Arts that Suit Body Style?

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a good point. If power doesn't matter, then height (and mobility) are the key factors.

Yeah I experienced this first hand when I have to point spar against guys that I more than double their weight. I am not allowed to grapple or use a lot of force so they generally do better at that than I do.

I hate point sparring but we do it for a tournament coming up. When we do kumite though then the odds are more in my favor and I have to hold back more.

I think point sparring is better cardio as I have lost about 8 pounds.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I experienced this first hand when I have to point spar against guys that I more than double their weight. I am not allowed to grapple or use a lot of force so they generally do better at that than I do.

I hate point sparring but we do it for a tournament coming up. When we do kumite though then the odds are more in my favor and I have to hold back more.

I think point sparring is better cardio as I have lost about 8 pounds.
I'm not a fan of point sparring. It's interesting to watch, but it tends to breed bad habits from a combat perspective. Of course, so many valid training methods have to make big compromises in the interest of safety, and can cause some bad habits for that reason.