Your avatar: What is the story behind it?

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jenna said:
have you actually worn your tartan made up as a garment or is a thing you would not do over there??
I plan to have an authentic clan kilt made, but to date, I have not. As far as wearing it "over here" goes, personally I would, but most people, regardless of geography would give a second glance to a man in a skirt! :rolleyes: There is a large Irish population near me, but still, if it weren't St. Patty's weekend, I'd get some really strange looks. Kinda like the ones I get when I'm in hakama. Hmm...

-Frank

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
.. but now I am thinking..... No... it cannot be.... get away... Jim + Kerr? Jim Kerr from Scotland? my Sherlock sense says that can only mean one thing... Simple Minds? wow... small world and Don't You Forget About Me... an absolute 80s classic let me put it on see how you were sounding back then Jim, ha! and you will prolly not have a notion what I am blethering on about but no revelations there pffft, ha!

lol...Simple Minds! 'I won't harm you or touch your defences: vanity, insecurity'...No, no...closest well-known relative would be Graham Kerr. Charles Macadams is in the mix somewhere, too.

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
One of the first things I notice about a user on any forum is the avatar they use. I was wondering: Why did you pick your avatar, and is there a story behind it?
Nice thread.

My avatar is a picture of me.

The building behind me was were our tournament was being held.

I trimmed the picture down in Paint and used avatar sizer.
http://www.jql.co.uk/avatarsizer.htm

Been getting ready for my next belt so when that happens will have to change it :)

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Mine is pretty easy to figure out. Most people that know me say I'm a bit short-tempered at times *cough*, and I stumbled across this one online once and have been using it since. :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
A bunch of people have said that it creeps them out.
Yeah, your avatar definitely creeps me out.

Once again, our photoshop expert, OnlyanEgg made my avatar for me. I asked for something "Jade Tigress-y" and he came up with several really cool ones..I liked this one best.

I chose my user name because I like what Jade and Tigers symbolize in Chinese culture, it carries personal significance for me.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I change mine a lot. Its currently my dog in a pirate hat.

Because, ya know...

Its a dog in a pirate hat.

I mean...

A dog.

In a pirate hat.

How could I NOT use it as my avatar?

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
wish I could post attachments, but this will have to do...

here's my little random thread twist - hee hee

Here's my family tartan - Clan Cian - Irish.

tartanR.gif

love to show my fly plaid I wore at my wedding - oh well.

Here's a clan crest:

crestsm3.gif

my coat of arms:

armswill-1.gif

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mine is a tribute to my first style (Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan). I was too lazy to scan my old dojang patch, so I used this one off of the net. It's pretty old. So I was thinking of changing it to a "snowboarding-ish" type, but haven't found one I like. If anyone sees one, let me know :)

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I change my av fairly frequently.

Currently...well, I was walking through a field and saw a bear flying a kite. I walked up to him and asked, 'How's the kite-flying today?'
He looked at me and replied, 'I don't know for sure. The kite's too far off for me to ask.'

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
karatekid1975 said:
Mine is a tribute to my first style (Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan). I was too lazy to scan my old dojang patch, so I used this one off of the net. It's pretty old. So I was thinking of changing it to a "snowboarding-ish" type, but haven't found one I like. If anyone sees one, let me know :)

How about this one? It's a shot of Lindsay Jacobellis hot-dogging her way out of the gold medal. Sure it was maddening to watch on television, but still kinda laughable in a way:

Attachments

• $Jacobellis.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 157

Nanalo74

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Mine is a Taino sun disk. The Tainos were the original inhabitants of Boriken (now known as Puerto Rico). As you can guess, I'm Puerto Rican.

My username is Tagalog for Victor and the 74 is the year I was born.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I picked this matrix one.As its alot like me.

He was taken out of one place & given the culture shock of reality.
Even though you may have the abilty to stop any harm.
There are those of their own kind and way -that are against & disbelieve
what ones intentions are.
Eventually he gained not only respect of his peers--but showed the skills
were truly unique & eager to spread to & for others.
His talents become part of the people & not just the people fighting seperatly. Not to mention, they a pretty bad *** movies.

JamesDraegun

White Belt
Reaction score
I'll probably change my avatar a few times till I find something I like a lot...
Until then, I'll probably be using in-game screenshots of my favorite games. The one I have right now is DOA4 (Dead or Alive 4, a fighting game for the Xbox360). It shows Jan Lee-a virtual Bruce Lee, and one of my favorite characters- giving a face stomp to Ein-a Karate user, and another of my favorite characters-.... ouch!

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
monkey said:
I picked this matrix one.As its alot like me.

He was taken out of one place & given the culture shock of reality.
Even though you may have the abilty to stop any harm.
There are those of their own kind and way -that are against & disbelieve
what ones intentions are.
Eventually he gained not only respect of his peers--but showed the skills
were truly unique & eager to spread to & for others.
His talents become part of the people & not just the people fighting seperatly. Not to mention, they a pretty bad *** movies.
Cool! Well done for being like Neo. And what about stopping the bullets? ;)

Respects!

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
How about this one? It's a shot of Lindsay Jacobellis hot-dogging her way out of the gold medal. Sure it was maddening to watch on television, but still kinda laughable in a way:

Sweet! Thanks. I'll have to change it tomorrow. Nice! Thanks again.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For my new Avatar I have to thank Sam for it. She led me to this site http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/index.html some time ago and it cracked me up. They sell t-shirts of the characters and this was from the picture of the shirt... thus my new avatar... Bother!

Attachments

• $bothershirt.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 153
OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
For my new Avatar I have to thank Sam for it. She led me to this site http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/index.html some time ago and it cracked me up. They sell t-shirts of the characters and this was from the picture of the shirt... thus my new avatar... Bother!

The Potter Puppet Pals are hilarious. In a demented kind of way.

"Follow the butterflies...follow the butterflies...wheeeeeee!"

Latest Discussions