough! I have posts to read lol! Thank you all again!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feedback, Tez3! We have a good staff who work hard on a volunteer basis here to provide this environment.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Behavior like that is not allowed here, and in the -very- rare event that you were to encounter it here, please, let us know.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've seen too many negativity on another forum, as well- which is why I keep coming here! I'm glad you have such a wonderful experience!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been contacted by the owner of the forum I left, it seems things got worse and the police have been contacted reference the racist material!
http://www.met.police.uk/computercrime/

This may be useful to anyone who is either in the UK or is receiving offensive or abusive stuff which originates in the UK.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just reread this thread and have to comment again.

This site's the best. :)

Latest Discussions