What TV shows did you grow up watching?

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What shows/cartoons that you grew up watching, were your favorite?

I didn't get to watch a lot of TV when I was little but throughout my life, I remember my favorite shows. I remember sitting in a highchair watching Sesame Street and She-ra. A year or two later was Care Bears, Smurfs, My Little Pony, followed by Ducktales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tale Spin, & the X-Men cartoons . My family was also a big fan of the Batman-the animated series cartoons. My sister eventually got me watching Saved By the Bell when I was a young teenager and I watched that religiously for several years. Then it was Lois & Clark-the new adventures of Superman and Fresh Prince of Bellair (sp?). Now, for the last few years, I've been back on the cartoons with the Japanese Animes on Cartoon Network. :) :D ;)

Robyn :asian: :wavey: :asian:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Opal Dragon

I didn't get to watch a lot of TV when I was little but throughout my life, I remember my favorite shows. I remember sitting in a highchair watching Sesame Street and She-ra. A year or two later was Care Bears, Smurfs, My Little Pony, followed by Ducktales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tale Spin, & the X-Men cartoons . My family was also a big fan of the Batman-the animated series cartoons. My sister eventually got me watching Saved By the Bell when I was a young teenager and I watched that religiously for several years. Then it was Lois & Clark-the new adventures of Superman and Fresh Prince of Bellair (sp?). Now, for the last few years, I've been back on the cartoons with the Japanese Animes on Cartoon Network. :) :D ;)

Robyn :asian: :wavey: :asian:

Ok.. I know I'm old now...........

MIghty Mouse
Captain Kangaroo
Daktari
It's about Time
the Original I Dream of Jeannie
Gilligan's Island
Casper
Bewitched
Petticoat Junction
Wild Wild West
Rawhide
Lassie
Carol Burnett
I Love Lucy
Dick Van Dyke
Ed Sullivan
The Munsters
My Three Sons
The FLinstones
The Jetsons
The Flying Nun
Get Smart
Leave it to Beaver
Dennis the Menace

course the shows were in Black and white :)
you could turn the telly on... go get your breakfast and come back in time for it to warm up :)
the network would go off the air at 11pm at the latest.... with the National Anthem.

*think I'll go take some geritol and a nap now :)

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
HA! That's not old really. I forgot that I also was in I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke for a number of years---still am. Great shows!:) I also forgot that I watched Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when I was a kid too.

Robyn :asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Opal Dragon

I didn't get to watch a lot of TV when I was little but throughout my life, I remember my favorite shows. I remember sitting in a highchair watching Sesame Street and She-ra. A year or two later was Care Bears, Smurfs, My Little Pony, followed by Ducktales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tale Spin, & the X-Men cartoons . My family was also a big fan of the Batman-the animated series cartoons. My sister eventually got me watching Saved By the Bell when I was a young teenager and I watched that religiously for several years. Then it was Lois & Clark-the new adventures of Superman and Fresh Prince of Bellair (sp?). Now, for the last few years, I've been back on the cartoons with the Japanese Animes on Cartoon Network.

Robyn

I remember these. I was young then. :D

Originally posted by KenpoTess
Ok.. I know I'm old now...........

MIghty Mouse
Captain Kangaroo
Daktari
It's about Time
the Original I Dream of Jeannie
Gilligan's Island
Casper
Bewitched
Petticoat Junction
Wild Wild West
Rawhide
Lassie
Carol Burnett
I Love Lucy
Dick Van Dyke
Ed Sullivan
The Munsters
My Three Sons
The FLinstones
The Jetsons
The Flying Nun
Get Smart
Leave it to Beaver
Dennis the Menace

course the shows were in Black and white
you could turn the telly on... go get your breakfast and come back in time for it to warm up
the network would go off the air at 11pm at the latest.... with the National Anthem.

*think I'll go take some geritol and a nap now

I also remember these. I was Younger then.

I also remember the following:

The After School Specials
The Abott & Costello Movies
The Martin and Lewis Movies
The Beach Movies
The Godzilla Movies
The Planet of the Apes Movies
and many more :)

We had a Black & White TV even after many, if not all, of the channels switch to broadcasting in color. Except the Re-runs.

I guess I am old now. Tess where did you put that tube of ??? , oh come on I just knew the name of it. The Tube of ???, Dangit you just said it. You know what I am talking about right? :confused: :mad:

:asian:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sky King, Ripcord, The Real McCoys, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, T.H.E. Cat, Get Smart, Superman (George Reeves), Star Trek, Lost in Space, Captain Nice, My Living Doll, Gilligan's Island, Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, The Pruitts of South Hampton, The Secret Life of Henry Fyffe, The Avengers, No Time For Sargeants, The Green Hornet, Stony Burke, Hawaii 5-0, Nanny and the Professor, The Ugliest Girl in Town, My Mother the Car, Laugh-In, Bewitched, Love-American Style, Gomer Pyle USMC, Hogan's Heroes, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Secret Agent, Space Ghost, The Brady Bunch, Family Affair, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, My Favorite Martian, Death Valley Days, Hawaiian Eye, Honey West, The Wild Wild West, Here Come the Brides,...

I guess I watched a lot of TV. Truth to tell, I could probably come up with more, if I put my mind to it. Like Combat, The Rat Patrol, Supercar,...

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
I remember these. I was young then. :D

I also remember these. I was Younger then.

I also remember the following:

The After School Specials
The Abott & Costello Movies
The Martin and Lewis Movies
The Beach Movies
The Godzilla Movies
The Planet of the Apes Movies
and many more :)

We had a Black & White TV even after many, if not all, of the channels switch to broadcasting in color. Except the Re-runs.

I guess I am old now. Tess where did you put that tube of ??? , oh come on I just knew the name of it. The Tube of ???, Dangit you just said it. You know what I am talking about right? :confused: :mad:

:asian:

hahahaa.. thanks Rich~!!! :D

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Randy Strausbaugh
Sky King, Ripcord, The Real McCoys, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, T.H.E. Cat, Get Smart, Superman (George Reeves), Star Trek, Lost in Space, Captain Nice, My Living Doll, Gilligan's Island, Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, The Pruitts of South Hampton, The Secret Life of Henry Fyffe, The Avengers, No Time For Sargeants, The Green Hornet, Stony Burke, Hawaii 5-0, Nanny and the Professor, The Ugliest Girl in Town, My Mother the Car, Laugh-In, Bewitched, Love-American Style, Gomer Pyle USMC, Hogan's Heroes, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Secret Agent, Space Ghost, The Brady Bunch, Family Affair, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, My Favorite Martian, Death Valley Days, Hawaiian Eye, Honey West, The Wild Wild West, Here Come the Brides,...

I guess I watched a lot of TV. Truth to tell, I could probably come up with more, if I put my mind to it. Like Combat, The Rat Patrol, Supercar,...

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

Oh I'm there.. hahaa.. I remember those Now~!!

hey when we weren't outside playing.. or inside playing.. there was only TV ~!!

no video games, or puters.. just our trusty record players, and transistor radios ~!

X

XxSweetFacadexX

shows i watched while i was growing up! i talk about these with my friends often... hasn't anyone noticed the sudden surge of 80's cartoon toys since like last year? anywayz.. my answer to the question would be:

Popples!
rainbow brite (i swear, my friends get a kick out of hearing me say that was my fav)
my little pony
gumby
care bears!
sailor moon (i watched it when i came to the philippines every summer.. before it hit the US)
dragon ball z (same as sailor moon)
saved by the bell
family matters
step by step
doogie howser
the wonder years
star trek next gen
star trek deep space
mission impossible
x-men
tail spin
dark wing duck
tiny toons
looney toons
teenage mutant ninja turtles
chip & dale
that cartoon with the koala bears and the girl (can't remember the name)
a lot of nickalodean and snick
gi joe
captain planet!
garfield
heathcliff
alvin and the chipmunks

oh so many lol.:D

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
XxSweetFacadexX reminded me of a few more that I forgotten. Strawberry Shortcake and Disney's Gummi Bears are two more that aren't on the lists yet. Anyone remember that cartoon David and the Gnomes? I think that was '80's. I love all the '80's shirts and memorbila stuff they've been coming out with lately! It makes me think of my carefree childhood---had less problems then.

X

XxSweetFacadexX

you can call me SFX if that's easier :)

oh wow! david the gnome! that was a good cartoon... somehow in the really later season, it just started to go... bad. david wasn't the main character anymore.

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by XxSweetFacadexX
you can call me SFX if that's easier :)

oh wow! david the gnome! that was a good cartoon... somehow in the really later season, it just started to go... bad. david wasn't the main character anymore.

I remember that. I loved that cartoon but then I lost intrest when they started showing more of the different characters and the stories weren't as intersting. I loved Swift the fox. ;)

X

XxSweetFacadexX

ooh! how about these shows?

the shadow
tombstone territory
have gun will travel

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Never heard of those. I thought The Shadow was just the radio program and that one movie with Alec Baldwin.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sky King
Hopalong Cassidy
Roy Rodgers
HowdyDuddie(sp)
Jakie Gleason
George Burns
Martial Arts theater
The real McCoys
The Ed Sulivan Theater
American Bandstand
SoulTrain

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah, sweet TV... how you were my friend as a child... LOL. I mostly watched Saturday morning Cartoons... Durrin the week I was too busy playing outside for TV. My Favorites were

Saturday Supercade
Gummi Bears
Dungeons and Dragons
Mighty Orbots
Kidd Video

and before school on the weekdays at like 6am I COULD NOT MISS

Speed Racer and Star Blazers

S

sweeper

I guess TV hasn't realy been a big part of my life considering I have no Idea what half of those are and the only way I know another 30% is from comercials for nick at night :p

When I was realy young it was sesame street and mr. rogers. than a show called square one(I tihnk that was the name). than I dropped mr rogers and started watching NBC nightly news, than dropped the other two and added in xmen cartoons and batman the animated series, than added exo-squad, than dropped xmen than exo squad went off the air, than added the x-files, than the simpsons, was a small amount of time I liked the discovery channel, than picked up a few episodes of millenium, loved the show but was hard to remember to watch it. Than batman faded away and discovery got boaring, than the xfiles got bad, than the history channel came out and I have watched that since. Today I watch the history channel, various news shows, futurama, the fammily guy, invader zim, and gary the rat. Sometimes watch fastlane and john doe. But all those are pritty iffy, only garuntee in a given week is the history channel and news.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
go speed racer go speed racer go
one of my all time favs:D

"Oh No!, Speed has entered the turn going too Fast!"
:rofl:

X

XxSweetFacadexX

Originally posted by sweeper
I guess TV hasn't realy been a big part of my life considering I have no Idea what half of those are and the only way I know another 30% is from comercials for nick at night :p

When I was realy young it was sesame street and mr. rogers. than a show called square one(I tihnk that was the name). than I dropped mr rogers and started watching NBC nightly news, than dropped the other two and added in xmen cartoons and batman the animated series, than added exo-squad, than dropped xmen than exo squad went off the air, than added the x-files, than the simpsons, was a small amount of time I liked the discovery channel, than picked up a few episodes of millenium, loved the show but was hard to remember to watch it. Than batman faded away and discovery got boaring, than the xfiles got bad, than the history channel came out and I have watched that since. Today I watch the history channel, various news shows, futurama, the fammily guy, invader zim, and gary the rat. Sometimes watch fastlane and john doe. But all those are pritty iffy, only garuntee in a given week is the history channel and news.

totally forgot about mr. rogers!
and eureka's castle...
and square one...
bill nye the science guy
the elephant show
fresh prince of bel air
hmm.. maybe i watched too much tv. lol.

P

progressivetactics

has everyone forgot about "HONG KONG FOOYEE"? That was my hero.

Who remembers American Gladiators?
M.A.S.H.
Trapper John MD

All time favorite show has to be Married with children!!

Latest Discussions