You Know You're Getting Older When...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Super 8 movie cameras, just tell them TVs use to be ONLY black and white

Yep...We didn't have a color TV until my Mom and I pooled our finances and purchased one, much to the dismay of my Dad..

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep...We didn't have a color TV until my Mom and I pooled our finances and purchased one, much to the dismay of my Dad..
Our idea of color tv was hooking an Apple computer monitor to a VCR (which was all the rage of the time), to watch movies.

Seeking Zen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OHHHH! Potato Chips that came in a really big bag with three plain smaller white bages inside. Like bags of milk now!

Ahhhh here is one!!!! AM Radio!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you hear your mother come out of your mouth in response to a smart aleck remark by your child. Then you look in the mirror and see her! Ahhh!:erg:

Wait until your smart aleck child answers you with your own words, now that's an interesting experience:uhyeah:

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can finish the following:

Winston tastes good......

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz....

Schaefer is the one beer to have ......

It takes a licking and ......

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can finish the following:

Winston tastes good....

Like a cigarette should...A lot of them find it hard to believe that cigarette commericals were an every day occurence..The Flintstones had Winston cigarettes has a primary sponser...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remembered this from my Jr High days..Try explaining that back then if you didn't wish to be just another face in the crowd you had to fit into 2 classifications Greasers or Collegents..

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remembered this from my Jr High days..Try explaining that back then if you didn't wish to be just another face in the crowd you had to fit into 2 classifications Greasers or Collegents..

Too good! Because I started school late 60's we had added a third group to that as well, Hippy. Then came the mid to late 70's and we added Stoner and dropped Hippy. Glad to say, I didn't really fit any of the groups and could pass freely between all of them. Had good friends in all the groups.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Too good! Because I started school late 60's we had added a third group to that as well, Hippy.

There were was Mod too..Mod was for those that dressed in the trendy fashions that were all the rave in London..Me I hated ALL these labels..

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Like a cigarette should...A lot of them find it hard to believe that cigarette commericals were an every day occurence..The Flintstones had Winston cigarettes has a primary sponser...
You use to get cartons of Winston cigarettes when you went to Nascar races. That wasn't that long ago...

g-bells

Green Belt
Reaction score
when you fart and sneeze at the same time and it hurts:uhyeah:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We are getting of topic here...The idea was someting that you took for granted as an eveyday occurence you now have to explain to those much younger...

Example: Flash Cubes

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
AM radio use to be the ONLY thing you listened to.

There were only about 3 TV stations to watch, not meaning only 3 good stations.... meaning only 3 stations

You had a record collection made up of 45s

Or you had a record collection.

And you rode in or drove a new VW Beetle... the rear engine one.

Latest Discussions