2011 Haidong Gumdo Pan American Championships

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Held in Salt Lake City, UT on July 13th through 17th. Is anyone going? I think I might register as a non-competitor and drive up there.

If anyone is going let's meet up there!

Namii

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep, I'm going. I plan on competing too. Even if you dont compete the seminars and meeting new people would be totally worth it. I cant believe its less than a month away. I'm training hard and getting excited for it.

OP
T

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The 2011 Haidong Gumdo Pan American Open will be held in beautiful Salt Lake City, UT It is a bi-annual competition which will be held July 13 - 17, 2011. Competitors will be invited from all pan american countries in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America. Competitors from other countries are welcome to attend as well. Based on the resounding success of the 2009 US OPEN championship, in excess of 600 competitors are expected to attend these games. This will make it the second largest Haidong Gumdo competition in the world, second only to the World Championship held in Korea. All practitioners of Haidong Gumdo are encouraged to make the trip to attend. It is not often we as a community get a chance to meet. The education and also the friendship opportunities are enormous.

Largely, cut and pasted from the Haidong Gumdo Pan American official website.

OP
T

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not going, but I wish you both well!

Daniel

Thanks, I am going a non-competitor. I want to meet some of the movers and shakers in the Federation and State Assosiations and get in a little training. Plus it is in Salt Lake City. I have driven through there many times on my way to some where else. This will give me the chance to stop and see a little of the city and surrounding areas.

Namii

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Daniel! And hope to meet you when we are there Terry

OP
T

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm not going to make it. Too much is happening at home. I'll have to wait until next time. I hope you enjoy it.

Namii

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh bummer I was kinda keeping an eye open for you, It was a very educational week. I enjoyed it greatly and met so many new people. It was so worth the trip.

Latest Discussions