Anniversary Thanks

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
On Saturday night we held our 10 Year Anniversary party to celebrate 10 years of the Rayners Lane Taekwon-do Academy. It was a great night, we had a special DVD play of 10 years of the club, a "fun" Oscars awards, great food and music by none other than Mr Snow.

During the evening some of my students did a surprise presentation to me: A new black belt embroidered with one of my favorite sayings (Ghandis one: You have to be the change you want to see in the world), a camo belt (as a joke), a plaque and an Anniversary book, with pictures & photos of the last 10 years at the Academy, however, what made this book extra special were all the messages inside.. many from students and friends, but others from martial artists and TKD students/instructors from around the world, many of which are on this very site. It even had a message from Master Willie Lim! All of the messages were wonderful and a complete surprise, some were quite touching and I just want to say thanks to everyone who sent something for the book as I was very touched by it... I was (almost) lost for words.

Thank you everyone. I'll get around to thanking you personally when Im fully recovered.

Regards,

Stuart

Ps. If you want to have a looksee at the video we played.. pop along to here: http://www.motionbox.com/videos/7a9cdabe1215e3caf5

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Sounds like you've got a great bunch of students.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Muchas felicidades StuartA, me da mucho gusto por ti y tu escuela.

Congratulations StuartA, I'm very glad for you and your dojo/dojang.

Manny

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice video. Good to look back to see where you started. Like looking back and seeing you have traveled further than you thought.

OP
S

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi folks,

The Anniversary book, presented to me by the students has been put online.
So much effort and hardwork went into the making of it, I thought it would be a shame that only I get to view it, so along with photos from the event & the video, it can all be viewed from the Academy web site (www.raynerslanetkd.com).

Thanks again for all the great messages inside it.

Regards,

Stuart

Latest Discussions