Aikido vs. suspect seated in car

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm curious, so I will ask. What specifically are you going to train people to do to defend themselves from these kinds of techniques?

I have a perfect defence.

What I do (and have done every time) is if a cop asks me to get out of my car, I get out.

Easy and pretty much guaranteed to stop the officer dragging me from my vehicle.

I can see two common reasons why they would want me out of the car:

I have committed, or am about to commit, a crime of some sort.

They are looking for someone who has committed a crime of some sort.

Any other reason is so uncommon as to be ignored.

In the first case, I should be removed from my vehicle and arrested.

In the second, I don't want criminals wandering the streets so if I comply and make the act of eliminating me from their enquiries fast and easy then it's that bit closer to them getting who they want.

Reasons to refuse to get out?

I've committed a crime and don't want to be caught.

I have some sort of pompous and arrogant desire to prove that "nobody tells me what to do" and I think the best way to demonstrate that fact - and defend my civil liberties - is by being an utter dick.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Again, I can not answer questions from this thread, as my answers are seen and will be seen as political.

Pm me if you want.

You obviously have reasons you feel are important enough to share.

D

Deleted member 34973

Pm me if you want.

You obviously have reasons you feel are important enough to share.
No thank you, I have found it imperative not to answer any more questions concerning the motives of LEO.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread has made me realize, that it is imperative, to train people to defend themselves against these types of techniques.
It's definitely something to think about in terms of car-jackings or abductions... but in terms of law enforcement, I'm going to strongly suggest you look into why Marc Macyoung sums up the question of defending yourself against an arrest as "Not here, not now, not you." Because the odds are very good that the cops in the US WILL win on the scene and remove you from the car, and resisting arrest doesn't lead anywhere good...

D

Deleted member 34973

It's definitely something to think about in terms of car-jackings or abductions... but in terms of law enforcement, I'm going to strongly suggest you look into why Marc Macyoung sums up the question of defending yourself against an arrest as "Not here, not now, not you." Because the odds are very good that the cops in the US WILL win on the scene and remove you from the car, and resisting arrest doesn't lead anywhere good...

Really folks, I got nothing more to say to you concerning this subject.

It's politics, and can't be discussed, I am sure the warning was meant for the others as well. Right moderators?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really folks, I got nothing more to say to you concerning this subject.

It's politics, and can't be discussed, I am sure the warning was meant for the others as well. Right moderators?
If you don't want to discuss it, there's no need to post. Folks can still make their comments (as long as they, too, stay out of the politics).

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't really think anything said so far is political, maybe I missed something?

If you're saying that you disagree with the presence of a police force because you feel the government is dictating their actions, but that the police under a different government would make you feel all warm and fluffy, then that's political.

However, if you're saying that you just have a fundamental disagreement with having any laws or enforcement thereof, that's just being more than a bit naive.

If I disagree with a law, then I can campaign to change it, or move. My choice to remain in a society where those laws are present doesn't give me any right at all to flout those laws just because I don't like them.

D

Deleted member 34973

If you don't want to discuss it, there's no need to post. Folks can still make their comments (as long as they, too, stay out of the politics).
Got it, I'll ignore the alerts since I can't ignore the moderators.

But, make no mistake, their comments are political you just agree with them.

But ignoring is much easier.

D

Deleted member 34973

I don't really think anything said so far is political, maybe I missed something?

If you're saying that you disagree with the presence of a police force because you feel the government is dictating their actions, but that the police under a different government would make you feel all warm and fluffy, then that's political.

However, if you're saying that you just have a fundamental disagreement with having any laws or enforcement thereof, that's just being more than a bit naive.

If I disagree with a law, then I can campaign to change it, or move. My choice to remain in a society where those laws are present doesn't give me any right at all to flout those laws just because I don't like them.

Actually, I didn't mention anything political. I just stated that I did not have much use for the police. I didn't say they weren't useful to others. I have simply found, from my own personal experience, they are not of much use to me.

That is not political that is exactly what another person commented.

It is history. And, you shouldn't get upset when a person states that they have no use for you personally.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually, I didn't mention anything political. I just stated that I did not have much use for the police. I didn't say they weren't useful to others. I have simply found, from my own personal experience, they are not of much use to me.

That is not political that is exactly what another person commented.

It is history. And, you shouldn't get upset when a person states that they have no use for you personally.

I don't think that was the comment that caused any issues.

I could say the same thing in fact, that I've never had to 'use' the police. I've called them a total of one time and that was on behalf of someone else involved in a car crash.

But it's a very narrow minded view - without the police (both now and in the past) it's a fair bet that none of us would have the life we have. With nobody to enforce the law, there would be no point having any laws and our society would be one of tribal fighting and very few of the advancements we have would have occurred.

The comment that caused the problem was stating that people need to be taught to defend themselves from the police, and the implication that the police were a portion of society that does nothing except prey upon "every free man, woman and child" because they view everyone as a suspect.

The subsequent questions weren't about whether or why you had no use for law enforcement, more why you felt that everyone should have to defend themselves from the threat of LEO.

D

Deleted member 34973

People do need to be taught to defend themselves against anyone. Police are no exception. Why would you think that they are.

But still my comment wasn't a political one.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because the police are the section of society that are the least likely to attack another person without provocation, at least in the 'western' world - therefore they are the section that it's least profitable to 'defend' yourself against.

D

Deleted member 34973

Because the police are the section of society that are the least likely to attack another person without provocation, at least in the 'western' world - therefore they are the section that it's least profitable to 'defend' yourself against.
How is this not a political comment. This thread will be put on ignore.

Have a great discussion. I do not do well with this bias b.s.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you think that's political then you and I have extremely different interpretations of the word...

Edit:

I just reported my own post to seek clarification.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin's Note:

Thread closed, pending staff review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions