Yes...reputation AGAIN!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
This morning I got a notification that I had earned new reputation but, when I clicked on it, for some reason my browser wouldn't go anywhere. I logged out and logged back in, and the notification was gone. For about 5 minutes now I have been browsing around to find this answer on my own and I can't, so my question is: where do we go to see what we earned rep for?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you just click on the "SETTINGS" button on the top right it will take you to a screen that shows your most recent rep as well as giving you the opportunity to customize a bunch of stuff.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you just click on the "SETTINGS" button on the top right it will take you to a screen that shows your most recent rep as well as giving you the opportunity to customize a bunch of stuff.

Ah, I was looking under my profile. Well, there you have it. Thanks.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To give rep, click the little badge icon at the bottom of a post.
There are 3 systems in play here, Thanks, Rep and Likes. All are similar, but Thanks and Likes don't allow comments or a negative feedback.

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
To give rep, click the little badge icon at the bottom of a post.
There are 3 systems in play here, Thanks, Rep and Likes. All are similar, but Thanks and Likes don't allow comments or a negative feedback.

no badge here.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
no badge here.

When an individual earns enough infraction points, they lose privleges, such as sending PMs and using the reputation system until enough points expire as to drop their total below the limits. As infractions increase, accounts may be further restricted, suspended, or banned.

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I believe that is because you don't have any rep power... But I'm not positive.

yup, but there's other reasons for that.

When will people using the rep system to suppress other people's opinions be punished?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The rep system operates under the same rules as the rest of the site. Violators are punished. Moderators who have abused it have been fired. Abuse is not tolerated.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
The rep system operates under the same rules as the rest of the site. Violators are punished. Moderators who have abused it have been fired. Abuse is not tolerated.

For the most part the system works, but there HAVE been times when I was piled on...and when I complained, all I got was a "don't abuse the system" reply. I hardly ever report on anyone because my mentality is, "I'm here by choice. If I don't like it, I can just stop logging in to the site." But on the occasions when I DO report something, I don't think I should be told that I am using the system to "settle a vendetta." I haven't been here long enough to have a vendetta against anyone.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I attest to what Bob said. I have been a mod in the past and have seen other mods fired, suspended, or put back into the general population for abuse

Latest Discussions