• AKKS

• CKF

• Indepenent

• NOT LISTED

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
R

Ronin

Ikko here. I've been with Mr. Conatser for almost 20 years and can honestly say I'd study with him and maybe a select few if he were to pass on (God I hope not!!) I've had the honor over the years of having gone to seminars put on by Mr. Parker, Skip Hancock, Brian Duffy, Mike Pick, Frank Trejo, Jeff Speakman and many others. Not only have I learned from them but since, Mr. Conatser knew all of them, I had the pleasure of tagging along on lunches and hearing all the kenpo gossip not to mention watching them work out together. I just like dealing with him since he is always great with people and has a good sense of humor and even when he was annoyed with my stupidity at times, has managed to convert it into a valuable lesson. Thats why I like the IKKO.

OP
I

IKCAMemberGary

I have been affiliated with the IKCA for 7 years now, and have had NOTHING but a great time and a great learning experience.

I am proud to be associated with Chuck Sullivan and Vic LeRoux, and all of the great Kenpoists that are in our organization.

Gary

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
From 1986 to 1989 with the IKKA

1989? - When was the LTKKA formed? I was with them for the first year of it's existence, then got out when my instructor left the association after having a heart to heart with Mr. Parker over the phone.

1990 to 1992- IKKA

1992-94 Independent

1994 to 1996 - CKF (Chinese Karate Federation)

1996 to present - Independent

:asian:

eternalwhitebelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
Independent. No affiliation. I love to study with everyone, but I am stingy with my money and usually refuse to give it up for a newsletter or something like that. In my experience that is all I have ever recieved from being in an org.

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
1975 to 1997
International Kenpo Karate Association

1997 to present time
American Kenpo Karate International

Les

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mr Paul Mills, President of the AKKI association, has a saying I'd like to share with you:

"When you drink the water, remember the spring from which it came"

Les

eternalwhitebelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Les

Mr Paul Mills, President of the AKKI association, has a saying I'd like to share with you:

"When you drink the water, remember the spring from which it came"

Les

Nice quote but what does that have to do with joining an org.?

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by eternalwhitebelt

Nice quote but what does that have to do with joining an org.?

What it means it that no matter which organisation you are with now, without Mr Parker we wouldn't be here.

Les

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let's just hope all realize that the spring was Ed Parker and not some imposter trying to insert himself in befor him........ lol

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow, where are all the IKKA folk? As of this post there hasn't been a single member.... I knew the IKKA was diminished with its fragmentation, but I didn't realize it had gone this far.

Sad to see.

Lamont

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
There are few, but there are also "closet" IKKA people who are still affiliated personally but don't have their school affiliated.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

No, that's not my style.... I want good serious students, I don't need to steal others.

I'll get better. But maybe they need a leader, and don't know where to go? You gotta admit, with as many associations as there are, it can be confusing.:confused:

OP
L

lifewise

Regardless of how the poll ends - I think it is great that the IKCA has this following here. (both the silent and the acknowledged members)

For those interested in knowing more - check them out personally.
www.karateconnection.com They are a great bunch of folks.

:D

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
Maybe they need a leader, and don't know where to go? You gotta admit, with as many associations as there are, it can be confusing.

Well, you do have a good point there...... I'm glad I have you for a scout and recruiter.

:)

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Well, you do have a good point there...... I'm glad I have you for a scout and recruiter.

:)

Just don't forget my 50% commission, free IKKO membership, patches.Thanks!:boing2:

Oh, and new rank!

Latest Discussions