American troops deployed to Africa to hunt down blood thirsty Christian mystic

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an article that debunks the "christian" part of the nutjob were sending guys over there to kill...

http://bigpeace.com/bbarrack/2011/10/16/uganda-lra-and-the-christian-lie/

So, just to sum up:

Muslims commit an act of terror, and it's an article of faith, and their religion fosters terrorism.

Guy founds an organization that commits acts of terror, wants to establish a government based on the 10 commandments, and his followers believe that he hears from God regularly and all call themselves, and him, "Christians," and he and his followers are pretty clearly nutjobs, an evil madman, who is "not Christian."

Riii-ght. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of that. Could you tell me when and how?

Well they weren't being bombed, they weren't having Agent Orange dropped on them for a start.

It's easy to assume living under a non communist regime is easier than under a communist one. I think you should have a good read of the history of Vietnam to see the corruption, degradation and suffering many people went through under the South Vietnamese regime. Remember the burning monks?

I'm not saying Vietnam should be communist but it's a matter of relativity, South Vietnam was never a free democratic country and while the people still aren't free, they aren't at war and have a chance to live reasonably well by Vietnamese standards which of course aren't ours. The Vietnamese people have suffered over the centuriescommunism isn't any worst that past regimes, they've never known free elections or free speech, there's always been extreme povety and extreme wealth, there's always been corruption. However like China, another country that has suffered as much under capitalist regimes as communist, it's making steps to join the business world as well as opening the country up more. What we can hope is that Vietnam can evolve into a country similiar to the old Soviet satellites in Europe rather than go back to the old military juntas as they have in Thailand ( a very undemocratic country for all that it pays lip service to democracy).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguy%E1%BB%85n_V%C4%83n_Thi%E1%BB%87u

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
RUSH LIMBAUGH said:
Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. ... So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda, and -- (interruption) no, I'm not kidding. Jacob Tapper just reported it. ...
Lord's Resistance Army objectives. I have them here. "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people." Now, again Lord's Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord's Resistance Army, what they're trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty, and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the LRA ideology." Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting, or who are being fought and we are joining in the effort to remove them from the battlefield.

This is so utterly.......craptastic! :lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
post the whole thing, and in context jeff

Oh, yeah-'cause that makes it so much better. :rolleyes: :lfao:

the bloated said:
Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.-after the commercial break :lfao:

(I posted the link, John-I didn't hide anything....:lfao: )

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mind you, i dont care if they claim to be christian, i dont care if they claim to be buddist, if, IF they are bad, ok, they are bad, why it is our problem i dont know....

aedrasteia

Purple Belt
Reaction score
from Rush Limbaugh, posted by elder 999

"Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.-after the commercial break"

no words can adequately express my response to RL. "just found out about this today?"
i am sickened

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

if you can bear it, Google Lord's Resistance Army atrocities - images. please be careful with that -
the pictures will be seared into your consciousness as they are into the bodies of the victims.

i suppose the only act that would convince him would be for that burned person in pale blue
on the second row of photos to stand before him and ask him to see and touch the scars.

maybe not even that. I really don't know. I just have no words.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some people are just evil bastards, regardless of what religion they claim to follow. Using thier "religion" as a measuring stick on if they are "good" or "evil" is just plain ignorant. Using the logic of supporting Christians over Muslims, we would have supported the war crimes in Kosovo. Using a person's religious claims and self serving mission statements without knowing the facts, just to attack a politician you don't support is plain assinine. Maybe Rush should get the facts then make a commentary.

People around the world do not like the US because over and over again our policy has been to support evil men if it seems to suit our purposes, but then we claim rightiousness as the reason to further our goals at other times. We condemn other countries and leaders for actions that we don't seem to have a problem performing ourselves. It comes off as very hypocritical. Sometimes our own best interest include actions that are distasteful. That is part of the real world. However, it is my opinion that too many times in the past we have acted in a manner to promote short sighted goals while ignoring how that effects our reputation, then want to whine about how people don't like the US and take negative actions against us. As many of our conservative friends like to say, people need to face the repurcussions of our actions. Countries and leaders of men should do that as well.

I am not crazy about the US going into other countries, even if there are legitimate humanitarian reasons. However, if we have to go, I am glad that Obama is taking the measured response route instead of the full invasion route we have seen before. It is cheaper, cost less American lives, and has less negative repurcussions for our country on a whole. I think if Obama was Republican instead of Democrat these actions would be hailed as the work of a strong, smart, leader taking care of both American and humanitarian goals. He's not Republican though, so any action he takes is going to set the hounds to baying.

Latest Discussions