A really good read about pre-emptively hitting.

S

sdizier

If you want to read if a guy is going to attack you the best advice I can give is to read a book by Geoff Thompson called 'watch my back' about a normal guy (i.e him) who becomes a bouncer. I got it from lawofthefist.com/Watch_my_Back.html

During most of the book he takes people out by pre-emptively hitting them.....normally leading to a knock out.

He states that there are lots of ways to determine if a guy is going to fight no matter what, but the best one is:

He puts his hands up at shoulder level reaching forwards towards the aggressor....like he's trying to calm them down (he will even touch them at this time to see if they have any weapons). If they push into his out streched arms once, he tries to calm them again or threatens them into backing down. If they push into his hands twice he considers there to be no way out with out a fight, so takes them out.

If you have already read it what was your oppionion to this methodolgy?

OP
R

regkray

Hi all

Geoff thompson is the real deal.

He is an expert on Self Protection.

I recomend anyone to read his books.

Dead or Alive is his Self Protection manual.

Watch my back is his Autobiography.

both brilliant.

he has written lots of other books to on Martial arts and Self Help.

he is an inspiration

MF

DuneViking

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the info- sounds like a decent policy, especially in his line of work and he appears to be giving the subject a chance-although there may be very serious legal ramifications to his methodology.

OP

I dont know anything about the man or the book, but preemptive striking if possible is the best way to go.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, There are so many books out there? It's nice to share one that has a great impact on you. Hopefully it will also impact others? This is most likely my next book to get. Thanks! .....stilll reading more books .....Aloha