An old man beat me up.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You mean middle aged.

When people want to fight me, I'd prefer they see me as old. Tactical advantage.

Besides, I tell it's a lose-lose for them. They win, so what, they beat up an old man. No glory in that. They lose, and they just got their *** handed to them by said old man. Street cred gone.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When people want to fight me, I'd prefer they see me as old. Tactical advantage.
This is why old men are dangerous, and old men that know how to fight is just a losing battle. I'm not old yet but I'm getting older. I'm in my 40's and I value deception, tactics, and strategy more now than I did when I was in my 20's. Old people can't take the same punishment that young people can so when they come out fighting it's full speed ahead. This is one of my favorite videos. Because you can see how he thinks the old man isn't a threat. Then you can see at the exact moment when he realizes he's in trouble.

Rule #1 Never think a person is too old to punch or defend with speed and fire
Rule #2 If you think a person is too old then learning Rule #1 will bill at your expense
Rule #3 Whatever you have on your side with youth, an older person will match it with skill and deception (they are happy to let you think that they are old, that just pumps them up).
Rule #4 Old people don't play by young people's rules which means Protect yourself at all times lol.

Old people lose some of that consideration in their age. Things like farting around people and saying exactly what's on their mind and not caring how you feel about it is a perk to being old. They may seem harmless when they say they will punch you, but they are dead serious. When they say they are going to punch you then there's a 90% chance that you'll get punch when you least expect it.
Classic line "yeah and I'm going to punch you again" "I don't care what you got on camera" These 2 videos pretty much sum up old people who are still in good enough shape to throw a good punch lol.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just a tired old man...

But if you ever get to see a genuine fight between a younger guy and older guy, it can be kind of funny. Young guys want to do the monkey dance first, bump chests, shout, etc. Old guy doesn't play. If it's on, bam, it's on. No time for posturing. Kick the kd in the wedding tackle and go home.

;)
I like this Bill and I subscribe to it completely. When I was young I could spar for hours and hours. Now, if I can't explain my way out of a situation things need to happy very precise. Expediency is of the utmost importance.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
fightmeifyouwish.jpg
dontmakeoldpeoplemad.jpg

Latest Discussions