Anyone here carry a Glock 19 as their CCW?

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah, I live in FL, so I'm not gonna be wearing jackets, lol. I might do that, I just don't know if I feel comfortable asking if I can hide a $600 worth of merchandise down my pants!

Don't worry. At gunshops they know why you are buying the gun! Don't be shy. And for good holsters, forget 'Uncle Mikes' or Fobus.

Think FIST, or Comp-Tac, or Blade-Tec. You can google the names and come up with the websits. Google for 'FIST holsters" or such.

Such as these make serious holsters and gear.

Deaf

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
While I own Glocks, I have experience with 1911's too and there is something to be said for the flat single stack profile and CCW.

I'm the same way. I own a wonderful Nighthawk Custom Talon 5" 1911 that is uber-accurate and reliable.......BUT because I carry a G22C on-duty (with a G27 backup), I carry a G22C off-duty (and rarely the G27).

I am a loyal and firm believer in the 'Dance with the one that brought you, and ONLY the one that brought you' school of pistol shooting.......meaning I only seriously shoot one handgun (despite owning over a dozen), and I try to shoot it well.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I CC a glock 21 (full size 45) quite often and never been spotted/confronted for it. I'm 6'1", 220lbs. During summer I usually carry my glock 19. I typically wear shirts a little loose, but not real baggy (XL's). Get a good holster AND a good gun belt. I'm a huge fan of the wilderness ring belt with the polymer insert. I know others prefer the leather, but the wilderness is my fav.

I prefer comp-tac holsters myself, the 2 o'clock is what I cc my 19 in now, I got the slide version and have even carried my glock 34 in it with no one the wiser.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Unless you dress in tight-fitting clothing on a regular basis, you won't have a problem hiding a compact (19/23/etc.), much less a sub-compact (26/27/etc.).
See post #11 of this thread http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64597&highlight=Companion&page=2

I'm a skinny little brat (5'10" 175 lbs, 31" waistline) and I don't have a problem...Even friends that not only know what I carry but how I carry it (type of holster and location) can't tell if I've got a weapon or not.

Most people over-think this stuff and convince themselves that "X" is too big to hide effectively.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 22 .40 caliber all the time with no issues. I am not a large individual either so a 19 would be doable with no problems.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I live in FL, so I'm not gonna be wearing jackets, lol. I might do that, I just don't know if I feel comfortable asking if I can hide a $600 worth of merchandise down my pants!

During the swampy July and August here in AL, I use dress shorts, along with a t-shirt. The gun goes on an outside the waistband holster, and I wear a short sleeved dress shirt over the t-shirt. Not quite as comfortable as just a t-shirt, but it allows me to carry even a full sized Glock in hot weather.

Of course, sometimes I'll simply use the S&W 442 J-frame revolver in a good pocket holster, but there are times where you would want that extra firepower...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I cant say anything as I am packing my Sig P-226 until I can afford something smaller..

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm a skinny little brat (5'10" 175 lbs, 31" waistline) and I don't have a problem...Even friends that not only know what I carry but how I carry it (type of holster and location) can't tell if I've got a weapon or not.

Ah, there's the reason Ken. You are thin. I'm 5'8", 175 and my waist is more like 34-36!

Not everyone has a thin waistline and many have 'love handles' to boot.

An IWB holster can be tough on those with love handles if behind-the-hip. And any gut will give problems with appendix carry.

But for those who want to pack compact to full sized guns I suggest you look in the mirror and see how much gut you can trade for gun! Lose 10 lbs might allow you to pack a larger roscoe without printing.

Deaf

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 22 .40 caliber all the time with no issues. I am not a large individual either so a 19 would be doable with no problems.
I can and have carried a Glock 22 concealed... but I find it takes some adjustment in where you carry. I prefer to carry concealed very close to where I carry openly, and a 27 fits better... I figure if I'm in plainclothes, and going for a gun fast -- it's hitting the fan pretty bad, and muscle memory is going to send my hand down my right hip.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I currently carry my G17 or G21sf, but I used to carry my G26. I, myself, do not own a G19, but I have 6 members of my family that carry the G19. 3 of them are women.

So if you think its to big, I will disagree.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow... that's a lot of guys who don't have a problem with Glock ergo's.

I don't carry a Glock, but I would recommend by way of holsters, both Comp-Tac and High Noon.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/product_line.html

Good buddy carries a Glock 19 in a High noon holster with no problems.
I carry my CZ in the "Alter Ego".

If you give thought to carry location, the right holster and the right clothes you can conceal a Glock 19.

Latest Discussions