Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i am sorry i said mmaers do it. I found a ufc fighter who does it. You are welcome not to. Train however you like. But saying that you represent mma to a point where a ufc fighter is not allowed to be an example of mma.

is just a bit arrogant.
MMAers dont do it. You found 1 guy that gave a silly name to a front kick. He no more speaks for the MMA community then you do.
To claim MMAers just make crap up as they go is a bit silly

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MMAers dont do it. You found 1 guy that gave a silly name to a front kick. He no more speaks for the MMA community then you do.

I'm tending to think the guy calls it that because it's his 'magic' go to kick, his favourite one. I don't think he was actually naming it as such, I think drop bear has misunderstood. Most of us have a favourite techniques they like using, I like back fist a lot so I could well say to you this is my 'magic' strike, not meaning I made it up or gave it that name but inferring it worked very well for me. Could be a bit too subtle thinking though lol

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and while I'm here :grumpy:.... discussing MMA techniques on a thread about self defence techniques is a little pointless really. In MMA we know our techniques will work, we know when and who we are fighting, we know they will not being trying to rape, rob or kill us, we have a referee to ensure fair play, we have no one to think about other than our opponent who we will have studied, we have a nice surface to fight on, appropriate clothing, gloves on our hands and we will have warmed up! we will even most likely get paid for fighting.
Need I say that is the complete opposite of a self defence situation? Where I will have to get a completely different head on...... say no more.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tending to think the guy calls it that because it's his 'magic' go to kick, his favourite one. I don't think he was actually naming it as such, I think drop bear has misunderstood. Most of us have a favourite techniques they like using, I like back fist a lot so I could well say to you this is my 'magic' strike, not meaning I made it up or gave it that name but inferring it worked very well for me. Could be a bit too subtle thinking though lol

Yes. Using the magic works very well. Pretty much how I would personally use the term. Same as using wizard or what a spell binding punch etc.. No one could mistake that surely.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and while I'm here :grumpy:.... discussing MMA techniques on a thread about self defence techniques is a little pointless really. In MMA we know our techniques will work, we know when and who we are fighting, we know they will not being trying to rape, rob or kill us, we have a referee to ensure fair play, we have no one to think about other than our opponent who we will have studied, we have a nice surface to fight on, appropriate clothing, gloves on our hands and we will have warmed up! we will even most likely get paid for fighting.
Need I say that is the complete opposite of a self defence situation? Where I will have to get a completely different head on...... say no more.

see i have never found that to be the case. Either from personal experience or reports from others.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

i am impressed i found one guy as it is not that easy to do considering the task.

i think Greg Jackson does the same. But he trains john jones

i personally have found it the norm though and was backed up by at least one example. So you may be the exception here.

(and why am i the only guy who has to show evidence.)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i am impressed i found one guy as it is not that easy to do considering the task.

i think Greg Jackson does the same. But he trains john jones

i personally have found it the norm though and was backed up by at least one example. So you may be the exception here.
The norm where? Ive been in several MMA gyms IVE NEVER heard people just make up stuff. Ive always heard them show a technique then give credit to where it came from.
(and why am i the only guy who has to show evidence.)
because you admit you just make stuff up as you go along so I dont believe anything you post

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in my 20 years of being involved with violence.

There's so many things wrong with that I don't know where to start quite frankly so I'm not because there is no amount of words, common sense and sound martial arts knowledge from people who are far better than I is going to persuade you how wrong you are.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The norm where? Ive been in several MMA gyms IVE NEVER heard people just make up stuff. Ive always heard them show a technique then give credit to where it came from.

because you admit you just make stuff up as you go along so I dont believe anything you post

you have lied on this thread though. I don't really care. But if we are honking on about it.

and i was describing something while trying to put it in context. That generally means making stuff up.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you have lied on this thread though. I don't really care. But if we are honking on about it.
LOL ok
and i was describing something while trying to put it in context. That generally means making stuff up.
No you were just flat wrong then when you got called out you said "MMAers make stuff up all the time". Which is funny since all the other folks here that train in MMA said not so much.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There's so many things wrong with that I don't know where to start quite frankly so I'm not because there is no amount of words, common sense and sound martial arts knowledge from people who are far better than I is going to persuade you how wrong you are.

look it is probably a discussion worthy of its own thread. But i could find at least hard industry guys from my end who are also sports fighters.

i know of bad guy bikie enforcers who are sports fighters. It is defiantly a trend

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL ok

No you were just flat wrong then when you got called out you said "MMAers make stuff up all the time". Which is funny since all the other folks here that train in MMA said not so much.

one other. Lets be accurate.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look it is probably a discussion worthy of its own thread. But i could find at least hard industry guys from my end who are also sports fighters.

i know of bad guy bikie enforcers who are sports fighters. It is defiantly a trend

I can imagine biscuit fighters are quite defiant.

(in the UK biscuits, which Americans call cookies, are usually abbreviated to bikies/bickies)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

You industry is shopping center security guard right?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You industry is shopping center security guard right?

i worked a shopping center where a guy was set on fire in a fight.

but ok lets look at this. I made a statement you called me on it i provided evidence. Now you say that is not the case. Provide your own evidence.

i mean as fun as this is. (and i am having a ball) that is what it boils down to.

because so far the only person who has supported a claim here has been me.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i worked a shopping center where a guy was set on fire in a fight.
Wow how horrifying did you call for help lol
but ok lets look at this. I made a statement you called me on it i provided evidence. Now you say that is not the case. Provide your own evidence.

i mean as fun as this is. (and i am having a ball) that is what it boils down to.

because so far the only person who has supported a claim here has been me.
Supported what claim that you can make up names as you go? No you haven't supported it at all

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can imagine biscuit fighters are quite defiant.

(in the UK biscuits, which Americans call cookies, are usually abbreviated to bikies/bickies)

lol.

one k or two in that. My spell check is not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions