Anyone know this Guy?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would be suspicious of anyone listed on that web page, but I have no proof of anything and make no accusations. Just my own personal opinion.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nope...long resume...one thing missing did not claim to have trained or trained with Bruce Lee...ODD!!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All I can say is ********, what happen to Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan? This is a resume for the ages and I for one have never ever heard of him until today.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
No clue. I have no input on his skill, either as a martial artist or an instructor. I will say it makes me very nervous when I see list like these. They are very, very, hard for a person to live up to and look to be very similiar to resume padding.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would be suspicious of anyone listed on that web page, but I have no proof of anything and make no accusations. Just my own personal opinion.

You'll notice I am listed under that website as well. Then again, you SHOULD be suspicious of me. I am a sneaky bastard.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It appears he got a shotokan black belt in 2 years if Im reading it correctly.

Hapkido black belt in 2 years too, and lists a tae kwon do black belt without listing when he started training TKD, and got 4th dan only 2 years after 2nd.

I don't know him, don't know anything about him other than this resume page...but it looks fishy to me. Maybe not impossible, but that's a heck of a lot for one man to accomplish.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of him, but like others, I'm somewhat skeptical of a resume like his. The reputation of that org doesn't do anything to make me more confident that he's legit. He may well be a fine practitioner, but like it not there is a certain degree of guilt by associate in things of this sort.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
resume said:
Commissioned a Kentucky Colonel By the Governor of Kentucky
Sensei Sharkey has one of these. It is hung in the dojo in the pro-shop. We usually have a nice chuckle about it as we bug him for the secret recipe.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You'll notice I am listed under that website as well. Then again, you SHOULD be suspicious of me. I am a sneaky bastard.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

With all due respect, there are quite a few names there I recognize, but have been led to believe are nothing but charlatans. I personally would hesitate to be associated with such people, lest others think I was made of similar stuff. Please understand I hold you in the highest regard when I say this and mean nothing personal by it.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, there are quite a few names there I recognize, but have been led to believe are nothing but charlatans. I personally would hesitate to be associated with such people, lest others think I was made of similar stuff. Please understand I hold you in the highest regard when I say this and mean nothing personal by it.

Hey-Josh was a karate student of Frank Dux-as such, his name belongs on that list.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I bet you are not as sneaky as Ashida Kim who is listed there...He's a ninja and the baddest of them all. :p

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey-Josh was a karate student of Frank Dux-as such, his name belongs on that list.

Funny you should say that. I thought Frank Dux had been widely discredited as a fraudster. Then I noticed on p9 of Taekwondo Times this month (March 2012 edition) that he's listed in the "Legends of the Martial Arts Hall of Fame Awards" advert as Hanshi. Given his reputation, I don't know if I'd have put his name in the advert.

However, does anyone know if this bad reputation is deserved?

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Van Damme calles and offers to make a movie about you, the answer is no.

Latest Discussions