America could be ‘taken over,’ warns Ross Perot

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
America could be ‘taken over,’ warns Ross Perot

Former presidential contender and billionaire Ross Perot is worried that America is a sitting duck for an unnamed foreign invader. In an interview for his new autobiography, Perot said the nation's weak economy has left us open for a hostile takeover—and neither presidential candidate is the man to save the country.

Citing an impending fiscal cliff, Perot warned of disaster. "If we are that weak, just think of who wants to come here first and take us over," the former CEO of info-tech company Perot Systems told USA Today on Monday.

"The last thing I ever want to see is our country taken over because we're so financially weak, we can't do anything," Perot says.

When asked for his take on the presidential race, Perot added, "Nobody that's running really talks about it, about what we have to do and why we have to do it. They would prefer not to have it discussed."

However cryptic he may be, this is the first political reckoning by Perot in years, ever since he withdrew from the political landscape after the fall of his Reform Party in the 2000 election. The man who ran the most successful third-party campaigns in contemporary American politics also expressed optimism about the current tea party activism and its efforts to "wake up" both Washington and the electorate.

Still, he thinks that even the fresh voices in the populist, small-government tea party movement aren't focusing on the real doomsday issue: the deficit. Comparing the Washington establishment to a bunch of fiscal drunks, Perot is still waiting for America to undergo an intervention, before it finds itself owned by a new global power. "It's like the guy who's drinking—sooner or later, he's got to put a cork on the bottle, right?"

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it won't be us, we don't want the country back, France might though or Spain.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No, it won't be us, we don't want the country back, France might though or Spain.
Yeah. I can't see Australia being silly enough to take on that fiscal mess. Even if we came in and sold off the northern parts to Canada, I doubt we could even give away the bottom bits to Mexico. Russia might like Alaska back and we could probably lease Hawaii to the Poms. You guys could do with a better holiday destination than Afghanistan and there are way too many here at any one time. :boing2:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah. I can't see Australia being silly enough to take on that fiscal mess. Even if we came in and sold off the northern parts to Canada, I doubt we could even give away the bottom bits to Mexico. Russia might like Alaska back and we could probably lease Hawaii to the Poms. You guys could do with a better holiday destination than Afghanistan and there are way too many here at any one time. :boing2:

Hawaii loves Britain! We have the Union Jack on our flag!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't want to be taken over...unless it's somewhere that would give me a peerage title as part of the deal. I'd like to be a Duke.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not many Dukes to go around I am afraid. How about a barony? Baron Haute sounds pretty cool :D.

I'm in line for an Earldom myself ... but it's a very long line :lol:. Statistically meaningless when it comes to the chances of inheriting unfortunately :(.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: I had a sudden vision of 1920's style clothing and manners, mixed in with mock-Gothic architecture, plus Call of Cthulu plot lines and Japanese Sword Arts :lol:.

Apologies for the thread drift, Xue, we'll get back on track I promise :eek:.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ross should either run again, or back someone like Johnson who could use the national attention as the media continues to pretend you only have 2 options.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ross should either run again, or back someone like Johnson who could use the national attention as the media continues to pretend you only have 2 options.

Ironically, Ross is the reason we only have two options. He scared the two major parties so much after his run for office they changed the rules and made it much harder for a 3rd party to get anywhere near the presidency

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't want to be taken over...unless it's somewhere that would give me a peerage title as part of the deal. I'd like to be a Duke.

Heck, like I said, China already owns us so you better be looking to these titles

Director of a government bureau - juzhang
Director of a government department - sizhang
Director of a sub-department - huzhang
Section head - kezhang
Minister - buzhang
Vice Minister - fu buzhang
Governor - shengzhang
Mayor - shizhang
Director (factory manager) - changzhang
General manager - zong jingli
Manager - jingli

Not British titles....the Chinese government is not all to fond of British titles...you know.... since that whole Hong Kong thing

:D

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are we all forgetting that this is the same Ross who had many conversations with aliens in his barn and even rode around in their space ship? Yeah, we should totally put stock in what he says.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Are we all forgetting that this is the same Ross who had many conversations with aliens in his barn and even rode around in their space ship? Yeah, we should totally put stock in what he says.

Not forgetting that at all, however it does not mean he is wrong.... nor does it mean he is right either.

But then he is also not the only one talking about the fiscal cliff either

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Too much doom and gloom. It's been the end of America every year since our independence. Just like the end is nigh for the christians. The country has survived worse and we will go on. If we can handle the great depression and the dust bowl at the same time then we will carry on.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
True, but the politicians and the American people were a bit different then for both the better and the worse
And if it is a possibility is it better to face it....or ignore it. Is it better to look into it and see if it is true of false or is it better to just dismiss it?
It could be called gloom and doom just as much as a dismissal of it could be called denial
If it is a possibility is it better to except it and work with it or is it better to just say Don’t worry, be happy

Forewarned, forearmed; to be prepared is half the victory.
Miguel de Cervantes

Not saying he is right or wrong... but history has shown us that major civilizations (world powers) can fail and have failed... but I honestly do not think the USA is going that route just yet