• AKKS

• CKF

• Indepenent

• NOT LISTED

Results are only viewable after voting.

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am under Bill Packers American Kenpo Karate Association. Mr. Packer was a contemprary of the late Tom Conners. In the early 70's Conners and Parker formed COPAR which later expanded into TRACOPAR. The partnership fell apart during the late 70's leaving Mr. Conners head of many schools around the southwest. Bill Packer re-structured the organization shortly after Conners death into what it is today.

When I first started Kenpo I thought my organization directly under Ed Packers, and later under Tracy's. After some searching and exposure I realized that we didn't belong directly to either. Our technique structure has been changed. Some techniques have been modified, or changed at which belt you learn them. I do believe most of the Kata are the same as the Tracy lineage.

I am willing to post techniques and kata for comparasions if anyone is interested.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by don bohrer

I am under Bill Packers American Kenpo Karate Association. Mr. Packer was a contemprary of the late Tom Conners. In the early 70's Conners and Parker formed COPAR which later expanded into TRACOPAR. The partnership fell apart during the late 70's leaving Mr. Conners head of many schools around the southwest. Bill Packer re-structured the organization shortly after Conners death into what it is today.

When I first started Kenpo I thought my organization directly under Ed Packers, and later under Tracy's. After some searching and exposure I realized that we didn't belong directly to either. Our technique structure has been changed. Some techniques have been modified, or changed at which belt you learn them. I do believe most of the Kata are the same as the Tracy lineage.

I am willing to post techniques and kata for comparasions if anyone is interested.

I'm interested in reading more, please do.

:asian:

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sorry about taking time to reply Klondike93. Here's a few of our lower belts and the order of techs. Does anything look familier?

*GOLD*
ALL BASICS STANCES, PUNCHES, KICKS, MOVEMENT, ETC.
KIMONO GRAB
LOCKING THE ARM A, B, C, D
CHOP TO THE RIGHT
OPPONENTS AT SIDES A, B

SHORT FORM 1
16 COUNT BLOCK (STAR BLOCKING SET?)

*Orange*
SUMO
INWARD DEFENSE A, B, C, D
ANVIL
CRANE KICK
ENCIRCLING ARMS, SET 1 A, B, C, D
CRASHING ELBOW A, B
BEARHUG (FREE IN FRONT) A, B, C, D
OUTWARD DEFENSE A, B, C, D
EAGLE'S BEAK A, B
KICK BLOCKS A, B, C
BEAR HUG (PINNED IN FRONT)
ATTACKING CIRCLE A, B, C (RIGHT AND LEFT)
ENCIRCLING ARMS, SET 2 A, B, C
COVERS A1, A2, B1, B2
FULL NELSON A, B
CRASH OF THE EAGLE, SET 1 A, B, C, D
BEARHUG (FREE IN BACK) A, B

LONG FORM 1
LITTLE TIGER/ couples with little crane in next belt; 2 man set

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It looks real familiar to me.

It looks a lot like the curricullum at the first kenpo school I went to.

Wow, memory lane.

:asian:

OP
M

MinnieMin

Originally posted by Les

Mr Paul Mills, President of the AKKI association, has a saying I'd like to share with you:

"When you drink the water, remember the spring from which it came"

Les

What a humble and beautiful saying!!!
My teacher is with UKS (United Kenpo Systems), so i applied to join too. I haven't received any reply yet, but I know I am in because my check was cashed. hehe

Min :asian:

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by MinnieMin

My teacher is with UKS (United Kenpo Systems), so i applied to join too.

The UKS have some fine Instructors.

If you come across an English guy called Patrick Pace tell him to come home. We miss him.

Les

OP
M

MinnieMin

Originally posted by Les

The UKS have some fine Instructors.

If you come across an English guy called Patrick Pace tell him to come home. We miss him.

Les

I will meet Mr. Patrick Pace sooner or later either in TX or in Los Angeles. My daughter is studying in UCLA, you see, there are many opportunities. :)

Min :asian:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know Patrick well. He is a great instructor and great fun. He and his dad have made almost every camp I have been to in California. I assume his dad is still teaching in the UK?

-Michael
UKS-Texas

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rob_Broad

Whose banner do you follow? If the organization you belong to is not here please don't be offended, I only had room for 10. But if it is not in the list let us know what the organization is.

I am with Senior Professor Brian Duffy and the America Kenpo Federation (AKF).
http://www.akfkenpo.com

OP
W

WilliamTLear

I belong to the United Kenpo Systems association. While I know there are many good Kenpo Associations out there right now, the U.K.S. is the best for me.

Take Care,
Billy Lear

P.S. Mr. Billings... are you going to be able to make it out in September? I remember you might have family obligations, but it would be good to see you! Patrick Pace Jr. will be here...

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the school I'm at is OAKKA (Original American Kenpo Karate Assn... Dave Hebler's assn.) and LTKKA (Larry Tatum Kenpo Karate Assn)

The school is Grilli and Delmark's House of American Kenpo (formerly Darrin Phillips House of American Kenpo...he moved to Idaho and gave the school to two of his black belts)

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, Blindside, I had a buddy that was teaching Tracy's for a bit up in Cheyenne!

Tracy's for me, again!

Dave

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey, Blindside, I had a buddy that was teaching Tracy's for a bit up in Cheyenne!

Hi Dave,

He isn't there anymore is he?

I met one of his students a couple of years ago, but I never made it over to their school.

Lamont

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by nightingale8472
the school I'm at is OAKKA (Original American Kenpo Karate Assn... Dave Hebler's assn.) and LTKKA (Larry Tatum Kenpo Karate Assn)

Aside from the fact that Dave Hebler is activly trying to kill me I think he's a hell of a guy and I like him.

...as long as he doesn't catch me.
:rolleyes:

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

Aside from the fact that Dave Hebler is activly trying to kill me I think he's a hell of a guy and I like him.

...as long as he doesn't catch me.

Gou!

What did you do?!

OP
G

GouRonin

It all started with a shot of Canadian Whiskey I bought for him in a roadhouse bar in PA.

After that it's a little fuzzy but he was cursing my name on the mat the next day saying he was going to kill me.

But I'm innocent. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dave Hebler rawks!
Woo!
:cheers:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

I believe that if you are looking into an assosciatgion, you should look at the philosophies and practices governing them and choos one that best suits your own leanings.

Hey Seig, Thanks for the plug! You're a heck of a friend!:D