Abir Qesheth

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh yeah that guy ... who ten years ago was peddling this in a hapkido uniform, using Chinese swords & saying it was Jewish kung fu ...

MartialMasters

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've been through lots of old documents in my day, including old Hebrew writings. Gun defense didn't come up once!
And much as I love martial arts, I don't think any martial art can "save" an entire people.

Well, in any case...good luck to him, though I doubt he'll make many inroads against Krav Maga, which is quite comfortably established over there!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously a load of rubbish because as everyone knows the only true Jewish martial art is Jewjuitsu....................
I'm allowed to make that joke :) plus I'm overdosing on doughnuts and latkes.
Of course the chap may have Jerusalem Syndrome which often affects people who go up to Israel.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would just like to say it is not the martial art it is the individual

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Obviously a load of rubbish because as everyone knows the only true Jewish martial art is Jewjuitsu....................
I'm allowed to make that joke :) plus I'm overdosing on doughnuts and latkes.
Of course the chap may have Jerusalem Syndrome which often affects people who go up to Israel.
There is a local Christian Karate school that teaches kids to count in Hebrew, for whatever reason. LOL

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So is dressing up like a rabbi part of the uniform?

Whatever the hell that guy was doing in the vid looks like straight garbage.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not how Rabbis dress, that's how extras in The Life of Brian dressed................

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There is a local Christian Karate school that teaches kids to count in Hebrew, for whatever reason. LOL

I don't even understand that kind of thing at all. Is there really a market for that? I guess there must be, but that just seems so silly. Like if someone had a Buddhist coffee shop, or a Jewish gas station. Adding religion to things that have nothing to do with religion.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No...just.....no.......

I mean, I don't remember him from any of the children's classes Bruce Lee taught when I was attending......oh, that's right, because Bruce Lee didn't teach children's classes when we were kids-he was getting $175 dollars an hour (in 60's money!!) for private lessons, and otherwise teaching the adults that he wanted to use as training dummies in class!

שמאָנצעס! Drek! Mashuggas narishkeit!
rolling.gif

Last edited:

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can't speak for Arabic tradition but that's not really how it is in Judaism.
I should have used an emoticon. Sorry. It was a joke.

However, I could probably, if pressed, show at least a reasonable case against left hand. I wouldn't really believe it, but I've always been good at that sort of debating. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

MartialMasters

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe he really is on to something here...perhaps I should add something about saving the Canadian people in the online lessons at my Academy. It could be a golden marketing opportunity!

I've already done a few clips with Hockey Sticks (no, really!), maybe I should build on that and come up with an "Earl Grey" style to match his King-David style (the famous tea was named after a Canadian Governor General, after all!).

Hmm, maybe not quite as intimidating. I guess I'd probably need to add some videos about bear defence (I actually saw one walking through my neighbourhood a few months ago), or how to avoid scalding yourself with Tim Horton's Coffee...seems like such a fuss, though!

"Always look on the bright side of defence"?

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe he really is on to something here...perhaps I should add something about saving the Canadian people in the online lessons at my Academy. It could be a golden marketing opportunity!

I've already done a few clips with Hockey Sticks (no, really!), maybe I should build on that and come up with an "Earl Grey" style to match his King-David style (the famous tea was named after a Canadian Governor General, after all!).
The official uniform must include a red and white toque.

BTW, what are you doing on MT? Shouldn't you be preparing to move from your Summer Igloo to your Winter Igloo or something?

Ay?

[help me out here, I'm running out of silly stereotypes]

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hmm, maybe not quite as intimidating. I guess I'd probably need to add some videos about bear defence (I actually saw one walking through my neighbourhood a few months ago), or how to avoid scalding yourself with Tim Horton's Coffee...seems like such a fuss, though!

"Always look on the bright side of defence"?
Couldn't you scare the bear off by throwing scalding coffee in his face?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't even understand that kind of thing at all. Is there really a market for that? I guess there must be, but that just seems so silly. Like if someone had a Buddhist coffee shop, or a Jewish gas station. Adding religion to things that have nothing to do with religion.
That is an odd position to take, considering we even sell Christian Insurance to people. :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will say that calling something Christian, makes it sound safe and wholesome. Your child is in just as much danger, as he or she ever was, but it is a start. :)

Latest Discussions