• AKKS

• CKF

• Indepenent

• NOT LISTED

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
M

M F

I count four, no make that five of us AKKI members now. I'm number five. I'll probably be the least talkative of the bunch. I prefer to listen. Plus, Brother John usually says what I'm thinking, but he says it much more eloquently.

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by M F

I count four, no make that five of us AKKI members now. I'm number five. I'll probably be the least talkative of the bunch. I prefer to listen. Plus, Brother John usually says what I'm thinking, but he says it much more eloquently.

He does the same for me as well! :D

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score

Thanks M F.
I'll try to watch my Ps and Qs if I'm to be eloguent and all that...
:drinkbeer
Your Brother
John

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey Don
This turned out to be very interesting... why not keep it going.
Try this:
take the top five associations out, add in others that you didn't have room to put in... like the AKKI, Tracy's and others.
just thought it would be interesting to see how that 'others' catagory gets worked out.
Your Brother
John

PS: Plus it should be noted that many associations have their own web-sites and their members stick to those. Not everyone knows about martial talk. Knowledge of the site might get talked about in some schools more than others... that's why it won't be a scientific poling.
cool
but not scientific.

OP
M

M F

Les, I counted you. There was another AKKI member that I saw a little bit after I posted, but I can't remember who it is at the moment. Jeff was one that I didn't count, but not the one I'm thinking of. There may be eight. The more the merrier.
:D

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Les,
I think Brother John has a student on the boards you may have missed, JD. I'll let him verify that though.
Sean

OP
M

M F

Mace,
You were the one I noticed earlier, but couldn't remember. If JD is on here, would that make nine?

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

This post is creating interesting results!

Right now I am independent and I just wanted to get a feel for why people choose the certain associations that they do compared to others? Did you shop around, or just felt you knew which one you wanted to be a part of?

Good journey.

Respectfully In Kenpo,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

OP
G

GouRonin

Most associations are nice for those long cold nights when you want to get screwed by someone.

I trust people...not organizations.

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
You were the one I noticed earlier, but couldn't remember. If JD is on here, would that make nine?

yes it is true. I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary in both Martial Arts, Kenpo, and the AKKI.

I registered very early with Martial Talk and have followed it closely. It is nice to see more AKKI members join this site.

Brother John is my instructor so I let him do most of the talking!!

:) :D :rofl:

:asian:

JD

OP
B

brianhunter

Geeeezzzzz look at the write in campaign for the AKKI...you guys are alright I dont care what brother john says when your not around ;) Kidding

OP
G

GouRonin

Why is it the AKKI, and the IKKA and a few other organizations have it in their mandate to NOT allow their members to be members of OTHER kenpo organizations?
:confused:

Latest Discussions