A few videos from years of training, but light.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In the first video I'm just stating something about the mental aspect of my training and a little bit of display. A note, notice my secondary defensive hand starts across to the right and then back across to the left.

The audio isn't great, so if you want to hear what I'm talking about, crank it up.

Second video is more of a study in the motion of the "flurry", fast and slowmo.

Understand, I'm playing and this in no way represents a combat mode.

Last edited:
OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
"I understand but I will repeat the sentence of GSP "I am not impressed by your performance"

That's fine. Did you bother to read undernearh where I pointed out it was play and had nothing to do with a combat mode? It's a motion study.

Link me to your video so I can have a look.

Last edited:

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That's fine. Did you bother to read undernearh where I pointed out it was play and had nothing to do with a combat mode? It's a motion study.
What would be the diifference if you were in combat mode?

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What would be the diifference if you were in combat mode?
You don't know? You can't tell (in my vid) there's little to no ferocity or real speed. It's a motion study. In real fighting there is no set motion....and this paticular combo can also be used to knock down blocks, used for punch-grab to manipulate position...or thow in kicks during. On a few occasions I've used it to grab on and climb up on to, to plant a knee under the chin, usually bigger fellows.

Where's the video of you so i can be impressed?

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the first video I'm just stating something about the mental aspect of my training and a little bit of display. A note, notice my secondary defensive hand starts across to the right and then back across to the left.

The audio isn't great, so if you want to hear what I'm talking about, crank it up.

Second video is more of a study in the motion of the "flurry", fast and slowmo.

Understand, I'm playing and this in no way represents a combat mode.
Never mind, I don’t want to know who your teacher is anymore.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Never mind, I don’t want to know who your teacher is anymore.
You know, you could've read that from the post you were referring to in the beginning, but it's ok, you don't know the situation.

Last edited:

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You don't know? You can't tell (in my vid) there's little to no ferocity or real speed. It's a motion study. In real fighting there is no set motion....and this paticular combo can also be used to knock down blocks, used for punch-grab to manipulate position...or thow in kicks during. On a few occasions I've used it to grab on and climb up on to, to plant a knee under the chin, usually bigger fellows.

Where's the video of you so i can be impressed?
This video and your explanations prove that my statement from other topic:
Being experienced and even good street fighter doesn't equal being a good fighter iself. ...
People "on the street" usually cannot fight and agression, determination, speed and surprise are enought to deal with average street jerks.
Any different level of consciousness are not necessary. Just turn your anger into violence and go ballistic.
is valid.

PS. I have no video of myself to impress anyone;

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This video and your explanations prove that my statement from other topic:

is valid.

PS. I have no video of myself to impress anyone;
Its easy from an armchair isn't it.

And consider, how old do you think I am.? I'm no spring chicken any more. Because I don't have my bag hung in my new house that video was when I was 63 years old. The 1st video I did a year and a half ago at 67 years old. I have a few more of them, but I think I wanna update them to show what a 69 year old can do. How old are you? If you're anywhere near my age you can relate. If not, ask yourself how you'll do in your upper 60s.

My interest isn't to impress, but to get people to consider other traing methods that you can do for decades.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah consider every word I posted a lie. This is a complete waste of time and I'm certain some people including me, have more productive things to do.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The videos have apparently been taken down - I can’t view them.
If you

- post a personal video, people may think you are showing off.
- don't post your personal video, people may say that you talk way too much and show nothing.

What should be the balance here?

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you

- post a personal video, people may think you are showing off.
- don't post your personal video, people may say that you talk way too much and show nothing.

What should be the balance here?
Post it any way and accept what comes from it. It will either highlight what the person knows or it will highlight what he or she doesn’t know. If they don't want negative response then be honest about what the video is showing. Don't make the video more than what it is. There's alot of experience in this group so there's no need to present the video as if we don't know anything about martial arts.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I really took down my videos because I had put them on my model airplane youtube channel. I didn't want them there.

This video is of a structural combination. But consider what variation is possible. The punches can also be used for knocking down blocks, grabbing for changing position....and other stuff. My video editor shows the five strikes being in 1.15 seconds. If like some, you don't like it, at least say why.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I'm being hit, I really hope it's by someone who generates the same level of power in their punches as seen in that video.
You really don't understand what exercise is, do you. Do you think or just react without thinking or considering what's going on. You're just trolling. Is that what you're good at? Do you actually contribute to ANYTHING or is it just self aggrandizement for you?

How much power does it take to crush a throat?

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My video editor shows the five strikes being in 1.15 seconds. If like some, you don't like it, at least say why.

Thanks for sharing your personal video. To throw punches as hard as you can and as fast as you can on a heavy bag non-stop until you are totally exhausted is an excellent training.

The speed and power are tradeoff. When you throw 5 punches within 1.15 seconds, you won't have enough time to do full "compress and release". You try to show speed here and not trying to show full power which is understandable.

IMO, if you can move your body back a little bit, your punches can have more extension and that will add in more power.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really don't understand what exercise is, do you. Do you think or just react without thinking or considering what's going on. You're just trolling. Is that what you're good at? Do you actually contribute to ANYTHING or is it just self aggrandizement for you?
I understand that hitting a bag with no power is a waste of time and effort.
How much power does it take to crush a throat?
Not much, but more than you're demonstrating.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I understand that hitting a bag with no power is a waste of time and effort.

Not much, but more than you're demonstrating.
Bla, bla, bla. You're a troll. My bag works stresses time on the bag. Ever considered speed vs power. If my first punch lands on the adam's apple, how much power is needed?

Speed vs power is a concept that's over your head. I've fought a lot of big powerful guys. On purpose. Some pretty fast too. They were always amazed at what I could do to them before they could land one blow. It an advantage I have, and I use it.