Another Video View Of The Now Infamous Ki Master vs. MMA Fighter in Japan!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What I always find amazing is these Ki masters believe their hype and still willing to go against a real fighter.
I think it's more of internal pressure. They know that eventually their students will question the effectiveness of their master. So, they have to make some demonstration of their power outside their dojo.
Question is what explanation does the Ki master make to his students about his loss? How would he explain the reasons that it worked on THEM but not on the MMA fighter?

I had to giggle when the MMA held his hands up to the Ki Master (is his name Vinz Clortho?) after hitting him the first time... the words rose unbidden to my mind... "Don't Ki me bro!" :lol:

THERE IS NO MAGIC IN MARTIAL ARTS .....except for tricks......hands can be faster than the eyes....any one can be fool too......

Aloha, Believe it or NOT?
I've been from one end of this country to the other and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had to giggle when the MMA held his hands up to the Ki Master (is his name Vinz Clortho?) after hitting him the first time... the words rose unbidden to my mind... "Don't Ki me bro!" :lol:

I dont care who you are, that right there was funny........

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Next time, just in case...he should bring along his car battery and jumper cables....then he can really project his Chi/Ki.........

By hooking up the other end to the MMA fighther's nipples
:p

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid ...

Also, my signatures getting abit full or there's no doubt that "Don't ki me bro" would be in there like Flynn :lol:.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MMM ... Energy exists for me ... but it's not a substitute for good blocking and good technique. ;)

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw this a year or so ago...I wonder how many of "the master's" ( :rolleyes: ) students quit so they could find someone that could actually teach them how to fight...he's just lucky he didn't end up in there with a good MMA fighter.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I watch this & just feel sad. This guy has convinced his students that he can do something he obviously cannot. Maybe he even believed his own bs. Everyone who has actually been punched in the face before could see it was garbage. I hope watching this made the same impression on his students. Hopefully, they move on. The really sad part is that it had to come to this. A skilled fighter beating up an old man. Just sad.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How DARE you two quote the master (Han Solo) and not give him credit for the quotes???

My apologies, allen; it's a quote so famous and so aposite to the point that I did not think that attribution would be necessary.

Of course, Han was mistaken in the end but that didn't make his 'cool' any the less ... it's just that Luke was a good margin cooler :p.

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if the word guard means anything to the ki master, i wish these people would just disappear.
Traditional martial arts has got a bad enough name already with out these tossers making it worse.

Out of curiosity who is giving traditional Martial Arts a bad name? What styles? Just curious where you get this from.

I do agree that this " Ki Master" is a big sham. I jsut can't understand how he has these students duped. This guy is a danger to all of these students! making them believe that they can defend themselves with this crap. The moment one of his idiot students gets killed he will be shut down for good.

allenjp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think I heard this guy say, "Don't mess with me man, I'll Ki your a**!"

Seriously though, I noticed something with this video that is the same with the last one: when the fighter punches him, he kinda stands there bewildered, looking at the fighter like, "How could you do that to me?" Just a thought but, maybe someone told him the fights were supposed to be fixed...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Seriously though, I noticed something with this video that is the same with the last one: when the fighter punches him, he kinda stands there bewildered, looking at the fighter like, "How could you do that to me?" Just a thought but, maybe someone told him the fights were supposed to be fixed...

Or maybe just maybe after years and years of training his students to fall down he ACTUALLY believed he had this power and when faced with reality he was literally shocked. I have seen videos of this guy and watch the people fall and do the "Ki marionette dance of silliness" and I really tend to believe he got so hung up in this he actually began to believe he actually could do this stuff and a punch in a face was quite a wake up call

Also there was money riding on this, I forget the amount but he put out a challenge and said he would pay X amount of dollars to anyone that could match his bet and beat his Ki

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
hmm did not play for me .. perhaps my Linux OS is to blame.. or the sight.. dont know.. so can not say.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have a search for it directly on YouTube, Chinto. Sometimes the embedded video's are a bit fussy about whether they will play or not (often dependant on security settings) but the 'source' may well be okay.

Latest Discussions