Advanced Kenpo Techniques...

G

GouRonin

At the local NAPMA convention, there is a guy who will be teaching what is called "advanced Kenpo techniques." where he does what he calls "The one second fight."

I will not be able to get to this seminar as I have to work this weekend. Can someone tell me what the one second advanced kenpo techniques are?

Thanx.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have no idea what this guy is talking about. I am the only one to have learned these from Ed Parker in our very private lessons with no one else around and he made me promise not to tell anyone or show anyone until 12 years after he had passed on.

:asian:

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

I have no idea what this guy is talking about. I am the only one to have learned these from Ed Parker in our very private lessons with no one else around and he made me promise not to tell anyone or show anyone until 12 years after he had passed on.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa. You kill me Mr. Conatser!

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by kenpo_cory
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa. You kill me Mr. Conatser!

If he does it in a second it must be those one second advanced kenpo techniques.

OP
C

c2kenpo

One second advanced techniques.....

Oppps ...sorry could someone call for an ambulance I was thinking fo what my one second technique was and well got hit in the face while I was THINKING!!!!

I always thought that in a fight..time was relative...if you are winning it goes too fast...on the other hand it takes a while to get your backside handed to ya!

JMHO
:soapbox:

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

If he does it in a second it must be those one second advanced kenpo techniques.

Right, the techniques that only he was taught by Mr. Parker. :rofl:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

:eek: Maybe we should be calling you Doctor Conatser for now on??? :lol:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is the kind of stuff that keeps the various little turmoils and folks with nothing better to do ... In a turmoil. Needless, and not really even funny.

A one second technique shouldn't be a real surprise for anyone practicing Kenpo. No secret techniques, no silliness, and certainly no stirring of the pot. Just practice and application of what you already know or should know. One second is a very long time in the application of technical skill in fighting. Frankly, a ten second fight has gone on far too long!

Sign me,

Unamused by levity at others expense.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Was going to go back and alter my post. After giving it some consideration, I was going to change the ten seconds down to about three.

Unfortunately, you are, or at least I am, only allowed 60 minutes to alter your/my own post. Then I assume it becomes the intellectual property of the webmaster and is locked in eternity.

So to restate my previous stance that I'm now locked from...

If a fight lasts more than 3 seconds at the outside, you are doing something wrong.

No secrets. No magic. No limited knowledge proclamation that sets little minds to scurrying... and idle hands to the devils workshop ... Just training.

Dan

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The moderators can alter a post for you after the time limit--just send a clear request via PM.

Part of the reason for having the limit is that changing posts can make the replies to them seem nonsensical in retrospect, depending on how substantive the change is. Having a time limit helps preserve the linear flow of the discussion for those who read the thread later.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador

The moderators can alter a post for you after the time limit--just send a clear request via PM.

Part of the reason for having the limit is that changing posts can make the replies to them seem nonsensical in retrospect, depending on how substantive the change is. Having a time limit helps preserve the linear flow of the discussion for those who read the thread later.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

True, mayhap, but not having access to my own posts seems a bit odd for this forum, as well.

Dan

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Originally posted by Sigung86

This is the kind of stuff that keeps the various little turmoils and folks with nothing better to do ... In a turmoil. Needless, and not really even funny.

I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Accountability. That pretty much sums it up. I've been on forums that allow pretty much open ended editing, and theres been alot of cases of someone posting something inflammatory or libelous, or just 'wrong', then going back , changing the post and causing problems.

We set it to an hour, figuring that most folks will post, then reread and see the mistakes withing that time period. After that, we're more than happy to do changes for ya.

I realize its a tad bit more work, but so far, its helped keep things smooth.

OP
G

GouRonin

I think you're both pretty fruity.

Don't make me pull out my no-touch knockouts.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

I think you're both pretty fruity.

Don't make me pull out my no-touch knockouts.

Would that be the ones currently extent in LTKK? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dan

OP
G

GouRonin

They are similar, except my no touch knock outs don't kill you. They just make you do stupid things.
:rofl:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

They are similar, except my no touch knock outs don't kill you. They just make you do stupid things.
:rofl:

Like run around speaking with a Russian accent and drinking cheap vodka? Hey! Wait a minute! I used to date a girl like that!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

Latest Discussions