American troops deployed to Africa to hunt down blood thirsty Christian mystic

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
The US confuses me.

One minute, its "PEACE 2 EVERYONE RECALL THE TROOPS".
Then "TO LIBYA!"
Then "Remember that Al Queda thing?"
Then "EVERYTHING IS OCCUPYING ALL OUR TIME GLOBAL NEWS!!!"
Then "Everything is calming down."
Then "TO AFRICA!"

And so forth.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The first of the troops arrived in Uganda on Wednesday, the White House said, and others will be sent to South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Obama administration said the troops – special forces believed to number about 100 – will advise, rather than engage in combat, unless forced to defend themselves.

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but... didn't we do the same thing in Vietnam at the beginning?

Reports coming back from these special forces will reveal that more weapons are needed, ah ok, more arms sale... oops need a few more troops because other factions want in on it... ok more troops... more arms... more troops... escalation.

Things in Africa are pretty bad in a lot of sectors. Warlords vying for power over their respective regions and doing whatever it takes to get it. Millions suffer and die and many from horrible deaths as soldiers for the warlords are given free reign to do ... whatever their imagination comes up with. Rapes by the thousands, families torn apart, homes and villages destroyed and wiped out.

To me... echos of Vietnam.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vietnam wasn't about warlords etc etc. It was about America not wanting it to be communist. The corruption was actually in the government that America wanted to keep in power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngo_Dinh_Diem

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is just the war monger Obama trying to expand his imperialist footprint across the world.:bangahead:

I suppose then it's amusing to you that this Christian warlord who kidnaps children for his army making them into soldiers and sex slaves,rapes, murders, tortures and destroys the lives of many thousands of people. It seems like you find such things only fit for sarcasm. Whether Obama should have sent troops on their own or sent them as part of a UN force can be debated but the fact remains that hunting down a war criminal isn't exactly expanding an imperialist footprint anywhere.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I suppose then it's amusing to you that this Christian warlord who kidnaps children for his army making them into soldiers and sex slaves,rapes, murders, tortures and destroys the lives of many thousands of people. It seems like you find such things only fit for sarcasm. Whether Obama should have sent troops on their own or sent them as part of a UN force can be debated but the fact remains that hunting down a war criminal isn't exactly expanding an imperialist footprint anywhere.

Im specifically interested to see how they handle this. I think Open Conflict would do more harm than good - But Creative use of Special Forces could swiftly resolve this.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im specifically interested to see how they handle this. I think Open Conflict would do more harm than good - But Creative use of Special Forces could swiftly resolve this.

As am I. There's no doubt this guy and his 'troops' are monsters but handling the disposal of them will prove interesting.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the last couple of years all we have heard from some around the world is that the U.S. keeps throwing its weight around and involving itself in the affairs of other countries, now, they want us to commit troops in of all places Uganda. Why can't the African nations go in there and sort this guy out? How about the Saudis? We will send in our guys, they will get the job done, and then everyone will complain that we got the job done, that we are meddling too much in Uganda, that we need to leave. The hand wringers over American policy need to really make up their minds about U.S. involvement. I'm all for killing bad guys, but Obama made his name trashing our fight in both Iraq and Afghanistan, real threats to the U.S. and our allies, and now involves us in every country with problems. Make up your minds guys.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For the last couple of years all we have heard from some around the world is that the U.S. keeps throwing its weight around and involving itself in the affairs of other countries, now, they want us to commit troops in of all places Uganda. Why can't the African nations go in there and sort this guy out? How about the Saudis? We will send in our guys, they will get the job done, and then everyone will complain that we got the job done, that we are meddling too much in Uganda, that we need to leave. The hand wringers over American policy need to really make up their minds about U.S. involvement. I'm all for killing bad guys, but Obama made his name trashing our fight in both Iraq and Afghanistan, real threats to the U.S. and our allies, and now involves us in every country with problems. Make up your minds guys.

China is getting involved in Africa in a major way, and Islamists are expanding their power bases there as well. We have strategic interests in the area. Africa has huge national reserves of a variety of minerals and so on that we need; China is actively trying to corner the market on those things. If we ignore Africa, we cut our own throats. Same thing to a lesser extent in South America.

http://www.africom.mil/AboutAFRICOM.asp

It's not about Obama, nor was it about Bush. It's not about communism or colonialism. It's about putting the stopper on both African Islamist activity and keeping China in a box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Africa_Command

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involvement_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China_in_Africa

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...-in-africa-implications-for-the-united-states

http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/into-africa-chinas-grab-for-influence-and-oil

We ignore Africa at our own peril. It will end up with the USA being isolated and cut off.

I hate the fact that quite often the conservatives see the problem, but the ultra-right continues to focus on the wrong problems. It's not about Islam, but it is about Islamists. The Islamists are growing in strength in Africa, so that needs to be our focus. No, say the ultra-right, Africa is none of our business. Focus on the average everyday Muslim, they're the problem. Uh, no.

Why does the ultra-right want to ignore Africa, leaving the conservative right and the liberals, of all people, to understand the nature of the threat we face?

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, it was much better for the Vietnamese people to have the mass murdering communists in charge. That worked out well.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So... who is 'they'? No one in the UK or Europe has said 'Oh America, you must go into Africa', this is up to your lot. If you don't want to wait to be part of a UN effort and choose to go it alone that's up to you. Don't blame the rest of us.

Funnily enough the Vietnamese weren't any worst off and in fact many were actually better off under the communists, just shows how bad the 'capitalists' were!

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, my Parish priest and his family would disagree about the warm and fuzzy communists. I am more than ready to do what is necessary to protect the U.S. Bill Mattocks. If it means dealing with Africa, then let's deal with it. The Chinese are on the move and spending lots of money on their military. The radical muslim terrorists are in Africa and they still hate america. I just get tired of hearing people complain about the size of the U.S. military, and the various actions we have had to take to deal with the long term threats to our country.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my Parish priest and his family would disagree about the warm and fuzzy communists. I am more than ready to do what is necessary to protect the U.S. Bill Mattocks. If it means dealing with Africa, then let's deal with it. The Chinese are on the move and spending lots of money on their military. The radical muslim terrorists are in Africa and they still hate america. I just get tired of hearing people complain about the size of the U.S. military, and the various actions we have had to take to deal with the long term threats to our country.

BillC everything is black and white with you, there's no good communist, no bad right winger, if only life were that simple and if only you understood what people write. No one has mentioned warm and fuzzy communists, I said that often the Vietnamese were better off under the communist regime than they were the previous capitalist regime. As I said that proves how bad the previous regime was if you are better off under the communists.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is an article that debunks the "christian" part of the nutjob were sending guys over there to kill...

http://bigpeace.com/bbarrack/2011/10/16/uganda-lra-and-the-christian-lie/

In 2007, I had the opportuntiy to interview Childers on my radio show. The subject of Kony came up multiple times. Here is a portion of what Childers told me:
“Our area is almost all Christian people and the LRA is financed by the Arabs of the north… so the Arabs are the Muslims so it’s basically a holy war inside of our area. This man (Kony) is just out to kill every Christian he can kill in south Sudan and also in Northern Uganda… He’s being financed… it’s been proved for many, many years that the Arabs of the northern Sudan ok, which is Muslims, they have been financing this man for many, many years.”
Kony is a very, very bad guy who needs to go. That point is granted. What cannot and should not be allowed to happen is the politization of his motives to push a narrative that says he is a Christian. The truth is that he is an insane madman whose evil is sanctioned by northern Sudan’s Arab Muslims. Childers went on to explain that Kony claims to have added an eleventh Commandment to the Judeo-Christian ten. It says, “Thou shalt not ride a bicycle.” Childers also said Kony reportedly had “160 some spirits that speak to him.” These are NOT Christian tenets, nor is killing children. Islamists, however, do believe in killing non-Muslim children; Kony does that for them while being paid to do so.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...you might want to check out what has been going on in Sudan these many years.

Really? do you always assume people are ignorant as to what going on in the world? Again however you miss the point.

Latest Discussions