Any SKK combo's on youtube?

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
My teacher wanted to remove the finishes where we are standing over a prone attacker punching downwards... not to include the ones where we have control of a limb (10,17, etc), just the ones where we do not. However the knee-on-stomach variation is interesting and would be a good transition to groundfighting if you need to do that for some reason...

Side note on the knee in Combo #3. Be careful. I have been doing this for almost 20 years and about 7 months ago I was demonstrating the tech. on one of my larger students (6'3" 260 former boxer) and just with a little tap while showing it I broke his ribs. Now with that said I do not have any magic Chi or anything he is a former golden gloves boxer and had broken ribs to begin with from the past.
Also, Marlon. Thanks for the props in the video, I do not block in #6. When they are within kicking distance they get kicked. I teach this more off of the BUM rush. and no davidcc there is no cool things to my capitalized letters like your "BAM and PAM" just a simple blitz word. Lovin everything guys keep it up.
Jesse

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Side note on the knee in Combo #3. Be careful. I have been doing this for almost 20 years and about 7 months ago I was demonstrating the tech. on one of my larger students (6'3" 260 former boxer) and just with a little tap while showing it I broke his ribs. Now with that said I do not have any magic Chi or anything he is a former golden gloves boxer and had broken ribs to begin with from the past.
Also, Marlon. Thanks for the props in the video, I do not block in #6. When they are within kicking distance they get kicked. I teach this more off of the BUM rush. and no davidcc there is no cool things to my capitalized letters like your "BAM and PAM" just a simple blitz word. Lovin everything guys keep it up.
Jesse

We need a cool acronym for "KAPOW"

;)

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would not be doing combo 1 against the knife as in the video posted..

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had the same thought ... I could see it, or a variation of it, being used against a side club, but not really liking it too much against a knife.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Agreed...Any time an opponent has a knife coming in like that..posing seems to allow him an opportunity for a quick follow up strike...NOW that being said I guess I could comment that IF it was a VERY commited lunge and your initial block struck with such force as to imobilize the hand...ok...better be the case though....

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Lets recap shall we?

We have seen versions of #1,2,3,5,6,8,10,11,19,20,22,36,43,47....(did I miss any?)

#2 (Davdicc) and #43(me) have been identified as different from the norm, as Mr. Dwire asked i will do a short vid exclusively on 43 (not quite sure when though).

So if anyone is looking to post more would love to see your versions of any not on the above or even different versions of the above.

Nice job all!!

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
just noticed, our 22 is nothing at all like JT's 22.

I'll see if I can tape our #22. Also I'll do a knife, a club, a gun, and a grab if I can get a willing attacker :)

OP
K

kempo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Marlon, great job on the combinations. You also brought up a good point, that the entry moves in kempo are to prevent any further attackes. I also had the same thought as some of you, I wouldnt do combination 1 against a knife attack. To risky.

Chris

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
this is fun! my first youtube posting...perhaps we could all do our least favorite combos and compare...and perhaps some animal techniques (on a different thread, maybe)

Respectfully,
Marlon

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
this is fun! my first youtube posting...perhaps we could all do our least favorite combos and compare...and perhaps some animal techniques (on a different thread, maybe)

Respectfully,
Marlon

Yeah but I don't think you can convince Jesse to do a vid on #6. ;)

OP
K

kempo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Here are 2 more. Master Jim Brassard did #68 and #74.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeJrimSoZY8&feature=related

Also from there you will see some of his tips on combo #3 and #5. This is worth looking at....If you cant click on the address do a seach on youtube for Jim Brassard..

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah but I don't think you can convince Jesse to do a vid on #6. ;)

actually I was going to do a vid on 6. I was just going to walk around to random people and just start front ball kicking them and see how far i can get them to go back.
on the real side - I will do a video on how 6 is the catalyst to a lot of the other combo's

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
actually I was going to do a vid on 6. I was just going to walk around to random people and just start front ball kicking them and see how far i can get them to go back.
on the real side - I will do a video on how 6 is the catalyst to a lot of the other combo's

Isn't that a jackass skit? :)

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You have 22 at brown?

Yes, but, it's not the same as your 22 so, apples and oranges. Our 22 is required for brown.

ours is like this:
incoming right cross
step back with right foot, inward left block, rising forearm under punch
grab attackers right wrist, turning arm over as you pivot CW, guiding attacker past you at 3.
turning to 6, Apply downward forearm to tricep, take attacker face down, straight arm wrist lock

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes, but, it's not the same as your 22 so, apples and oranges. Our 22 is required for brown.

ours is like this:
incoming right cross
step back with right foot, inward left block, rising forearm under punch
grab attackers right wrist, turning arm over as you pivot CW, guiding attacker past you at 3.
turning to 6, Apply downward forearm to tricep, take attacker face down, straight arm wrist lock

Very nice. It is the beginning of my technique Circling Hook and the ending to a cross side club "armbar takedown".

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
anybody doing these video's with an older camera? If so how are you converting? Assuming you're converting....