Back Hand Strike:

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nope! But I do understand dead weight! So, by imploding with your strikes! It cause more damage than hitting something straight through! Basically, I need to strike upward or downward when hitting someone?

I like to direct the energy inside the body and keep it there and I will direct my strike upwards or downwards when feasible.....it makes a HUGE difference in effectiveness. You can implode a ballistic strike inside a target and they feel it for several minutes. Straight through can still be effective but not as effective. When I show people pressure point strikes I will hit one area and where that energy would exit straight through the body I hit with the other hand to keep it in. I'm sure you have seen a knife hand strike to the neck (vagus nerve). It is painful and by itself will drop a person. If you hit both sides at the same time the effect is devestating

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nope! But I do understand dead weight! So, by imploding with your strikes! It cause more damage than hitting something straight through! Basically, I need to strike upward or downward when hitting someone?
I would lose the upward back-knuckle, and concentrate on the "DOWN" thing. Its is not about targets, its about how the human body moves in relation to those targets. Secondly, you always snap your hand back, its just the apex of the circle that changes; meaning, you can flick him on the tip of the nose, or you can place the apex behind the guys head, somewhere.
Sean

Latest Discussions