Your training schedule

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you do anything different outside of your martial arts class when you train on your own.

Some people stick to the same class routine when they train on their own. Some focus on different things like forsm one day, kicks another.
Do you all stick to the same class routine on your own or do you mix it up?

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, i murder thousands of tiny dust particles in the air on a day to day basis by striking them.

Seriously though, mostly fitness. If i do anything technical its usually just a matter of randomly standing up, doing it a few times, then getting back to what I was doing. Repetition doesnt do much for me unless im specifically trying to do something.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For me I guess it just depends, if I have a grading coming up I might work more on form segments to nail down the little details. Normally though it's more for fitness and flexability.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am in the dojang 4 days a week and the gym 3 days a week....the gym is for strength training and occasionally, I'll work on forms at the gym depending on an upcoming tournament or test....:)

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
an average week for me would be;

sunday-run (5-8 miles)
monday-powerlift (dead lifts, snatches, other back exercises)
tuesday-powerlift (squats, cleans, other shoulder exercises) judo (30 min tech, 1 1/2 hours randori with ne waza)
wednesday-run (5-8 miles) striking (bag work) and (ground and pound)
thursday-powerlift (bench, clean and jerk, other chest exercises) judo (30 min tech, 1 1/2 hours randori with ne waza)
friday - joint work with weights (arms, legs and neck) bjj or no-gi (30 min tech 1 1/2 hours grappling)
saturday- sprint run (1 mile or 1 1/2 mile)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you do anything different outside of your martial arts class when you train on your own.

Some people stick to the same class routine when they train on their own. Some focus on different things like forsm one day, kicks another.
Do you all stick to the same class routine on your own or do you mix it up?

I usually only train the kicks/punches in class. However, outside of class, I'll work cardio and strength training. in addition to class, usually on a daily basis, I'll do sets of sit ups, push ups, leg raises and squats. My cardio will vary on what I do, however, I do something daily.

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am starting crossfit. I just do slow kicks as close to daily as I can and Form practice if I have about 30 min free (2-3 x week).

Satori

White Belt
Reaction score
Outside of class I work on strength training at the gym, and on my home mats I'll run through my katas, weapons, stretches, and various punch/kick combos with or without the heavy bag. Being in the dojo 6 days a week gives me the opportunity to be more creative with my "down" time. I really like to mix it up as much as possible.

JamesGarr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm a Beachbody fan and I'm usually doing workouts like P90x, P90x2, or Asylum at home for fitness. Currently doing Asylum.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't practice a whole lot at home at this point. Most of what I'm learning now either requires a partner, a heavy bag, or more open space than I really have at my place. I'd probably break a light bulb swinging my bo around! :D

I do try to go to the gym 2x a week and use the elliptical and weight machines.

Latest Discussions