An open letter to undecided voters

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Id like to weigh in regarding all those "undecided" people but I really haven't made up my mind about them.

--OK, seriously, are any of them really undecided? I doubt it. I'd bet almost all fall into one of four categories: Obama, Romney, Neither, or Don't give a damn. But they have made up their minds.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, at this point, you either know if you are going to vote for obama or aren't going to vote, or if you are going to do the right thing and vote for Romney. If not, you need to pay more attention, your financial well being is stake here.

already took care of that billi, so there's no need to worry. I mailed in my ballot this morning, voted for Obama.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Who to vote for....the one who will do the least damage...and that is HARD to figure out based on whose running...oh hell....looks like another year voting for Bugs Bunny.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly a wax dummy of Reagan sitting in the oval office would do better than either of these guys.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, for those who don't vote early, just remember that Republicans vote on Nov. 6, and democrats vote on Nov.7.:angel:

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you haven't figured out who you support, what you stand for, by this late date, you have failed in your responsibility as an American.

BS. A person has till Nov 6th.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like the republicans have been trying to do all over the place, like in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

They have.

But then again, it appears they aren't the only ones.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...orida-voters-theyre-not-eligible-to-vote?lite

By Michael Isikoff
NBC News
The FBI and U.S. Postal Service inspectors are investigating bogus official-looking letters sent to voters in at least 28 Florida counties questioning their citizenship and their eligibility to vote, NBC News has learned.
David Couvertier, a spokesman for the FBI in Tampa, said his office opened up an investigation into the possible attempt at voter intimidation on Wednesday after receiving reports that eligible voters throughout the state have received the letters.
"We're taking it as a serious situation," he said. "We're looking at everything from civil rights violations to election fraud -- to everything in between."
Chris Cate, a spokesman for the Florida Secretary of State's Office, told NBC News, "We believe these letters appear to meet the standard of voter intimidation." Between 50 and 100 such letters have been reported to state officials so far, "and those are only the ones we know about. We're encouraging people to come forward."
The fake letters, which first started showing up last Friday, have been sent under the names of real Florida county election supervisors -- with some correct contact information -- informing the voters that the supervisors have received "information" about their citizenship status, "bringing into doubt your eligibility as a registered voter."
The letters also say the voter must fill out a Voter Eligibility Form in the next 15 days -- and failure to do so will result "in the removal of your name from the voter registration rolls and you will no longer be eligible to vote."
"A non-registered voter who casts a vote in the state of Florida may be subject to arrest, imprisonment, and/or other criminal sanctions," the letters state.

It's not clear who sent the letters, which were machine postmarked in Seattle. Couvertier said the FBI in Tampa is working with its Seattle office to track down the perpetrator.
Cate said a "significant majority have gone to Republican voters, but not exclusively. We've got Democrats who received the letters, we've got independents. We're telling everybody to be on the lookout."

I definitely agree that the GOP is attempting to discourage voting for anyone but Romney; in Michigan, the GOP sued and got Gary Johnson's name removed from the Michigan state ballot, which I frankly see as nothing but cheap-shot bastardary.

But they're far from the only ones.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Back in 2000, I started to involved with this issue and I said to Right Wingers, as I was a strong lefty at the time, that if we ignore this issue, future elections would be won by who could cheat the most. Now, it's out in the open and both tribes look the other way when their side does it.

Democracy is meaningless in this atmosphere.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
LOOK!!!! I've decided to be undecided does that count :uhyeah:

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone, from either party, who participates in voter fraud OR suppression should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That includes politicians partakign in such activities.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh dear? Of course this is the Daily Mail here so beware of bias in Spades.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-presidential-elections-1980-opts-ROMNEY.html

On the other hand, the last time I checked what Nate Silvers reckons the polls are saying it was 86% likely that you'd end up with an Obama win. Just goes to show that adage about statistics. Vote your conscience and you won't go far wrong I reckon :).

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They have.

But then again, it appears they aren't the only ones.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...orida-voters-theyre-not-eligible-to-vote?lite

I definitely agree that the GOP is attempting to discourage voting for anyone but Romney; in Michigan, the GOP sued and got Gary Johnson's name removed from the Michigan state ballot, which I frankly see as nothing but cheap-shot bastardary.

But they're far from the only ones.

And Don is doing it here on Martialtalk.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's my open letter to the undecided;

If you are undecided because you hate listening to all the crap in a political season so you haven't listened to it or if you have things going on in your life that have taken precedence over researching which canidate you agree with, more power to you. If there are other reasons you are undecided, like you agree on some issues with one canidate and other issues with another canidate, please take your time, research, and vote your heart. I don't care that you are undecided still. I hope that your vote will be informed. I would rather you be undecided up until the morning of Nov 6 and make an informed decision than blindly vote for one canidate or another because he represented the red or blue team. I trust your vote much more than I trust those that have had thier mind made up before they even knew facts about either men or thier positions.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL. So someone who is still weighing their decision has no right to vote,

But all the giant douchebags who decided before the candidates were even announced because of the Huge (R) or (D) after their name are bonified, genuine Real American Heroes!

Nice try.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and yes, I mean that wholeheartedly: If your sole qualification for your Candidate is an R or a D...

I believe you are a giant Douchebag.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL. So someone who is still weighing their decision has no right to vote,

But all the giant douchebags who decided before the candidates were even announced because of the Huge (R) or (D) after their name are bonified, genuine Real American Heroes!

No one should decide just based on that. However, the parties have platforms that contain marked differences. If your stances on abortion rights, marriage equality, and religion in the schools are strong and important to you, then you probably know already which way you'll have to vote to see those positions represented. There are exceptions, but we live in a time when the parties have staked out separate territory.

It didn't used to be that way. Members of both parties supported or opposed the Vietnam War in about equal numbers, but support for or opposition to the Iraq War was very partisan. So yes, sadly, it doesn't surprise me at all that someone has largely decided based on party. It's not at all illogical. It's just unfortunate.