Aquathlon aka Underwater Wrestling

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Never heard of this before. Anyone else? Looks interesting.

Apparently, it's a sport that originated in Russia, and involves competitors wearing fins trying to remove ribbons from the other person's ankles.

Here's one video that has several matches.

I found it in a search for the most obscure non-martial sport I could find, but ended up stumbling on this sport instead. The internet is amazing. :)

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, that ranks up there with curling...
I don't think this is nearly as popular or well known as curling. It would need to gain a lot more notoriety, and perhaps be added to the Olympics as a sport before it ranks up there with curling.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is nearly as popular or well known as curling. It would need to gain a lot more notoriety, and perhaps be added to the Olympics as a sport before it ranks up there with curling.
No, no... you misunderstand. I meant on the list of things I cannot imagine why anybody would do.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
No, no... you misunderstand. I meant on the list of things I cannot imagine why anybody would do.
Oh, I figured so, but thought I'd try and give you the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for confirming.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm sorry but every time I see the title of this thread I read Aqualung

JethroTullAqualungalbumcover.jpg

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Benefit of the doubt on what?
Huh. Funny question I guess the friendliest way to say this is I think you trend negative. I tried to think of a constructive way to interpret your post, but you made clear you were being negative.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. Funny question I guess the friendliest way to say this is I think you trend negative. I tried to think of a constructive way to interpret your post, but you made clear you were being negative.
Not understanding why anyone would spend their time on a given activity is negative? You do know that there is a vast difference between not understanding why they would do it, and thinking that they shouldn't, right?

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not understanding why anyone would spend their time on a given activity is negative? You do know that there is a vast difference between not understanding why they would do it, and thinking that they shouldn't, right?
I had no idea. Thanks for sharing.

Latest Discussions