Do you know your Kenpo lineage?

Do you know your Kenpo lineage?

• Yes, I can trace my training lineage back to the founder.

• Well, I am vaguely aware about some of the people who taught my instructor(s).

• No, but I would like to know.

• Who cares? I am only interested in my training under my current instructor(s).

Results are only viewable after voting.

tai scorpio

White Belt
Reaction score
hey there fellow kenpoist, my lineage is as follow {sr.g.m.parker}>sr.g.m.david german> master bill parks > and me >sifu bernard (scorpio) strickland. it is very important to pass down our kenpo lineage to our student so they can keep the internal flame alive of our lineage alive as well so they can pass it on to there student and so on. thank you sifu scorpio

Nutbar

White Belt
Reaction score
My Kenpo instructor is Mr. Lee Wedlake whose instructor was Mr. Ed Parker Sr.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
William Chow-Adriano Emperado-Walter Modin-Sonny Gascon-George Pesare-Nick Cerio-Fred Villari-Charles Mattera-Russel Cliegg-Scott Benedict-Me

CHA3Kenpo

White Belt
Reaction score
My father taught me, Jerry Pierce taught my father, Richard Baker taught Pierce and Marino Tiwanak taught Baker. Tiwanak trained under Emperado who trained under Chow.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
William Chow-Adriano Emperado-Walter Modin-Sonny Gascon-George Pesare-Nick Cerio-Fred Villari-Charles Mattera-Russel Cliegg-Scott Benedict-Me

You mean "Walter Godin" bro. Also, the lineage says that Victor Gascon trained under John Leoning also.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is an easy one: (?) -GGM James Mitose-Prof. William K.S. Chow- Sijo Adriano D. Emperado- GM Aleju Reyes- GM Gary Forbach-Prof. John Bishop-Yours Truly.

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Grandmaster Ed Parker
Grandmaster Steve Muhammad
Mr. Ted Taylor
Mr. Steve Herring
Mr. Jerry Smith
Professor Ron Chapel

What an amazing journey.

Peace and Blessings,
Kraiguar

That truly is a great lineage. Some of the very best. For those that do not know Kraiguar Smith is one of the finest fighters from So. Ca. He put it on the line for many years and has beaten the best. Thanks for posting Kraiguar.
Respectfully,
Bob White

kenpotroop

Green Belt
Reaction score
My instructor is Jerald Mitchell, who was taught by Jim Mitchell who was taught by Mr. Parker

Kraiguar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just keeping it real, Doc. I pray that all is well with you.
Peace and Blessings.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just keeping it real, Doc. I pray that all is well with you.
Peace and Blessings.

Kraiguar, I'm envious :) :) How long were you able to study with Dr. Chapel? That must have been fascinating.

Kraiguar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words, Bob. It has been truly an honor for me to have been a part of such a magical time with you and so many others. I will treasure those moments especially Mr. Parker's Open Tournaments we had lots of fun creating. Peace and Blessings.

Kraiguar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Doc is truly like a big brother to me and many others. I have known him for four decades now and in those early days we were all so very hungry for knowledge, wisdom and understanding. Doc gave us so much that it has helped develop some of us to better human beings as well.
Mr. Parker told me that he considered Doc Chapel to be a genius and that there were things that he did for him that no one else could.
We have all received keys to certain doors, we just need to find the right door and go in. God willing.
If you are empty and need something truly special that came straight from the source which has evolved tremendously, call the Doctor.
Peace and Blessings.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doc is truly like a big brother to me and many others. I have known him for four decades now and in those early days we were all so very hungry for knowledge, wisdom and understanding. Doc gave us so much that it has helped develop some of us to better human beings as well.

You know you didn't have to mention the "four decades" part. Now I really feel old. :)

Peace.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know you didn't have to mention the "four decades" part. Now I really feel old. :)

Peace.

Because you knew GM Kraiguar when he was in diapers, right? That's my story and I'm sticking with it ;)

Dragondog1

White Belt
Reaction score
Starting in '68 my kenpo training has been with:
Joe Dimmick
Frank Trejo
Craig McCoy
'Huk' Planas
Ed Parker

Others contributing to my training:
Sheryl Hager - Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu
Richard Kreuger - Serrada Escrima
Jim Grissom - Tai Chi Chuan
Jan Hill - Goju Kai

youngbraveheart

Green Belt
Reaction score
Fortunately, my Kempo "lineage" is short. My teacher and instructor is Master Bill Chun Jr. Master Chun was taught by both his father, Grandmaster William Q.C. Chun Sr., and by Professor William K.S. Chow.

karlijim

White Belt
Reaction score
Ed Parker Sr.
Huk Planas
Josh Ryer
I didn't count the first forty years of off and on training. I call them my "Pre - K" years.

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bryan Hawkins --> Ed Parker

I kinda got off easy there, although I'd like to learn more about the tree in general.

KenpoGunz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Ed Parker
Mr. Dennis Nackord
Mr. Paul Molter
Mr. Me

There is some Mr. Lee Lowery, Mr. Joe Palanzo, and Mr. Larry Tatum in the mix as well.

Latest Discussions