another pet poll, what do you own?

Which types of pets do you have? Multiple Choice!

• Dogs

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Cats

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Horses, Donkey, Burrow, Emu, etc

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Rats, Mice, Gerbil, etc

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Snake, Reptiles, etc

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Parrot, Parakeet, etc

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Fish, Turtle, etc

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
The cat vs dog poll was pretty cool, but thought I'd expand it to see what everyone owns! Poll it multiple choice!

Personally I have just two cats, but back at my parents we have always had quite a diverse collection... horse, burrow, chickens from time to time, lots of cats/dogs... etc

how about yourself?

I (meaning everyone in my household BUT me) have a Hampster, a Gecko, 2 fish, 1 Beta, 1 carp, I mean Gold Fish and a crawfish. Yes, they all have names....:)

Snake Flying squells, rat, hamster, beta fish, dog cats childern and the wife!!!
Terry

Two dogs and two cats.

132756199_b3b151bf41.jpg

132755423_ed8434b9c6.jpg

132755349_a221d44c3e.jpg

fightingfat[B said:
]I have 'a' dog, but four kids, do they count?[/B]

Those go under reptiles, don't they? ;)

Two dogs and a fish.

I have a dog. He is like a child (spoiled brat, thanks to my better half). Does that count for having a child?

Seriously, he's a good dog for the most part. He's a shepard mix, very smart, and listens well (except for when, what I call, his "deaf days" or "puppy days" LOL). He does throw a tantrum like a kid, though. He'll "pout" and follow you around, get under your feet till he gets his way or gets what he wants.

One of my favorite pictures of the burrow... such a ham :)

Attachments

• $Rosebud.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 160
I have two beautiful blue-point Siamese cats - a mother and son pair. :) There are pics of them posted in other threads and in the Photo Gallery.

I've also had a couple Betta fish (not at the same time; they would kill each other - lol), but I haven't had one for over two years. My last one died because my former roommate forgot to feed it (I was away for a couple weeks). I'm thinking about getting another one, since I still have a small tank and a TON of fish food...

Swordlady said:
My last one died because my former roommate forgot to feed it (I was away for a couple weeks). I'm thinking about getting another one, since I still have a small tank and a TON of fish food...
Oh sure. The 'ol blame it on the roomate excuse. Likely story. Keep never feeding them. You'll have a TON left over next time too. :moon:

:lol:

cats and a squirlle at htis time and yes they get along most of the time. The cats fight like mad but ignor the squirle for the most part unless h jumps on their back or takes a bit out of their tail

I have a dog... it's hard to believe the fuzzy little puppy I brought home turned into the large dog I have now (from 5 1/2 pounds then to 84 now).

Attachments

• $Sable 03.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 143
  • $Sable and Sheba 33 modified.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 138
My family used to own dogs.
I used to own a gorgeous totally black long-haired cat.
Also used to have snakes; including a Ball Python, a Gopher Snake, and a very rare Ringless Ring-necked Snake.

I've had hamsters and rats as pets and once took care of a friend's monitor lizard for a while. Kinda cool to dangle a rat by the tail over the cage and have it snatched out of my fingers and hear a crunching sound as dinner was being served. Was this cruel? Not really... since it was the ONLY way the lizard would eat... drop the rat in to the cage and the lizard would totally ignore it.

I would LOVE to have a (de-scented) striped skunk as a pet someday... Knew a lady that had a striped skunk and a spotted skunk... they were soooo CUTE! Their fur is incredible. She said they're awfully curious, particularly around strangers... she mentioned that they scared off a would-be burglar once. :uhyeah:

I have one jack russell terrier. I would like to have a cat too but my dog would kill it. :(

One yellow lab, Marley and a tabby cat, JD.

Me, my wife and Marley at the this past weekends FIDELCO walk to raise money for guide dogs. And then Marley after a hard days work! :)

Attachments

• $marley_small.jpg
    $marley_small.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 135
  • $marley_bed.jpg
    $marley_bed.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 134
3 dogs (Rhodesian Ridge mix (missing the ridge), Burmese Mt dog mix, and a collie/ ? mix.

7 cats - 5 barn and 2 indoor.

2 horses - these are my wife's passion that I get to feed occasionally but she does the rest.

I have one Russian Blue Cat. She is gonna be 4 years old in...october I think. Either way she is the cutest.

Attachments

• $Penny.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 123

Latest Discussions

Back