Yoga and the Kung Fu Girl

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have this terrible movie, "Yoga and the Kung Fu Girl", sitting on my dvd shelf, well it may be cool, but I have not even had the nerve to try to watch the damn thing...

Anyway, I have been doing this whole yoga gig the last three weekends and I must state the obvious, it is really good and very complimentary to MA. I would recommend this to anyone on the site and say give it a go; it is of course always the old question of how much time you have to devote to different things and training and putting this into my already busy schedule is tough but I think worth it. Am having a break from regular MA training Sunday nights for this instead, at least for a while...

My training, MA and in general, has pretty much always been "hard", with a lot of weights, explosive/sprint work on the side and even applicaiton of my goju ryu karate training is relatively "hard", even the likes of the breathing and internal kata are still "hard"/"tense" compared to the likes of yoga for the body, at least in my opinion and the kind of yoga I am taking (should probably ask the woman for the name of it). The suppleness and more rounded form of flexibility garnered from the yoga should be good for both grappling and striking, it certainly does not seem counter-productive to my high kicks and is giving my shoulders more flexibility and movement already so this is only a good thing for wrestling.

Anyway there you go, live a little and try other stuff, you may just be the next Kung Fu yoga girl...

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That movie is cool. You can watch it on YouTube.
There's a part where the Guy gets hit in his hui Yin point hehe.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do yoga (ashtanga). It's a good workout and keeps my core strong and my muscles supple. Good for girls AND guys.

Latest Discussions