1st annual Texas Wing Tsun beach retreat

Bino TWT

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, so if not, I do apologize. I noticed there were quite a few people from Texas in here... This event will be in Galveston next weekend (August 12-13). Everyone is invited. Here's the event posting from facebook:

This will be our first beach retreat! Family friendly, bring the kids. Of course there will be plenty of Wing Tsun Kung Fu training, BBQ, drinks, swimming, and all of that good stuff.

This is an open and informal event, ALL are welcome. In the spirit of the Houston Wing Chun Symposium, every school, every style, every lineage, you are all invited. Interested in martial arts? Come on! Not interested? Come anyway!

There is NO CHARGE for this event, however... we ask that if you are able, you contribute. That means, bring snacks or something to throw on the BBQ, or drinks, beer, bottled water, whatever. Unlimited training for every level, from beginner to Sifu, free of charge. Bring everyone you can!

This will also be the official birthday party for Texas Wing Tsun instructor Jason "Bino" Malik, so come out and have a good time. Nothing like some Chi Sao with the sand between your toes and the tide splashing against your legs.

Hotel arrangements can be made for those who are traveling and wish to spend the night in Galveston. Also for those who don't know, you can drive, camp, BBQ, and drink on the beach legally so you could also just bring a tent or blankets or whatever.

If you have any questions, please contact Jason Malik.
FB: Texas Wing Tsun
www.TexasWingTsun.com
[email protected]
IG: @TexasWingTsun

Here's the link to the facebook event:

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Would love to make this however will be in NY for the Pekiti-Tirsia International Camp doing some instructing, sharing, and gaining some new perspectives from other instructors. All the best with your retreat.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds fun. Shame it's thousands of miles away.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
But they fought with expert timing.

Sounds like a great time, bro. Take pictures.

Cephalopod

Green Belt
Reaction score
That sound awesome, Bino. Kudos for making it happen!

I wish I was closer to Texas.

Wow. I don't say that very often.
JK! ;)

OP
Bino TWT

Bino TWT

Green Belt
Reaction score
This turned out pretty awesome guys. Got some pics up on IG (@TexasWingTsun) and the Texas Wing Tsun fb page. I'll have some video up shortly.

wayfaring

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, so if not, I do apologize. I noticed there were quite a few people from Texas in here... This event will be in Galveston next weekend (August 12-13). Everyone is invited. Here's the event posting from facebook:

This will be our first beach retreat! Family friendly, bring the kids. Of course there will be plenty of Wing Tsun Kung Fu training, BBQ, drinks, swimming, and all of that good stuff.

This is an open and informal event, ALL are welcome. In the spirit of the Houston Wing Chun Symposium, every school, every style, every lineage, you are all invited. Interested in martial arts? Come on! Not interested? Come anyway!

There is NO CHARGE for this event, however... we ask that if you are able, you contribute. That means, bring snacks or something to throw on the BBQ, or drinks, beer, bottled water, whatever. Unlimited training for every level, from beginner to Sifu, free of charge. Bring everyone you can!

This will also be the official birthday party for Texas Wing Tsun instructor Jason "Bino" Malik, so come out and have a good time. Nothing like some Chi Sao with the sand between your toes and the tide splashing against your legs.

Hotel arrangements can be made for those who are traveling and wish to spend the night in Galveston. Also for those who don't know, you can drive, camp, BBQ, and drink on the beach legally so you could also just bring a tent or blankets or whatever.

If you have any questions, please contact Jason Malik.
FB: Texas Wing Tsun
www.TexasWingTsun.com
[email protected]
IG: @TexasWingTsun

Here's the link to the facebook event:

I'm a bit late. Did you guys have a good time?

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw your video before I read this post and was wondering if that was Galveston....thought I saw the Moody pyramid pop up briefly. I have fond memories of kayak fishing off of Galvatraz beach

Latest Discussions