a weak woman

oftheherd11

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
is it not better to write fewer quality posts rather than just argumentative negative posts?
if we put it into a martial arts contex why learn 1,000s of teqniques when you could learn less but more training quality. do you see my point?

Well, many think it is desirable to have as many tools in one's toolbox as possible. Of course one would want quality tools. Do you think having a lot of tools in and of itself would indicate many were not quality?

OP
Lisa lyons

Lisa lyons

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I agree that negative posts aren't necessary. That's why I asked about your negative comment about active members of a forum.
well if you had bothered to read the thread(s) properly you would have seen that at least one other member posted first about his non stop posting on every thread & 10,000 posts. I agreed with him that most of his posts are just him argueing his point of view all the time. seems to be an expert on every subject. does not accept other views or opinions. now i see he has even wrote on this thread everyone else is a troll or fake accounts. why? because a few people think he´s annoying. which he is ! calling others trolls is ignorant so remember your own words.

OP
Lisa lyons

Lisa lyons

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i think your wrong, i think we are being trolled by one person with multiple accounts
Yes !! YOU . if you can´t contribute to this thread please leave it. insulting others because they do not agree with you is wrong. you are ruining this thread! move on !

Can´t believe you are calling half this thread trolls:(

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes !! YOU . if you can´t contribute to this thread please leave it. insulting others because they do not agree with you is wrong. you are ruining this thread! move on !

Can´t believe you are calling half this thread trolls:(

Actually he has made some very good points. As for having a lot of posts, this site has hundreds of threads going at any one time, covering many martial arts and some non martial arts themes as well.
I've got a lot of posts because I've been here for 15 years, no, Jobo isn't here all the time, like many of us he has a life he gets on with and comes back when he has time, I wouldn't consider he has posted a lot on this thread but it is supposed to be a conversation so people do post when they have something to say. He and I have disagreed many times, we'll disagree again soon no doubt but I can certainly see where he's coming from on this thread

On your profile you say you are 57, is this correct? Starting martial arts isn't impossible when you're older but it is more difficult. Can you tell us exactly what your aiming from from a martial art, perhaps you can also dispel any idea people would have that you are trolling or not who you say you are?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if you had bothered to read the thread(s) properly you would have seen that at least one other member posted first about his non stop posting on every thread & 10,000 posts. I agreed with him that most of his posts are just him argueing his point of view all the time. seems to be an expert on every subject. does not accept other views or opinions. now i see he has even wrote on this thread everyone else is a troll or fake accounts. why? because a few people think he´s annoying. which he is ! calling others trolls is ignorant so remember your own words.

10,000 is too many posts? Of dear. I'm way past that. We've got several people with post counts in the 40,000-50,000 range.

OP
Lisa lyons

Lisa lyons

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Can you tell us exactly what your aiming from from a martial art, perhaps you can also dispel any idea people would have that you are trolling or not who you say you are?
i´m pretty much sure i did if you read through my posts.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes but did you join in 2017? o_O

So what difference does it make? If someone has something to say, they post. It's actually weirder (to my way of thinking) to get on a discussion forum and NOT post.
Perhaps you can enlighten us and tell us exactly how many posts per week is acceptable?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wing Chun was, and this is 100% true, developed by a woman so that she could defeat the shaolin monks who wanted to beat her up. Now, this is the stuff of legends, because it all happened in prehistoric times... like 200 or 300 years ago. Anyway, she learned Kung Fu from her father, and then passed it along to her husband, because he wasn't very strong, either. I think you should train Wing Chun. This would be my number 1 recommendation to you.

Number 2 would be BJJ. BJJ was created by people who weren't strong enough to train Judo. Basically, a big dude from Japan moved to Brazil, and this guy had a kid who was just a little peanut... weak and frail. He said, "Hey man. My son is getting bullied at school. Can you help him?" And so, Helio began training in Judo, which he quickly developed into BJJ. So, if you don't need to go number 1, maybe you could try going number 2.

Another option is TKD. I don't think any explanation is needed for that one.

Aikido is good for weak people. You just sort of wait for people to punch the air around you. If you're good at getting beat up, this will allow you to get beat up with style.

If you like rolling around and wearing cool outfits, you could try ninjutsu.

Systema is good if you don't like to exercise. There is nothing inconsistent about a chunky systema master.

Anyway, lots of options. Let us know how it goes.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
@jobo can be difficult to take. I don't think English is his 1st language,
I am rolling. I think he's from Manchester... so, yeah, maybe English isn't his first language!

Now, can we finally put to rest any squirrelly ideas that people from the UK speak and/or write proper English? I think a strong case can be made that you have done more damage to the Queen's English than Americans ever could. :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i´m pretty much sure i did if you read through my posts.

Perhaps then you can explain why you think other players are thinking you're trolling or associated with another poster on here? I'm curious as to what you think about it.

On the subject of quality posts, do you mean giggly ones about strong men? Quality is in the eye of the beholder and the posters who've been here long enough to know people rather than make snap judgments.

OP
Lisa lyons

Lisa lyons

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wing Chun was, and this is 100% true, developed by a woman so that she could defeat the shaolin monks who wanted to beat her up. Now, this is the stuff of legends, because it all happened in prehistoric times... like 200 or 300 years ago. Anyway, she learned Kung Fu from her father, and then passed it along to her husband, because he wasn't very strong, either. I think you should train Wing Chun. This would be my number 1 recommendation to you.

Number 2 would be BJJ. BJJ was created by people who weren't strong enough to train Judo. Basically, a big dude from Japan moved to Brazil, and this guy had a kid who was just a little peanut... weak and frail. He said, "Hey man. My son is getting bullied at school. Can you help him?" And so, Helio began training in Judo, which he quickly developed into BJJ. So, if you don't need to go number 1, maybe you could try going number 2.

Another option is TKD. I don't think any explanation is needed for that one.

Aikido is good for weak people. You just sort of wait for people to punch the air around you. If you're good at getting beat up, this will allow you to get beat up with style.

If you like rolling around and wearing cool outfits, you could try ninjutsu.

Systema is good if you don't like to exercise. There is nothing inconsistent about a chunky systema master.

Anyway, lots of options. Let us know how it goes.
yes WC i think is a good system. I am looking at JKD as i wrote on another thread a friend teaches it. It has everything you need . he has in his small school 2 wooden dummy things :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
yes WC i think is a good system. I am looking at JKD as i wrote on another thread a friend teaches it. It has everything you need . he has in his small school 2 wooden dummy things :D
You have to be really strong to do JKD. Bruce Lee, who invented JKD, was well known to have more strength (pound for pound) than any other person in the world at that time. He perfected the 1 inch punch, and in the movie Enter the Dragon, he kicked a guy who flew like 20 feet. And that was before computer graphics, so it was real.

I really don't think JKD is a good option for you.

have you looked at Kyudo?

OP
Lisa lyons

Lisa lyons

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Archery ? should i walk around with a bow & arrows? o_O maybe help my strength pulling a bow but for outside?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am rolling. I think he's from Manchester... so, yeah, maybe English isn't his first language!

Now, can we finally put to rest any squirrelly ideas that people from the UK speak and/or write proper English? I think a strong case can be made that you have done more damage to the Queen's English than Americans ever could. :D

Lancastrians don't speak the Queen's English, they speak a dialect of English as do many in the UK, we have a lot of dialects. A dialect is not an accent.

Officially it's language family is.... 'Indo-European Germanic West Germanic Ingvaeonic English Lancashire Dialect.'

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Archery ? should i walk around with a bow & arrows? o_O maybe help my strength pulling a bow but for outside?
It would really help you avoid being involved in a physical altercation with someone stronger, and a bow and arrow is what is called a 'force multiplier' in self defense terms.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Lancastrians don't speak the Queen's English, they speak a dialect of English as do many in the UK, we have a lot of dialects. A dialect is not an accent.

Officially it's language family is.... 'Indo-European Germanic West Germanic Ingvaeonic English Lancashire Dialect.'
My friend, we humble Americans get chided by folks from the UK for murdering the English language. My point is that you can't kill what is already dead. :)

Latest Discussions