What TV shows did you grow up watching?

A

Abbax8

Originally posted by Ender
Anyone remeber the "Thunderbirds"?

Yes. Do you remember Fireball XL-5? It was another marionette show with rockets.

Peace
Dennis

J

jdmills

Anyone remember "8 Man"?

I also remember Captain Noah out of Philadelphia.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbax8
Yes. Do you remember Fireball XL-5? It was another marionette show with rockets.

Peace
Dennis
Yep. So was Supercar.

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

A

Abbax8

Originally posted by jdmills
Anyone remember "8 Man"?

I also remember Captain Noah out of Philadelphia.

I believe it was 8Th. Man, and yes I remember Captain Noah, grew up outside of Philly. How about Sally Starr and Chief Halftown?

Peace
Dennis

J

jdmills

Chief halftown-yes. Sally Starr I think was before my time. Yes, it was 8th man. I thought that was so cool.

TargetAlex

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Anyone remember 'Battle of the Planets'?

How about 'Battlestar Galactica'?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TargetAlex
Anyone remember 'Battle of the Planets'?

How about 'Battlestar Galactica'?

I think "Battle of the Planets" was sometimes called "G Force", one of my personal favorites.

How about "Buck Rogers"? I used to love that little robot he had. What was its name; Twiggie?

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this old thread because I'm bored and it'll give all the newer people a chance to post. :)

Robyn :asian:

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
the A team
Knightrider
Street hawk
The full guy
Airwolf
Tales of the unexpected
Monkey! (monkey magic)
Transformers
Mask
He-man
Ninja turtles
Grange hill

I will be adding to this list!

T

TheBattousai

Captain N was another good one not on the list yet (atleast for gamers).
I wish it would come out on dvd already. I'm glad they are re-running Gigantor on adult swim, that was a good one too. Does anyone remember that show on the old nick at night that Adam West hosted and showed classic or forgotten cartoons, that was fun too.

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is sad I remember most of the shows that have been posted so far. I was going to say – The Fall Guy. The A-Team, Small wonder, Hmm shows from way back, Sledge Hammer, Go Bots, Bozo the clown (The Bozo show) Charles in Charge, Laugh In, One Day at a Time, The Price is Right, Green Acres, Donny and Marie show,

Shows I grew up with, Captain Kangaroo, I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, Casper, Bewitched, Carol Burnett, I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, He Man, Transformers, A-Team, Fall Guy, way to many to list.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Randy Strausbaugh said:
Sky King, Ripcord, The Real McCoys, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, T.H.E. Cat, Get Smart, Superman (George Reeves), Star Trek, Lost in Space, Captain Nice, My Living Doll, Gilligan's Island, Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, The Pruitts of South Hampton, The Secret Life of Henry Fyffe, The Avengers, No Time For Sargeants, The Green Hornet, Stony Burke, Hawaii 5-0, Nanny and the Professor, The Ugliest Girl in Town, My Mother the Car, Laugh-In, Bewitched, Love-American Style, Gomer Pyle USMC, Hogan's Heroes, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Secret Agent, Space Ghost, The Brady Bunch, Family Affair, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, My Favorite Martian, Death Valley Days, Hawaiian Eye, Honey West, The Wild Wild West, Here Come the Brides,...

I guess I watched a lot of TV. Truth to tell, I could probably come up with more, if I put my mind to it. Like Combat, The Rat Patrol, Supercar,...

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

Johnny Socko and His Flying Robot
Astro-Boy
Ultra Man
8th Man

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Three shows you couldn't drag me away from as I grew up...

Speed Racer
All In The Family
M*A*S*H

...more to come if the topic survives it's resurrection.

Frank

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shows I grew up with (remember mostly reruns too- some I was too young, or not "around" if you know what I mean...):

3's Company/ ... A Crowd
A-Team
Magnum PI
Simon and Simon
MASH
Different Strokes
Facts of life
Webster
Punky Brewster
Charles in Charge
TMNT (turtles)
Head of the Class
Snorks
Smurfs :( -not a fan of

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Three's Company.
A-Team.
Magnum PI.
M*A*S*H.
Different Strokes.
Facts of life.
Webster.
Charles in Charge.
Head of the Class.
Wonder Years.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I used to make fun of the lady from Romper Room! I didn't care too much for Mr. Wizzard. I liked Bill Nye, You Can't Do That On Television (it was great when they got slimed). How about Growing Pains?

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
ohh my I used to watch mr wizard but it was on so early! I used to love murder she wrote, Mash and a bunch more that would take to much time to name

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What about “The Lone Ranger” and Wylie Coyote and the Road runner and ole fog horn leg horn. Anyone remember the TV series that came out called V—(victory). The lizard people came to strip earth of water and use us as food. And no one has listed What’s Happing, Riptide, Happy Days, Lavern and Shirley, GI Joe, and Blue Thunder; my kids love the Olsen twins and That’s so Raven.

Latest Discussions