Really discouraged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As an instructor, I believ
be
Everyone is tteachable it is, and always is the teachers fault.

No. Not everyone is teachable. You have to be willing to be taught to be teachable. Not everyone is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 34973

Probably because "get off your butt and go train" is a really good answer. That is why so many people recommend it.

I doubt you will understand why I find this statement so ironically funny.
Its lousey advice in my opinion. When one knows northing about the arts.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Because he gets the exact same answers from all of you.

I am not defending him, training, is soley up to him. But, he does have a right to ask questions, and disagree with the answers until he finds what he is looking for.

Not one instructor or student here has the right to deny him that.

My question is, why is it the same people who attack his threads. Why not ignore it and move on?

In my opinion...some people like drama.
Says the guy who came on here and basically said everyone has no knowledge apart from you hmm yeah makes sense and because people are trying to help him we're saying go train that's all he can do he can post all fhe YouTube videos he wants but he'll learn absolutely 0 until he gets off his backside and go train, the amount of time he's been on this board he could've visited hundreds of schools and tried them out but nope he's still watching ip man vs 10 black belts on YouTube

D

Deleted member 34973

No. Not everyone is teachable. You have to be willing to be taught to be teachable. Not everyone is.

Yes, because if they ask questions, they do not want to be taught.

D

Deleted member 34973

Says the guy who came on here and basically said everyone has no knowledge apart from you hmm yeah makes sense and because people are trying to help him we're saying go train that's all he can do he can post all fhe YouTube videos he wants but he'll learn absolutely 0 until he gets off his backside and go train, the amount of time he's been on this board he could've visited hundreds of schools and tried them out but nope he's still watching ip man vs 10 black belts on YouTube
Never said that....just those who keep responding to him.

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Really, I am just amazed how many here will reject a difficult student.

I feel kind of the same way. I see this guy as being afraid of getting hit. Afraid of pain. I see fear. That's it. And I see a lot of people who don't have patience for different learning styles. Not everyone is a tough guy who can handle the idea of pain. Hell...I see fear of something new.

Those who can't do, teach, and those who can't teach do.

D

Deleted member 34973

Probably because "get off your butt and go train" is a really good answer. That is why so many people recommend it.

I doubt you will understand why I find this statement so ironically funny.
Not really, you seem to be on the board.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel kind of the same way. I see this guy as being afraid of getting hit. Afraid of pain. I see fear. That's it. And I see a lot of people who don't have patience for different learning styles. Not everyone is a tough guy who can handle the idea of pain. Hell...I see fear of something new.

Those who can't do, teach, and those who can't teach do.

No one said anything about pain no ones telling him to go spar the top mma fighters in his area everyone was patient at first but then he floods the board with the same questions then ignored everyone's answers

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an instructor, I believ
be
Everyone is tteachable it is, and always is the teachers fault.
Not at all true. A student is responsible for their learning. A student's attitude cannot be changed by the instructor, only by the student. We are not gods.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, I am just amazed how many here will reject a difficult student.
There's a difference between a "difficult student" and someone who is not willing to learn. I'm more than willing to help someone who is struggling. Those who refuse to struggle, I refuse to waste my time on, since they're not going to get any benefit without their own effort.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not at all true. A student is responsible for their learning. A student's attitude cannot be changed by the instructor, only by the student. We are not gods.
Yep the people who go around saying oh it's my instructors fault I'm no good are just people looking for excuses the instructor sees you for maybe 2 hours a week everyone needs to practice on their own to get any good of course an instructor is needed but if you don't train on your own out the class there's pretty much no point

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Opinions vary son.
Yeah well yours is an arrogant one you don't know anyone on this board yet you seem to think you know everything about people. It's pretty funny you're saying the people who actually train have no knowledge yet you're praising the guy who refuses to train as being a good inquisitive student

D

Deleted member 34973

I would disagree, how can a person even call themselves a teacher, if they do not feel responsible, at least partially, for their students progression thru the art.

D

Deleted member 34973

Yeah well yours is an arrogant one you don't know anyone on this board yet you seem to think you know everything about people
Nope not a bit, but I do know that as instructors go, they shouldnt give up on anyone.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are all willing to learn, if they show up, its usually a bad instructor or instruction that causes them to leave.
Firstly, this guy is not willing to show up, so you've just changed your stance on him.

Secondly, there are people who show up to show off or to be able to brag about what they are doing. Those folks are not there to learn. They get a chance, but their attitude is detrimental to the learning of others and eventually presents a physical risk to others (because they often show off by over-doing a technique they don't understand). Before it reaches that point, it's the responsibility of the instructor to remove the problem.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nope not a bit, but I do know that as instructors go, they shouldnt give up on anyone.
If the guy turned up to any of our gyms they wouldn't give up but no one on here is this guys instructor so they have 0 obligation to do anything for him they don't owe him anything

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another tactic of a poor excuse of an instructor. Please tell me you are not one. Nothing more pathetic than an internet **** talker.
You know, for someone who claims to dislike drama, you spend a lot of your time making statements that appear to be designed to create it.

Status
Not open for further replies.