Ong-Bak: Thai Warrior

R

Raven001

I saw the preview and it looks amazing and my brother said its the best martial arts movie he has seen in ages. Unfortunately im in Dublin right now and have to wait till April I think

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Please, please tell me it's not the wire work that is just ruining the Martial Arts Genre lately. I'll take a 70's cheese ball movie to that lousey wire work junk

J

jjmcc

The Kai said:
Please, please tell me it's not the wire work that is just ruining the Martial Arts Genre lately. I'll take a 70's cheese ball movie to that lousey wire work junk
no buddy honestly the scenes a class he is very flexible a lot of stunt work and a great scene when the star fights with his legs on fire CLASS

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The ads on Spike TV and on IFC say "no wires - no camera tricks"

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Everything I've read about this movie says it's all the guy's own stunt work too- no wires. I'd love to see it.....

:asian: :karate:

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I saw this last year during some down time at Datu Kelly Worden's Water and Steel camp. The movie also had some great use of weapons- improvised and otherwise.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
If this is true it has the potential to top Drunken Master 2 or Fist of Legend as the best all time kung fu flick. That would be an amazing partnership....

Lamont

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doc said:
Do yourself a favor. When it comes around, go see it. You won't be disappointed.
Great! What about it impressed you the most, Sir?

Gin-Gin
:asian:

KajuMom

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Someone gave me this (probably bootlegged) DVD about 6-8 months ago. Amazing!! Though it starts out a little slow, plot-wise, the action scenes are incredible. I love the chase scene where he's running on top of peoples' heads and literally folding his body in half while jumping through hoops.

Also, the bar fight scene where he takes down that huge fighter with one kick--this was probably choreographed but I watched that move about 10 times in a row.

Again, plots isn't the greatest but awesome action!