Really discouraged!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 34973

They are all willing to learn, if they show up, its usually a bad instructor or instruction that causes them to leave.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I wpuld suggest you find another hobby then

You do realize that presenting dissenting opinions with no actual reasoning to back them up is trolling right? Despite the fact that Trump has made an entire presidential campaign based upon it, it's still trolling.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everyone is tteachable it is, and always is the teachers fault.

I would disagree on this part. One might argue "if the person picks the right art for them" and the right teacher (based on method/attitude) it's the teachers fault. By this I mean the following.

1. So people aren't comfortable being REALLY close to someone else. As such a grappling art like Jujutsu will never really work for them regardless of what the teacher does unless they are willing to push past their issue. This can be even further exaggerated. I know some people who LOVE TKD because they feel they can stay at kicking range, they simply just don't want to get in close and when they try to learn arts with a lot of hand work they just don't do as well.

2. Some arts are too scientific (for lack of a better term). As an example WC. For a bong or a tan to really work the arms need to be held at fairly precise angles, it's not just a matter of sticking your arm out there. It takes a fair amount of work just to get that down and some people get frustrated and give up.

3. Some teachers teach with a fitness/sport mindset, some with demonstration, some with self defense, others with full on combatives in mind. If you are looking for combatives then the one teaching for demonstrations or sport/point sparring, is likely not going to work for you.

It is after these considerations that the quality of the teacher becomes relevant.

D

Deleted member 34973

I already have. I decided to start a collection. "Stupid things I saw 'Guthrie' write." But it's too easy; I think I'll get bored with it soon.
Another tactic of a poor excuse of an instructor. Please tell me you are not one. Nothing more pathetic than an internet **** talker.

D

Deleted member 34973

I would disagree on this part. One might argue "if the person picks the right art for them" and the right teacher (based on method/attitude) it's the teachers fault. By this I mean the following.

1. So people aren't comfortable being REALLY close to someone else. As such a grappling art like Jujutsu will never really work for them regardless of what the teacher does unless they are willing to push past their issue. This can be even further exaggerated. I know some people who LOVE TKD because they feel they can stay at kicking range, they simply just don't want to get in close and when they try to learn arts with a lot of hand work they just don't do as well.

2. Some arts are too scientific (for lack of a better term). As an example WC. For a bong or a tan to really work the arms need to be held at fairly precise angles, it's not just a matter of sticking your arm out there. It takes a fair amount of work just to get that down and some people get frustrated and give up.

3. Some teachers teach with a fitness/sport mindset, some with demonstration, some with self defense, others with full on combatives in mind. If you are looking for combatives then the one teaching for demonstrations or sport/point sparring, is likely not going to work for you.

It is after these considerations that the quality of the teacher becomes relevant.
Exactly and that is why perspective students should ask questions, until they find the right answer and the right system. Regardless of whether or not it offends instructors or students.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Really, I am just amazed how many here will reject a difficult student.
Im amazed someone can be so blind. Are you secretly this guys uncle or something because you're just blindly defending him. Look at his first ever posts here he asks a question and everyone gives him good advice even the second and thirds but when he starts saying things like oh wing chums because so and so or I saw on ip man he did this or I remember this one boxers are all arrogant bullies and boxing doesn't look cool on YouTube and they don't even block. He says he has good knowledge on the centre line theory, the guys arrogant and thinks he can teach himself. He's not a difficult because he's not a student at all he's not looking to learn he's ignored every single bit of advice everyone given him. He's no shown desire to turn off his computer and go to a school and even try 1 free class. If he was actually training it wouldn't be so bad but the guys just talking out his backside acting like he knows it all and he's rude to people who give him advice. I don't know why you're defending him it's obvious what this guy is he's either just a wannabe martial artist who's to lazy to train and likes to pretend he knows anything or a troll

D

Deleted member 34973

You do realize that presenting dissenting opinions with no actual reasoning to back them up is trolling right? Despite the fact that Trump has made an entire presidential campaign based upon it, it's still trolling.
Just because you can not comprehend the fact that when a student quits, that there is a good chance its because of the instruction, is not good reasoning?

D

Deleted member 34973

Im amazed someone can be so blind. Are you secretly this guys uncle or something because you're just blindly defending him. Look at his first ever posts here he asks a question and everyone gives him good advice even the second and thirds but when he starts saying things like oh wing chums because so and so or I saw on ip man he did this or I remember this one boxers are all arrogant bullies and boxing doesn't look cool on YouTube and they don't even block. He says he has good knowledge on the centre line theory, the guys arrogant and thinks he can teach himself. He's not a difficult because he's not a student at all he's not looking to learn he's ignored every single bit of advice everyone given him. He's no shown desire to turn off his computer and go to a school and even try 1 free class. If he was actually training it wouldn't be so bad but the guys just talking out his backside acting like he knows it all and he's rude to people who give him advice. I don't know why you're defending him it's obvious what this guy is he's either just a wannabe martial artist who's to lazy to train and likes to pretend he knows anything or a troll
Oh I think he has hooked you folks, line and sinker, into showing that most of you lack any real knowledge concerning true combat applications.

And he has shown that not all people who claim to be instructors, really are not even close.

Yes, I have analyzed the conversations and I see a guy asking questions and researching info about different arts. Then I see the angered responses from the drama groups, simply because he will disagree.

There are hundreds if not thousand of different arts and one should dig deeply into the subject in order to consider which is best for them

Thats what I see.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Exactly and that is why perspective students should ask questions, until they find the right answer and the right system. Regardless of whether or not it offends instructors or students.

Just because you can not comprehend the fact that when a student quits, that there is a good chance its because of the instruction, is not good reasoning?

Sorry, but now you're just preaching in ignorance. In the first quote, you preach self-centeredness and entitlement by stating "regardless of whether or not it offends instructors or students". I have absolutely zero desire to attempt to teach anyone that is that self-centered or feels that entitled.

Then, in the second quote, you state that I can't comprehend the fact that a student may quit because of the instruction? Besides the fact that the thread is discussing a couch potato that will never be a student, much less quit, I can comprehend quite well that it may be the fault of the instructor. What you, in your entitled world view can't seem to comprehend, is that I really don't care why they quit. It is not my responsibility to babysit my students.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score

Well initially you put it all on the teacher. A student has to first pick the right art, then the right method then be willing to learn but this is not what your initial premise was. I don't know if the initial premise was poorly explained or if you are actually contradicting yourself.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh I think he has hooked you folks, line and sinker, into showing that most of you lack any real knowledge concerning true combat applications.

And he has shown that not all people who claim to be instructors, really are not even close.

Yes, I have analyzed the conversations and I see a guy asking questions and researching info about different arts. Then I see the angered responses from the drama groups, simply because he will disagree.

There are hundreds if not thousand of different arts and one should dig deeply into the subject in order to consider which is best for them

Thats what I see.
Wow because people can't be bothered to answer some lazy kids questions they don't have knowledge seems you're just as arrogant to say that pretty much everyone on this board has no knowledge. Did you miss the bit where EVERYONE has tried to help him but most comments he just ignores and only replies to ones that aren't helpful. All he does is make excuses and I 100% guarantee he will never train.

D

Deleted member 34973

Sorry, but now you're just preaching in ignorance. In the first quote, you preach self-centeredness and entitlement by stating "regardless of whether or not it offends instructors or students". I have absolutely zero desire to attempt to teach anyone that is that self-centered or feels that entitled.

Then, in the second quote, you state that I can't comprehend the fact that a student may quit because of the instruction? Besides the fact that the thread is discussing a couch potato that will never be a student, much less quit, I can comprehend quite well that it may be the fault of the instructor. What you, in your entitled world view can't seem to comprehend, is that I really don't care why they quit. It is not my responsibility to babysit my students.
YesQUOT

You left out the "perspective student "part of the first statement.

Perspective student

Instructors

Two different subjects

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They are all willing to learn, if they show up, its usually a bad instructor or instruction that causes them to leave.
That's the whole point he hasn't shown up he hasn't done anything except talk trash on this board whys that so difucult to understand if he wants the answers the best to do is watch a class and talk to the instructor face to face but nope that's never going to happen

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
YesQUOT

You left out the "perspective student "part of the first statement.

Perspective student

Instructors

Two different subjects

Now you're being deliberately obtuse, as well as misusing words. Perspective is what artists use when drawing three dimensionally. Sorry, I'm done listening to your poorly formed arguments and ridiculous ideas. I'm afraid your entitled attitude won't get you very far in life, but that's not my problem either.

On the ignore list with you!

D

Deleted member 34973

Because he gets the exact same answers from all of you.

I am not defending him, training, is soley up to him. But, he does have a right to ask questions, and disagree with the answers until he finds what he is looking for.

Not one instructor or student here has the right to deny him that.

My question is, why is it the same people who attack his threads. Why not ignore it and move on?

In my opinion...some people like drama.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perspective student

If he were a prospective student, people would likely respond differently. But he's not. As for being a perspective student... that sounds more like a drawing or painting thing. Since I can barely draw a stick figure, I wouldn't feel qualified to have an opinion on that issue.

D

Deleted member 34973

Now you're being deliberately obtuse, as well as misusing words. Perspective is what artists use when drawing three dimensionally. Sorry, I'm done listening to your poorly formed arguments and ridiculous ideas. I'm afraid your entitled attitude won't get you very far in life, but that's not my problem either.

On the ignore list with you!
Its about time.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he gets the exact same answers from all of you.

Probably because "get off your butt and go train" is a really good answer. That is why so many people recommend it.

In my opinion...some people like drama.

I doubt you will understand why I find this statement so ironically funny.

D

Deleted member 34973

Auto correct mistakes are hard for some folks to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions