Any SKK combo's on youtube?

kempo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know why there arn't any videos on youtube performing the SKK Combinations and Kempo punch techniques. I did find Jim Bressards tips on a couple of the combo's but thats it. If you type in for expample Delayed Sword which is a yellow belt defense technique in Ed Parkers American kenpo system, there are a few videos showing that technique. With American Kenpo, most of their techniques are on youtube but their arn't any techniques from the Shaolin Kempo system, anyone know why? It would be nice to see some SKK techniques on youtube to be able to review or use as a reference. Does anyone know of a web that might have them in video form. I have checked out Matt Barnes kempo page which is very good but it is nice to see the techniques in video form.
I thought about getting Master Fred Villari's white to black belt dvd's. Anyone have any experience with these videos. Is it worth the money and what is on the dvd's anyway.

Thanks
Chris

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Chris, if you use the keyword "KenpoJoe" on youtube, I believe there are a few SKK combo clips that Rebelo Sensei posted, on both application and history. Take a look, I might be wrong, but I think there are one or two... Good luck.

OP
K

kempo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Chris, if you use the keyword "KenpoJoe" on youtube, I believe there are a few SKK combo clips that Rebelo Sensei posted, on both application and history. Take a look, I might be wrong, but I think there are one or two... Good luck.

I will check it out. Thanks

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does anyone know why there arn't any videos on youtube performing the SKK Combinations and Kempo punch techniques. I did find Jim Bressards tips on a couple of the combo's but thats it. If you type in for expample Delayed Sword which is a yellow belt defense technique in Ed Parkers American kenpo system, there are a few videos showing that technique. With American Kenpo, most of their techniques are on youtube but their arn't any techniques from the Shaolin Kempo system, anyone know why? It would be nice to see some SKK techniques on youtube to be able to review or use as a reference. Does anyone know of a web that might have them in video form. I have checked out Matt Barnes kempo page which is very good but it is nice to see the techniques in video form.
I thought about getting Master Fred Villari's white to black belt dvd's. Anyone have any experience with these videos. Is it worth the money and what is on the dvd's anyway.

Thanks
Chris
check out Master Brassards site. He usually has a couple of videos on it too. There is also so cool videos of him from the seminars he does here in Kentucky

B

OP
K

kempo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
check out Master Brassards site. He usually has a couple of videos on it too. There is also so cool videos of him from the seminars he does here in Kentucky

B

Thanks B, I have checked out Master Brassards site and have seen him on youtube, very impressive, quick hands to.

Chris

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Pick combo #'s 1-50... only 3 of them, and I will record and post over thanksgiving. Myself and some of my students were joking about this and I told them i would post a few on youtube.
I should do them before I eat on thurs. so i do not have to much of my Kempo gut showing.

Last edited:

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not as high in rank as Mr. Dwire, but I can do the same ... if the price is right ... LOL ... and if I can get one of the guys to be the dummy for a video.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Why don't we pick one that we all do and record our own takes on it. I propose #3 since it has signifcant variation yet is substantially the same across multiple branches of SKK.

What do you think?

OP
K

kempo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I could've done that prior to joining this board, now #6 just confuses me.
Well not to confuse you more, but I have #6 combination C variation. So that makes 3 variation for #6 combination. #6-A is with no block, just the front ball kick and cross and cover. #6-B combination involves the block fallowed by the kick and cross and cover. And #6-C is with the block, grabbing the wrist, front ball kick and a wrist lock minipulation fallowed by a take down..Does anyone have #6-C combination...lol

Chris

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well not to confuse you more, but I have #6 combination C variation. So that makes 3 variation for #6 combination. #6-A is with no block, just the front ball kick and cross and cover. #6-B combination involves the block fallowed by the kick and cross and cover. And #6-C is with the block, grabbing the wrist, front ball kick and a wrist lock minipulation fallowed by a take down..Does anyone have #6-C combination...lol

Chris

Your A B C and more. We were just messin' around from this discussion that has taken place many times on this board, in the past.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt - Marlon -- I swear if you two start going into the underlying methods of 6 i am going to scream. "ahh but you see if i hit them in dim mak spot sp 21 at 11am we will ........."""" ahahaha

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Why don't we pick one that we all do and record our own takes on it. I propose #3 since it has signifcant variation yet is substantially the same across multiple branches of SKK.

What do you think?

Agreed.

marlon

but then what of #6! :)

Latest Discussions