Adriano Emperado has passed away

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi Folks!
I just received an email informing me that Adriano Emperado, main founder of the Kajukenbo system, Has passed away. My deepest sympathies and condolences go out to his family and to Kajukenbo practitioners throughout the world.
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The passing of another of the legends,
You will be missed, Mr. Emperado
Todd

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
From all that I know and have heard he was a good man and the martial arts world is better because of him.
God Bless him.
:asian:

Your Brother
John

carmstrong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Times New Roman, Helvetica]I just got this email:

I just sent a message out that Sijo Adian Emperado had passed away . Professor Kimo had relayed this information to me and asked that I send out a notice right away. The information was incorrect. He is alive and in the hospital in guarded condition.As I get unpdated as to his condition I will inform you ASAP.
My apologies,
Tom Ingargiola
[/font]

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KENPOJOE said:
Hi Folks!
I just received an email informing me that Adriano Emperado, main founder of the Kajukenbo system, Has passed away. My deepest sympathies and condolences go out to his family and to Kajukenbo practitioners throughout the world.
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE
HOLD ON. Sijo is alive and well. We have spoken to him within the last hour. He is visiting GM Vince Black in Tuscon Arizona as I write this. He was in the hospital (La Jolla V.A.) last week for tests, but was released after 3 days, and is now in Arizona for another 5-6 days.
I don't know how these rumors get started, but I can guarantee that at least within the last hour Sijo was alive and well.

M

marshallbd

John Bishop said:
HOLD ON. Sijo is alive and well. We have spoken to him within the last hour. He is visiting GM Vince Black in Tuscon Arizona as I write this. He was in the hospital (La Jolla V.A.) last week for tests, but was released after 3 days, and is now in Arizona for another 5-6 days.
I don't know how these rumors get started, but I can guarantee that at least within the last hour Sijo was alive and well.
I too recieved an email from shaolinkempo.com stating that Sijo Emperado had passed away and imediattely recieved another from them with a retraction saying that it was a mistake, and that though Sijo Emperado is indeed alive and well, that he is in the hospital in guarded condition. I for one offer my sincerest prayers for Sijo Emperado for a speedy recovery. God Bless you Sir! :asian:

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
marshallbd said:
I too recieved an email from shaolinkempo.com stating that Sijo Emperado had passed away and imediattely recieved another from them with a retraction saying that it was a mistake, and that though Sijo Emperado is indeed alive and well, that he is in the hospital in guarded condition. I for one offer my sincerest prayers for Sijo Emperado for a speedy recovery. God Bless you Sir! :asian:
Like I said, Sijo checked out of La Jolla VA hospital last week. He was in for 4 days of testing to see what what causing him to run a temp. As some of you may know, Sijo had quadruple heart bypass surgery in 1994, so he's constantly receiving periodic treatment. Right now he is not hospitalized. He was well enough to make the 10 hour drive from his home to Tuscon Az, and he's enjoying a 10 day visit with GM Black.

OP
KENPOJOE

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Please accept my apologies...
I received an email from Pat Tracy that she had heard from Al Tracy while he was in California that he was informed that Sijo Emperado had passed away. Mrs. Tracy is normally a viable source for information so I contacted some hawaiian instructors about the news and they contacted me back and informed me that Sijo Emperado is very much alive!!!!
I have never been so happy to be wrong about someone or something in my life!
Again, please accept my most humble apolgies and I ask martialtalk to please pull the other thread with the false information.
Thank you for your time,
KENPOJOE

M

marshallbd

John Bishop said:
Like I said, Sijo checked out of La Jolla VA hospital last week. He was in for 4 days of testing to see what what causing him to run a temp. As some of you may know, Sijo had quadruple heart bypass surgery in 1994, so he's constantly receiving periodic treatment. Right now he is not hospitalized. He was well enough to make the 10 hour drive from his home to Tuscon Az, and he's enjoying a 10 day visit with GM Black.
Thanks for clarifying this. I for one am glad it was an incorrect rumor! :asian:

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Will Rogers was quoted as saying "Rumors of my death have been highly exaggerated". When he learned of the news that he had died.

Prof. Harper has provided this picture of Sijo in Tuscon two days after his rumored death. As you all can see, the rumor was "quite exaggerated". And it's also obvious that he wasn't hospitalized in "guarded condition".
f702bf9d.jpg

M

M.C. Busman

Maybe it would be a good idea to change the title of this thread?

The Clam is Dead...
Long Live the Clam!

M.C. Busman

M

marshallbd

John Bishop said:
Will Rogers was quoted as saying "Rumors of my death have been highly exaggerated". When he learned of the news that he had died.

Prof. Harper has provided this picture of Sijo in Tuscon two days after his rumored death. As you all can see, the rumor was "quite exaggerated". And it's also obvious that he wasn't hospitalized in "guarded condition".
f702bf9d.jpg
I am glad to see he is alive and obviously living confortably. I would be comfy floating around in a nice pool on a hot day!