A Kiss Is Just A Kiss... Right?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty gross.

Isn't it! I can't say I'm shocked as such, I'd probably avoid any of those parents in future if I knew and wonder if their children now needed some sort of help to get over being kissed by a parent in THAT way.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In a warped way, I can sort of get whoever it was that tought of doing that thinking it was funny.

But, WTH is wrong with the parents that would actually think it was a good idea to do this to your child?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the person in charge of the prank has ties to a local psychiatrist or family counselor. This may just be a way to drum up new clients.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ew. That made me feel queasy. I can't imagine how that's okay.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, as an uptight Englishman I have to say that that is not my cup of tea ... pretty French way of carrying on if you ask me :D. But an important part of the report to pay attention to is (bold mine):

According to the Minneapolis paper, a number of those in attendance called and emailed to make it clear that they felt offended by the sketch, despite the fact that none of the students or parents involved in the kissing antics complained about the routine at all.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, as an uptight Englishman I have to say that that is not my cup of tea ... pretty French way of carrying on if you ask me :D. But an important part of the report to pay attention to is (bold mine):

According to the Minneapolis paper, a number of those in attendance called and emailed to make it clear that they felt offended by the sketch, despite the fact that none of the students or parents involved in the kissing antics complained about the routine at all.

LOL. yeah, that caught my eye, too.
As usually the non-involved get offended. :lol:

I think a couple of the parents did get a shade too into the 'special someone' character though.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's what caught my eye on the article that none of the complainers were the parents that did the kissing. One even wonders if they switched parents ... I wonder how THAT would've gone over? Sheesh. Where do folks dream up this stuff?
A parent kissing their child even on the lips and even if they're teenagers shouldn't be that bad, but it's more of a peck not a smooch. I kiss my dad because I love him and not ashamed of that and it's just a sign of affection not attraction.

One wonders if this is going to have repercussions or just going to turn out as one of those weird stories you get in the news.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The professional offended people got a hold of it. It won't happen again at that school....

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The professional offended people got a hold of it. It won't happen again at that school....

I think you invented a new acronym. POP. I'm impressed!

I couldn't even imagine doing this to my children, JFC!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's just wrong.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the sort of thing that goes on way up in the Dales here. :)

Latest Discussions